Contribute
Register

[Success] macOS Sierra 10.12.1 +GA-H81M-S2PV + R9 380 4G PowerColor + No Audio (using external usb)

Hello.

I've installed, with success, macOS Sierra 10.12.1 on Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV.

I used the Unibeast to create USB Bootable Sierra on PC.

After installed the MacOS, I also installed the Windows 10 as second option, after this I only could boot on MacOS Sierra using the Bootable Pen Drive, after searching it, I found this replacing Windows boot file with Clover boot file and everything works fine.

My GPU has a little problem, the R9 380 4G PowerColor works fine with HDMI cable but only after boot, so I have to enable the integrated graphics intel HD 4600 (Core i5 4440).

I setup in my BIOS the HD 4600 as primary, so I boot using a VGA Connector Cable and the Clover Bootloader starts fine so after a few seconds, while apple boot logo still loading, the progress bar stop and I know that the boot is complete, so I change the source in my monitor to HDMI and the login screen is there.

I have strange things happening with Ethernet and Audio drive, but for now everything works pretty well:
  • Ethernet: works out-of-box after the first boot, but after a restart this stop to work, so I try install the RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1, this doesn't work after the restart, so I try install the RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0 and so this works fine after a reboot. (Multibeast_Network.png)
  • Audio: This is a big mystery, I try install the ALC887/888b Legacy first without success, No devices list in audio output. I try install ALC887/888b (with the Legacy), not success again. So I find this post Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio, and again no success =(. But, today when I woke up and started the system the device was there! I don't know why, but now I have the sound working pretty well.
The installation is solid and stable, I played some games on Steam and the Trine from Apple Store with my R9 380. Some games I felt a lot of penalty compared with Windows, I don't know if this is for a poor support with my GPU or if its happens because another reason.

Thanks for all that post threads that help-me get this installation with success.

Cheers.

Attachments