Contribute
Register

[Success] macOS High Sierra on GA-Z97X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="TehDarkSide,
Boot to USB device, select "Options", press enter in the first field that's shown (can't remember the name) I had to change the option to nvda_drv=1.
[/QUOTE]

What option did you change, I input nvda_drv=1, but left (dart=0, nv_disable=1) and it gets me a black screen with the apple logo.

[QUOTE="TehDarkSide,
Boot to USB device, select "Options", press enter in the first field that's shown (can't remember the name) I had to change the option to nvda_drv=1.

What option did you change, I input nvda_drv=1, but left (dart=0, nv_disable=1) and it gets me a black screen with the apple logo.[/QUOTE]

It's been some time since I performed the install... I don't remember changing anything other than nvda_drv=1. By no means am I an expert when it comes to installing Mac OS. There should be an option to boot with verbose mode turned on to see where it's hanging. This should at least give you some info as to why it's getting stuck at the Apple Logo.

Yes, yes, two days and I was able to get it work, thanks for everyone's help here and google search. Was even able to make a change using Clover configurator which I have never used before, solved the boot issue with removing nv_disable=1 from the config file.

My version installed show 10.13.2 (17C88) is it safe to update using the App Store or combo to 10.13.4?

Boot to USB device, select "Options", press enter in the first field that's shown (can't remember the name) I had to change the option to nvda_drv=1. Then go back and boot from USB as "Install Mac OS from High Sierra". When the system reboots, press F12 to boot from the USB key. You'll need to go to options and change it to nvda_drv=1 again. When you go back to boot, select "Boot Mac OS High Sierra". Remember each time the installation rebootsEach time the system reboots ensure you press F12 to boot from the USB key.
Hope this helps.

This helped a whole lot on a GA-Z87X-UD5H, followed your installation tip and only had to load my audio driver ALC898 in Multibeast UEFI. Then installed Nvidia driver and USB 3.0 fix into the config.plist. You helped a fellow Canuck out and I really appreciate your helpful post.

Does anyone have sound after sleep? I am revisiting Hackintoshing again and it appears that this is still a problem.

This helped a whole lot on a GA-Z87X-UD5H, followed your installation tip and only had to load my audio driver ALC898 in Multibeast UEFI. Then installed Nvidia driver and USB 3.0 fix into the config.plist. You helped a fellow Canuck out and I really appreciate your helpful post.

I have the same mobo as you, and I'm trying to get a clean install of 10.13.6 working. Can you elaborate on what USB 3.0 fix you installed (and how)?

Also, did you ever have kernel panics after installation of High Sierra? After initially working fine for a bit, I now get a kernel panic at every boot.

Make sure you follow the advice mentioned above for the GA-Z87X-UD5H.

I tried that advice, but I get kernel panics regardless.

I might not be the best person to ask here, I fumbled around for 2 days and asked for help on the forums but eventually got it 100% working.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing for the past few days. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back