Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] macOS Sierra 10.12.1 | Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra | Intel i7-6700k | GTX 950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, After beating my head agains the wall.. I originally thought that if you are using firmware R22, that might be a problem.. But Im not sure now.. I think it might be because my SSD wasnt blank? When I erased it again, it seems to load the install.. So frustrating

Last edited:
This is my first build. I have a GA-Z170X-UD3, i7-6700, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti. I've gotten Sierra installed on an external (USB) 500 GB SSD but when I plug it into the internal SATA I get the "Anti" symbol. For options I'm using ACPI Patching--> Fix USB and PCI--> USB Ownership from a previous post in this forum (thanks!). I turned on SATA internal "hot swap" in the BIOS and connect the drive to SATA 1.

I also get no ethernet, which would makes things a lot easier. When I go to Network in Sys Preferences there are no interfaces. I used the
  1. Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
in MultiBeast from above.

I also downloaded the kexts and plist files from another Gigabyte MB users but I'm not sure where to put them.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Hopefully not a noobie question... have tried to do my research before posting on here but this is my first build and can't seem to figure it out..

I am getting the error "Unable to install MacOS on this machine" and stuck at 11% at install..

Has anyone else had this error with this MOBO?

I looked on the forum for the fix of this error which is installing with a single ram slot but that was my install to begin with...

Any thoughts?

You are a life saver.

Confirmed working 95% -ish for me

All I need to set up now is handoff... I'm coming from and iMac and didn't realize how much I used it.... and iMessage.

Everything worked perfectly in this guide as I followed everything step by step.

The only thing I did differently was restored from a backup instead of a fresh install so if anyone is wondering if a backup restore will work, now ya know!

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the support on this forum and can't believe I actually use to buy Macs! This is awesome!!!!

Hello! A constant issue I'm running into is not being able to boot into Sierra off the hard drive. It boots using the unibeast usb, but that's it /: Any advice would help!

Hello! A constant issue I'm running into is not being able to boot into Sierra off the hard drive. It boots using the unibeast usb, but that's it /: Any advice would help!

Have you ran Unibeast on the Drive you are booting into?

Anyone updated to 10.12.5? If so, does anyone have any issues with iMessage? Any help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back