Contribute
Register

Success - macOS 10.14 on ThinkPad T480s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for making this thread. I've tried installing mac OS on my t480s and I'm running into a problem. I can get the mac OS installer to boot but it doesn't see the drive that I want to install the OS to. If I go into disk utility and select show all drives I can only see the USB installer and the PCI-e NVME drive that I have installed in the WWAN slot. I would like to install Mojave to the NVME that has windows installed on it (the disk that the Thinkpad shipped with) which has a window partition and a second empty partition that I wanted to install Mojave on. Is there some reason I can't see this NVME?

Thanks for making this thread. I've tried installing mac OS on my t480s and I'm running into a problem. I can get the mac OS installer to boot but it doesn't see the drive that I want to install the OS to. If I go into disk utility and select show all drives I can only see the USB installer and the PCI-e NVME drive that I have installed in the WWAN slot. I would like to install Mojave to the NVME that has windows installed on it (the disk that the Thinkpad shipped with) which has a window partition and a second empty partition that I wanted to install Mojave on. Is there some reason I can't see this NVME?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 94
  • os_install.jpg
    os_install.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 142
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 98
I've attached the Clover folder and a picture of disk utility. Just to reiterate, the Mojave installer sees the PCI-e NVME in the WWAN slot but not the NVME in the M.2 slot. I would prefer to install Mojave on to the M.2 Drive.

Your profile has no hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Why did you attach two CLOVER.zip files? Which one should I be looking at? (please pay attention to what you post).

I added the laptop information to my profile.

Missing screen resolution.
misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2).

Please read the FAQ carefully.

Thank you for your guide which makes me interested in getting a Lenovo hackintosh.
I am thinking about purchasing the Lenovo T480 with the specs shown below,
  • Processor : Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.00 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
  • Display : 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS,Anti-Glare,250nit
  • Memory : 32GB(16+16) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM
  • Graphic Card : Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • Body Color : Black
  • Top Cover Material : Lighter Mg (Magnesium) cover
  • Camera : 720p HD Camera with microphone and ThinkShutter
  • Keyboard : Keyboard Backlit - English
  • Security Chip : Hardware dTPM
  • TPM Setting : Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
  • First Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive M.2 2280 PCIe, Opal 2.0
  • Front Battery : 3 Cell Li-Ion 24Wh Front
  • Rear Battery : ThinkPad Battery 6 cell Li-Ion (72Wh) Cylindrical Rear
  • Power Cord : 45W AC Adapter (3pin) - UK (USB Type C)
  • Wireless : Intel Dual Band Wireless AC(2x2) 8265, Bluetooth Version 4.1, vPro
  • Display Panel : 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080), Mg , No touch, No WWAN, 2D Camera, Mic
  • Base : Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • Warranty : 1 Year Carry-in
Do I have to change the Wifi card or does Mac OS support it?
How poorly does the trackpad perform as I might have to travel with it very often and I dont really like a mouse.
Also how stable is it? Are there any freeze or lag or kernel panic with this build?
Thank you so much.

Last edited:
yes
Thank you for your guide which makes me interested in getting a Lenovo hackintosh.
I am thinking about purchasing the Lenovo T480 with the specs shown below,
  • Processor : Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.00 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
  • Display : 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS,Anti-Glare,250nit
  • Memory : 32GB(16+16) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM
  • Graphic Card : Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • Body Color : Black
  • Top Cover Material : Lighter Mg (Magnesium) cover
  • Camera : 720p HD Camera with microphone and ThinkShutter
  • Keyboard : Keyboard Backlit - English
  • Security Chip : Hardware dTPM
  • TPM Setting : Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
  • First Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive M.2 2280 PCIe, Opal 2.0
  • Front Battery : 3 Cell Li-Ion 24Wh Front
  • Rear Battery : ThinkPad Battery 6 cell Li-Ion (72Wh) Cylindrical Rear
  • Power Cord : 45W AC Adapter (3pin) - UK (USB Type C)
  • Wireless : Intel Dual Band Wireless AC(2x2) 8265, Bluetooth Version 4.1, vPro
  • Display Panel : 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080), Mg , No touch, No WWAN, 2D Camera, Mic
  • Base : Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • Warranty : 1 Year Carry-in
Do I have to change the Wifi card or does Mac OS support it?
How poorly does the trackpad perform as I might have to travel with it very often and I dont really like a mouse.
Also how stable is it? Are there any freeze or lag or kernel panic with this build?
Thank you so much.
you will need to change the wifi card as intel wifi is not supported

Will you go for DW1830 or DW1560. Since T480 only has 2 antennas, is it better to opt for DW1560?

Depends on whether you're willing to add/install the appropriate antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back