Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] macOS High Sierra on GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming +i7 7700K Intel HD 630/Radeon5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the same board/cpu and loving this post of your details. Really new to Hacintosh and have my system booting into Mac OS High Sierra, but don't have the audio or GTX1060 drivers working yet (still on onboard HDMI). Looking this over in detail now.

So do I have to install Clover EFI r 4318 on my working MacMini, then copy some files over to the bootable USB? Confused on how I get a new clover on that USB, then finally onto the new Hacintosh so it can boot without a USB drive. New to clover as well as you can probably tell. You list of "other" kexts are exactly what I need... just unclear how to get to that point.

Trying to get the graphics card and audio working... then I would be SUPER THANKFUL.

I have the same board/cpu and loving this post of your details. Really new to Hacintosh and have my system booting into Mac OS High Sierra, but don't have the audio or GTX1060 drivers working yet (still on onboard HDMI). Looking this over in detail now.

So do I have to install Clover EFI r 4318 on my working MacMini, then copy some files over to the bootable USB? Confused on how I get a new clover on that USB, then finally onto the new Hacintosh so it can boot without a USB drive. New to clover as well as you can probably tell. You list of "other" kexts are exactly what I need... just unclear how to get to that point.

Trying to get the graphics card and audio working... then I would be SUPER THANKFUL.

• If you have a working HS system Disk that can boot without the USB installer used to create it, all that you are dealing with is Post Install troubleshoot.
  • From what I understand from your post is that you are currently booting your System HS HDD using your Integrated Intel HD 630.
    • You want to be able to use your Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
    • Your Audio is Not working now.
  • If your System disk is booting without the help of the USB installer to reach CBM screen, you don't need the High Sierra USB disk to troubleshoot.
    • Please confirm this last point. Can your System Disk boot without USB installer disk?

• If you have a working HS system Disk that can boot without the USB installer used to create it, all that you are dealing with is Post Install troubleshoot.
  • From what I understand from your post is that you are currently booting your System HS HDD using your Integrated Intel HD 630.
    • You want to be able to use your Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
    • Your Audio is Not working now.
  • If your System disk is booting without the help of the USB installer to reach CBM screen, you don't need the High Sierra USB disk to troubleshoot.
    • Please confirm this last point. Can your System Disk boot without USB installer disk?
I can boot directly from the Samsung EVO NVMe SSD installed... Multibeast set that up and works ok. Just audio still not working, and the integrated Intel 630 graphics only. Since that was working I just did the following steps:

1. Downloaded the new NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.1 (17B1003).
2. Installed them.
3. Restarted my system and went into the BIOS to disable the onboard video.
4. Installed the GTX 1060

Now machine won't load. gets to apple logo with progress bar (almost complete) then the screen goes black, power still on. Nothing. I don't know what arguments/options to select from the clover option to get back into Mac OS High Sierra.

Any way you could upload your config.plist file so I can compare to mine? I'm sure it in there, im just not that great at all this clover configuration stuff (yet).

Last edited:
I can boot directly from the Samsung EVO NVMe SSD installed... Multibeast set that up and works ok. Just audio still not working, and the integrated Intel 630 graphics only. Since that was working I just did the following steps:

1. Downloaded the new NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.1 (17B1003).
2. Installed them.
3. Restarted my system and went into the BIOS to disable the onboard video.
4. Installed the GTX 1060

Now machine won't load. gets to apple logo with progress bar (almost complete) then the screen goes black, power still on. Nothing. I don't know what arguments/options to select from the clover option to get back into Mac OS High Sierra.

Super appreciate any help! Thanks!
  • I suspect you did not edit config.plist after Nvidia Webdriver installation
  • Config.plist>System Parameters should have the following editing as shown in uploaded image. [Image 1]
What can you do now?
  • From where you are now, try the following to get back to Desktop
  • Restart the Computer
  • Wait to enter "Clover Boot Manager" (CBM) Screen
  • At CBM screen, scroll down to "Options"
  • In "Boot Args:" make sure to type in boot flags: -v dart=0
  • Scroll down to Graphics Injector-> and ENTER
  • Make sure to [√] Nvidia Web Driver [See image]
  • Return to CBM screen> Boot your High Sierra System disk.
Once logged in back on Desktop:
  • Download Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD
  • Launch CCV
  • Mount EFI Partition of your System Disk on the desktop
    • From left Panel of CCV screen click Mount EFI [See image]
    • From the bottom partition of divided CCV window locate your System disk named as "EFI on EFI TheNameYouHaveGivenToHighSierraSystemDisk"
    • From its Right end click on "Mount Partition"
    • Find the mounted EFI partition icon [grey color]
    • Click>EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Config.plist
    • R-click Config.plist>Open with CCV
    • From Left Panel >System Parameter and edit as shown in uploaded image]
  • Save edited config.plist by clicking on the Arrow (2nd from left) at the left panel bottom
  • Reboot and see if you can boot without problem.

Attachments

• 1.GraphicsInjector>[√]NvidiaWeb Driver.png
    1.GraphicsInjector>[√]NvidiaWeb Driver.png
    666.1 KB · Views: 733
  • 1.Mount EFI Partition.png
    1.Mount EFI Partition.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 789
  • 2.config.plist_System Parameters.png
    2.config.plist_System Parameters.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 709
  • Config.plist>System Parameters should have the following editing as shown in uploaded image. [Image 1]
What can you do now?
  • Restart the Computer
  • Launch CCV
    • From the bottom partition of divided CCV window locate your System disk named as "EFI on EFI TheNameYouHaveGivenToHighSierraSystemDisk"
  • Save edited config.plist by clicking on the Arrow (2nd from left) at the left panel bottom
Just back in (with correct boot arguments) and with the GTX 1060 working. Got the new Nvidia web drivers installed too. PROGRESS!!!

Still no sound.

And having a little problem with Clover boot.... set BIOS to boot to the NVMe M.2 SSD, but it's not selecting the correct instance (Boot from Hacintosh HD) or arguments.... I'm having to do that manually at the moment...

But I have perfectly working Video... and OS (other than lack of sound)... so I'm getting there. Clover just taking me some time to grasp.

Just back in (with correct boot arguments) and with the GTX 1060 working. Got the new Nvidia web drivers installed too. PROGRESS!!!

Still no sound.

And having a little problem with Clover boot.... set BIOS to boot to the NVMe M.2 SSD, but it's not selecting the correct instance (Boot from Hacintosh HD) or arguments.... I'm having to do that manually at the moment...

But I have perfectly working Video... and OS (other than lack of sound)... so I'm getting there. Clover just taking me some time to grasp.
Still no sound.
Your Audio troubleshoot may be a little tricky but doable as long as you can follow Toleda's Guide very carefully paying attention to each word there. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lake-audio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/
  • If you still have problem trying to use Toleda's Guide, I'll certainly try to help you provided you post in detail to make me understand where things are not working out.
Best way I can figure out what you are facing , is to let me look at the images of your :
  • BIOS Boot Options dealing with your Boot Options Priority list in Full showing NVMe SSD and other disks in that list.
  • F-12 Boot Device Selection Screen
  • CBM screen showing Device icons
These images I need are to be shot when you are experiencing the problem you have mentioned above and a set of images that shows your current 'workaround' to boot your system disk.[/QUOTE]

What can you do now?
  • Restart the Computer
  • Launch CCV
WOW, love the vibrant Clover Configurator! Thanks for that!

Got the system booting on its own, with your screen shots. With network and video working. Just still no audio (reading your other post on that). Cannot thank you enough thus far... making this work and it's sinking in for me now. Very cool. Fingers crossed for the audio portion... then I'm 100%

WOW, love the vibrant Clover Configurator! Thanks for that!

Got the system booting on its own, with your screen shots. With network and video working. Just still no audio (reading your other post on that). Cannot thank you enough thus far... making this work and it's sinking in for me now. Very cool. Fingers crossed for the audio portion... then I'm 100%

Two individuals who deserve our special gratitude in this Forum for their enormous contributions to bringing "sight and sound" to our Hackintosh rigs are RehabMan and Toleda. So, the thanks you gave me is relayed without delay to them through this response.

Hope you can fix your Audio too.
If you need help post in detail with screen shots.

Two individuals who deserve our special gratitude in this Forum for their enormous contributions to bringing "sight and sound" to our Hackintosh rigs are RehabMan and Toleda. So, the thanks you gave me is relayed without delay to them through this response.

Hope you can fix your Audio too.
If you need help post in detail with screen shots.
I am considering doing a fresh install again... and wiping out all the different ways I've attempted to fix this audio issue.

Pretty sure I can successfully reinstall high sierra 13.1.1, setup GTX1060 graphics card, and keep network drivers working. At least I've had some success with that so far. Trying to re-read your exact steps (to the letter) to successfully get audio working.

Curious... can you name out the flags you used at boot, and specifically in Multi-beast for initial setup of your board? Maybe I've missed some important ones, or added extras that have caused my issues...

Going down that re-install from fresh USB boot UEFI right now... expect 20-30min tops.

I am considering doing a fresh install again... and wiping out all the different ways I've attempted to fix this audio issue.

Pretty sure I can successfully reinstall high sierra 13.1.1, setup GTX1060 graphics card, and keep network drivers working. At least I've had some success with that so far. Trying to re-read your exact steps (to the letter) to successfully get audio working.

Curious... can you name out the flags you used at boot, and specifically in Multi-beast for initial setup of your board? Maybe I've missed some important ones, or added extras that have caused my issues...

Going down that re-install from fresh USB boot UEFI right now... expect 20-30min tops.
  • Please note we share same MoBo but not the exact same CPU
  • but your CPU is also Kaby Lake and therefore should not be a problem.
  • But we have different PCIE Graphics cards.
  • You cannot copy my config.plist but can certainly modify it for your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 .
  • Note my Boot flags were set that way to make it easier for me to use either the IGFX :Intel HD630 or my Add on PCIE Radeon 5450 2GB Graphics.
  • If you had gone through all the posted screen shots in my original post , you would have got all the information you need from them.
  • I am uploading my config.plsit as a zipped file hoping that could help you.
    • Please note my config.plist is like a'cheat sheet' for everything in my CLOVER's Folders and what my BIOS setup are like . It is a brief list of things to do by Clover boot loader during the boot, based on the kexts in "Other" and drivers64UEFI, and files in "themes" and BIOS options.
  • I did not use Multibeast for my final installation.
  • I downloaded kexts from Tonymac for my Motherboard and manually installed the kexts.
  • I also installed the latest Clover EFI from Sourceforge.net manually, and chose all the options in config.plist during numerous reboots modifying things to fix the problems I had encountered.
  • I had no "cook book' to follow for the installation and had to do the hard way by reboots, take photos, analyze the images, find problems and fix them one at a time.
  • Even after my last post on my system in this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-macos-high-sierra-on-ga-z270x-ultra-gaming-i7-7700k-intel-hd-630-radeon5450.239427/#post-1635659 , I had Shutdown _Automatic Reboot issues that took a lot of time to fix by editing both BIOS Options and in my config.plist _ACPI .
  • If you feel discouraged the first time or 5th time your System has not become your dream machine, it is always due to mistakes you might have caused or lack of trying on your part.
  • Hackintosh is for those who are never discouraged or unhappy with failures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back