2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware:
MoBo:GA-H77-DS3H
CPU: Intel i5 3550
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 5450 2GB
Billion color Fix with SwitchResX
Problem: Desktop screen , Browser display, Applications Windows- all showed 'bad colors' and 'icons appeared tremulous' .Any mouse or keyboard activity caused the screen color changing to different shades, mostly purplish.

Fix: SwitchResX and converting from Billion Colors to Millions of Colors by placing [√] [See image of SwitchResX Preferences Pane on the Right side of the uploaded image]

See uploaded composite images of "About This Mac _Overview" screen BEFORE and AFTER launching SwitchResX. Note: the Video card had been properly installed and there were no other issues.

I had the same issue when I installed el Capitan and later macOS Sierra installation on the same hardware. It is while troubleshooting them I learned SwitchResX could fix the problem.
  • Has anyone experienced this kind of Video Display? What causes this?
  • If anyone has had this problem, how was it fixed?

Attachments

• Billion Color Fix with SwitchResX.png
    Billion Color Fix with SwitchResX.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,493
MoBo:GA-H77-DS3H
CPU: Intel i5 3550
Hi there, I have the same mobo and cpu, and have sierra fully working and all is perfect. However, I cant seem to boot into the high sierra installer, is there any special setting i need to use? what config did u use?

Hi there, I have the same mobo and cpu, and have sierra fully working and all is perfect. However, I cant seem to boot into the high sierra installer, is there any special setting i need to use? what config did u use?
  • Have you updated the Clover Bootloader on the current Sierra before trying High Sierra upgrade straight?
    • Did you edit CLOVER/kexts/Other with the latset FakeSMC.kext?
    • Did you verify the config.plist of the Edited CLOVER to make sure it has verbose boot and dart=0?
  • Did you direct the Downloaded macOS High Sierra to install on the Sierra System Disk that has just got an updated Clover EFI bootloader and its Other Folder edited?
  • What happens when the System reboots for the first time after you complete the above?
    • Please Take photos and upload image(s) of your Display Monitor screen(s) on which you based the conclusion
      I cant seem to boot into the high sierra installer,

• Have you updated the Clover Bootloader on the current Sierra before trying High Sierra upgrade straight?
    • Did you edit CLOVER/kexts/Other with the latset FakeSMC.kext?
    • Did you verify the config.plist of the Edited CLOVER to make sure it has verbose boot and dart=0?
  • Did you direct the Downloaded macOS High Sierra to install on the Sierra System Disk that has just got an updated Clover EFI bootloader and its Other Folder edited?
Not needed since I am trying to install HS on a separate fresh hard drive.

Please Take photos and upload image(s) of your Display Monitor screen(s) on which you based the conclusion

I attached the panic screenshot.

HS panic.jpg

Not needed since I am trying to install HS on a separate fresh hard drive.

I attached the panic screenshot.

View attachment 287946
  • Thank you for uploading the Boot Screen with KP
  • The screen shows your BIOS has Serial Port ENABLED. [See edited image]
  • You need to DISABLE Serial port in BIOS>Peripherals>>>>>Super IO Configuration >Serial Port >Disable (See Image-2)

Attachments

• Problem Serial Port is ENABLED in BIOS_Peripherals_Super IO Configuration.png
    Problem Serial Port is ENABLED in BIOS_Peripherals_Super IO Configuration.png
    804 KB · Views: 651
  • 2.Serial port.png
    2.Serial port.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 687
  • Thank you for uploading the Boot Screen with KP
  • You need to DISABLE Serial port in BIOS>Peripherals>>>>>Super IO Configuration >Serial Port >Disable (See Image-2)

Weird, I know I disabled it, sierra was working flawlessly.
However, I'll check and let you know of the outcome.

thanks a million bro.

I checked and indeed it was enabled, however, I disabled it and tried again only to receive the same KP just without the Serial port line. check the attached!

IMG-4638.JPG

Boot problem at this stage are often from BIOS or CLOVER. Now BIOS is ruled out as there is no more any reference to BIOS in the Screen Image you have uploaded.
  • I need your CLOVER from the High Sierra USB Installer to diagnose the problem.
  • You will have to Mount the EFI Partition of your High Sierra Installer USB Flash disk on Desktop of the system it was created (or any Mac/Hack) using Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV) http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=vibrant or EFI Mounter V3 .
  • You can then Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER> Upload to this Forum

You can then Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER> Upload to this Forum

Thank you very much bro, find attached the zip file.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
Thank you very much bro, find attached the zip file.
I don't know if this is your problem or not but the SMBios section of your config.plist is practically empty in both config.plist and configoriginal.plist. Also you are using NullCPUPowerManagement, which I can understand this for an installer but I wouldn't want this on a finished system. It's best to use KernelIVYXCPM clover patch for Ivy based systems. Also to follow my moto of KISS((keep it stupid simple) not calling you stupid BTW) detach the windows drive at least until finished with installing. Use only one drive attached to the system. This eliminates variables for now. Now standard IVY install would be optimized Bios defaults with Sata in AHCI mode, vt-d disabled, HPET enabled, CSM enabled, removing the graphics card for now and using IGPU for installation process, disable any serial ports, disable secure boot, and selecting the OS to other. Now if you have a working Sierra install you might wanna think about copying the config.plist from that install and trying it. Now I don't have any IVY hardware so you'll have to wait for cmn699 for any more specifics of this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back