Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] macOS Sierra 10.12.1 | Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra | Intel i7-6700k | GTX 950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3 Ultra
CPU
CPU:i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 (GV-N950XTREME-2GD)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you do any kind of cloning to restore the install if things become unstable?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you do any kind of cloning to restore the install if things become unstable?
Yes! Absolutely. This was one of my major goals after getting the rig up and running, so I wouldn't fear jacking it up without recovery. Since this is my first Hackintosh, I had to deviate from my usual backup method since I now had to also backup the EFI partition.

I use SuperDuper but I might be switching to Clonezilla for it's ability to copy the EFI partition as well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 Ultra
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980ti Classified
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For some reason after my install the OS is claiming to be 10.12, instead of 10.12.1

This causes an issue because I cannot install the latest nVidia driver (For my GTX 980ti)

I found a driver on tonymac claiming to suit 10.12, but when its installed I crash upon booting, and the only way to get back to the desktop is by telling Clover to disregard the nVidia web drivers.

How can I either update to 10.12.1 or get a suitable nVidia driver to work? Thanks and much appreciated!!

EDIT** I have updated to 10.12.1, and verified the build # (16B2555) and installed the correlating nVidia web driver,

but still crash during booting whenever it tries to use the web driver. Any solution to getting the web driver to not cause crash? Thanks again

Last edited:
Update: I got iMessage working, but I had to install EmuVariableUefi driver by simply opening clover configurator then install drivers and finally clicking on EmuVariableUefi...sweet!

I can't seem to get the iMessage fix working. When I run the iMessageDebug I get failed for ROM an BoardSerialNumber. My searching is telling me I need to install using Clover installer and select EmuVariable...curious if you install also said failed for ROM and BoardSerialNumber...

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update: I got iMessage working, but I had to install EmuVariableUefi driver by simply opening clover configurator then install drivers and finally clicking on EmuVariableUefi...sweet!

I can't seem to get the iMessage fix working. When I run the iMessageDebug I get failed for ROM an BoardSerialNumber. My searching is telling me I need to install using Clover installer and select EmuVariable...curious if you install also said failed for ROM and BoardSerialNumber...
I followed the "Idiot's Guide..." verbatim and had no issues at all. Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear. I guess I got lucky.

I followed the "Idiot's Guide..." verbatim and had no issues at all. Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear. I guess I got lucky.

I got it working, I am curious though if you saw any values for ROM or Motherboard when you ran iMessageDebug (if you followed it exactly you should. have saved the .txt output. Also if you can check to see if your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64.efi contains EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I'm trying to fully understand what is required. I have seen some guides that don't generate a board serial number and still work...but they maybe outdated...thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980
Following this build guide, do you have audio via the displayport working? I followed this guide and the DP audio through my monitor doesn't want to show up. I have almost the identical setup, except Intel 600P drive (NVME) as a boot drive and a Dell U3014 with some speakers plugged into the Dell.

Motherboard
CPU
CPU:i7-6700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone following this build have issues with USB 2.0/3.0 speeds? Seems like I'm getting usb 1.0 type speeds on all ports..
W/R of around 35mb/s - 40mb/s

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Following this build guide, do you have audio via the displayport working? I followed this guide and the DP audio through my monitor doesn't want to show up. I have almost the identical setup, except Intel 600P drive (NVME) as a boot drive and a Dell U3014 with some speakers plugged into the Dell.
I did not test audio over DP or HDMI as I am using a speaker connected directly to the audio out port. If I can find some time to check this, I will do so and report back.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone following this build have issues with USB 2.0/3.0 speeds? Seems like I'm getting usb 1.0 type speeds on all ports..
W/R of around 35mb/s - 40mb/s
All my motherboard USB ports (including the USB 3 header) are consistently getting around around 115-120 MB/s read/write transfer rates. These are using a cheap WB MyPassport USB3 portable drive. Are you using thumb drives? I've had wildly varying results with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.