Contribute
Register

[Success]macOS High Sierra on GA-H77-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much bro, find attached the zip file.
Thank you very much bro, find attached the zip file.

Thank you for uploading CLOVER from High Sierra USB Installer as zipped file
  • I pretty much agree with what carpentryplus25 has already answered.
  • I have reviewed your CLOVER folder contents of USB Installer.
  • I have annotated on CLOVER/kexts/ and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and uploaded.
    • CLOVER/kexts needs your attention. carpentryplus25 has already commented about it.
    • Numbered folders are unnecessary. Duplicates can cause problem as in #13 and Other ,. Another reason to remove numbered folders and keeping ONLY /kexts/Other
  • I have reviewed config.plist.
  • I have uploaded edited config.plist sections.
    • I have made composite images for relevant items.
    • Some config.plist needs immediate attention to prevent boot freeze/Crash
  • If you have questions please post , with images for clarity.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other .png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other .png
    194.5 KB · Views: 807
  • 3.config.plist_ACPI-OK.png
    3.config.plist_ACPI-OK.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 885
  • 4.config.plist_Boot_Graphics incompatibl;e entries.png
    4.config.plist_Boot_Graphics incompatibl;e entries.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 862
  • 5.config_Devices Need editing.png
    5.config_Devices Need editing.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 853
  • 6.config.plist_Gui needs attention.png
    6.config.plist_Gui needs attention.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 859
  • 7.config.plist+Kernel and KLext Patches_OK.png
    7.config.plist+Kernel and KLext Patches_OK.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 842
  • 8.config.plis_RT Variables-CsrActivweConfig 0x67.png
    8.config.plis_RT Variables-CsrActivweConfig 0x67.png
    243 KB · Views: 835
  • 9.config.plist+SMBIOS_OK.png
    9.config.plist+SMBIOS_OK.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 806
  • 10.config.plist_System Parameters .png
    10.config.plist_System Parameters .png
    212.6 KB · Views: 749
  • 2.CLOVER_drivers64UEFI.png
    2.CLOVER_drivers64UEFI.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 678
Thank you for uploading CLOVER from High Sierra USB Installer as zipped file
  • I pretty much agree with what carpentryplus25 has already answered.
  • I have reviewed your CLOVER folder contents of USB Installer.
  • I have annotated on CLOVER/kexts/ and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and uploaded.
    • CLOVER/kexts needs your attention. carpentryplus25 has already commented about it.
    • Numbered folders are unnecessary. Duplicates can cause problem as in #13 and Other ,. Another reason to remove numbered folders and keeping ONLY /kexts/Other
  • I have reviewed config.plist.
  • I have uploaded edited config.plist sections.
    • I have made composite images for relevant items.
    • Some config.plist needs immediate attention to prevent boot freeze/Crash
  • If you have questions please post , with images for clarity.

By this time, Unibeast for HS was released, and I recreated a bootable usb with it.
It didn't boot as well, even though I disconnected all other drives. I attached clover folder and the last messages I receive.
the "IMG_4661" file flashes every 30 sec or so and generates the text shown in the "Screen Shot" file (sorry this is the best quality I could get), then gets back again to same with timestamp changing.

P.S: I have tried several USB ports with same result.

thank you bro

Attachments

• IMG_4661.jpg
    IMG_4661.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.50.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.50.40 PM.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 191
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 115
By this time, Unibeast for HS was released, and I recreated a bootable usb with it.
It didn't boot as well, even though I disconnected all other drives. I attached clover folder and the last messages I receive.
the "IMG_4661" file flashes every 30 sec or so and generates the text shown in the "Screen Shot" file (sorry this is the best quality I could get), then gets back again to same with timestamp changing.

P.S: I have tried several USB ports with same result.

thank you bro
Please review carefully uploaded edited images for what caused the problem and what is your next best step.
  • This Verbose Boot screen indicates problem with your Graphics.
  • Your current CLOVER /config.plist once again shows you have Disabled Nvidia which would have helped you to boot with your newly created High Sierra USB installer, but Injecting your Intel HD 2500 which has no support caused you the Boot Freeze.
  • Un [√] Inject Intel in CBM screen>Options>Graphics Injector-->
  • Then try to boot your USB installer in Verbose Mode (-v)
  • Upload Boot screen images if you encounter problems.

Attachments

• 1.Grapihics related Freeze.png
    1.Grapihics related Freeze.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.[V]Inject Intel.png
    2.[V]Inject Intel.png
    109 KB · Views: 260
  • 3.Boot Args OK.png
    3.Boot Args OK.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 229
Please review carefully uploaded edited images for what caused the problem and what is your next best step.
  • This Verbose Boot screen indicates problem with your Graphics.
  • Your current CLOVER /config.plist once again shows you have Disabled Nvidia which would have helped you to boot with your newly created High Sierra USB installer, but Injecting your Intel HD 2500 which has no support caused you the Boot Freeze.
  • Un [√] Inject Intel in CBM screen>Options>Graphics Injector-->
  • Then try to boot your USB installer in Verbose Mode (-v)
  • Upload Boot screen images if you encounter problems.

I have tried exactly what u said, un-ticked Inject Intel and tried again.
same result and still receive the same messages sent in the reply above.

the text you highlighted above seem to be the below:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0 ->0, lin 0, llk 1.
IOConsoleUsers: oIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, hs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

just a note it happens so fast had to record in video and in the video i cant tell if the commas are commas or dots.(if that makes any difference.

thank you

I have tried exactly what u said, un-ticked Inject Intel and tried again.
same result and still receive the same messages sent in the reply above.

the text you highlighted above seem to be the below:

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0 ->0, lin 0, llk 1.
IOConsoleUsers: oIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, hs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

just a note it happens so fast had to record in video and in the video i cant tell if the commas are commas or dots.(if that makes any difference.

thank you
  • As I indicated in my earlier reply, I think the problem is a Graphics Related Boot freeze.
  • Your Integrated Graphics is Intel HD 2500 which is not supported in this Mac
  • Your PCIE Graphics is GTX 960 as per your Specs.
  • Your Previous config.plist had shown to inject Intel which is not appropriate and nv_disable=1 in boot args: which is OK for USB installer booting until the System gets Nvidia Webdriver and then additional configuration for graphics to work in High Sierra.
  • If you have already unchecked Intel Injection from CBM Options>Graphics Injector and still getting the same line of error, I suspect your BIOS >Peripherals have changed since your original post .
  • Please reboot>Del>BIOS>Peripherals and check Video and USB related Options under Peripherals menu you have for this boot .
  • See uploaded image for GA-H77-DS3H _BIOS Peripherals for my PCIE card (I have Radeon 5450 2GB)
    • my apologies for the suboptimal quality of the photo taken in a hurry.

Attachments

• GA-H 77-DS3H_BIOS_Peripherals.png
    GA-H 77-DS3H_BIOS_Peripherals.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Thanks bro, that was a bit dumb :shifty: on my side, had a wrong setting in that section. however, you are my hero bro, it worked and the os is installed and working. so far everything is ok. I'll let you know if there is anything malfunctioning.

thank you again bro.:clap:

Thanks bro, that was a bit dumb :shifty: on my side, had a wrong setting in that section. however, you are my hero bro, it worked and the os is installed and working. so far everything is ok. I'll let you know if there is anything malfunctioning.

thank you again bro.:clap:
Glad to see you found the problem in the setting and corrected and solved the issue.:clap:
Since you had a lot of problems during the install, I suggest you clone this disk with a same sized or larger disk for safe keeping while trying anything new on it or update it.Once you get a flawless update, keep on recloning to update the cloned disk to keep it also current. It will just take a few minutes and a blank disk or even one with data you don't mind losing.

Glad to see you found the problem in the setting and corrected and solved the issue.:clap:
Since you had a lot of problems during the install, I suggest you clone this disk with a same sized or larger disk for safe keeping while trying anything new on it or update it.Once you get a flawless update, keep on recloning to update the cloned disk to keep it also current. It will just take a few minutes and a blank disk or even one with data you don't mind losing.

yes that is the strategy I follow, actually I have the working sierra on a separate drive that I used to clone before any change.
one more thing is you don't mind me asking, i seem to fail to calibrate the colors properly on my monitor. I have a 22" Samsung LED connected via HDMI (S22D300), any advice on any software to use?

yes that is the strategy I follow, actually I have the working sierra on a separate drive that I used to clone before any change.
one more thing is you don't mind me asking, i seem to fail to calibrate the colors properly on my monitor. I have a 22" Samsung LED connected via HDMI (S22D300), any advice on any software to use?

• If you could give me some concrete examples of your Screen shots showing what the current display looks like, I might be able to help you better.

Please upload screen images of :
  • Apple >About This Mac> Overview
  • Apple >About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware>Hardware Overview
  • Apple >About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware>Graphics and Displays
  • Desktop screen image of what you consider unacceptable and considering color calibration to fix.

• If I take a guess, what you could be experiencing may be "flickering colors" with yellow ,orange, and red changing rapsidly into blue and purple.
    • If that is what is happening a "paid software" is what you may need . There are some freeware but I have not found them good enough to help.

• Please let me know what exactly is the computer display symptom you are concerned about and upload the requested screen images.

I have the same motherboard and a radeon 7700 graphics card tried all these steps not get frozen on the grey screen before the os installs? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back