Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
As already mentioned the Intel Speedstep Turbo is different as the board manufacturers Enhanced Multicore Turbo, where all cores run at max speed of for example 5 Ghz. That's really making the whole Package hot.
I would not recomend to go over 85-90° C under longer load cycles.

I will keep that in mind, thanks.

That said though, the most CPU intensive task I do in macOS on a typical day is encode several (maybe 10 at the most?) 3-5 minute videos... the rest is just coding and Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign. The temps have never been a problem in macOS, only Windows while playing pubg (but a custom fan curve fixed that).

So, My Board is ga z370 aorus Gaming 7. My quick sync is working well with shiki and the GPU sensor shows me iGPU ghz. BUT!! My system not recognized UHD630. It goes to black screen when I boot with iGPU connected monitor...Also in windows has the same issue. And I found it happened since UHD only support 30hz with 4k. TT Ok then, but why my system information in graphic section not showing me HD630? I only see dGPU. Is there anyone can see both cards?

So, My Board is ga z370 aorus Gaming 7. My quick sync is working well with shiki and the GPU sensor shows me iGPU ghz. BUT!! My system not recognized UHD630. It goes to black screen when I boot with iGPU connected monitor...Also in windows has the same issue. And I found it happened since UHD only support 30hz with 4k. TT Ok then, but why my system information in graphic section not showing me HD630? I only see dGPU. Is there anyone can see both cards?
NVM, I figured out, Now this machine is working perfect!! (For some reason/ It should go to id 0x5912000 not 2003)

Thank you!!

Hi Macboy,

I put together an HTPC build using an i3-8100. It's nice but I'm struggling with the HD630. I can't get acceleration in 10.13.1

I feel like I've tried every config. Any ideas?

Erik

I had asked this question in another thread. Ask again here hope to find a solution :)

I have a similar build with i8700k + ASUS PRIME Z370-A + GTX 1080. But the pc always restart after choose 'Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra' in Clover screen. I had followed the instruction to create a installer USB and properly setup BIOS.
adding -v to boot option, I got following information:

OsxAptionFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

after such info show up, pc reboot itself for a while.
Any suggestion what could be wrong and how I should fix it?

Thanks!

Hi Macboy,

I put together an HTPC build using an i3-8100. It's nice but I'm struggling with the HD630. I can't get acceleration in 10.13.1

Just following up on this. It's strange. I tested the IGPU on my 8700k and it worked fairly easily with the standard injections, acceleration and all. But no acceleration on the i3. It has a different device ID (3e91 vs 3e92) than than the 8700k. Anyway, I tried everything and had no luck.

For time being I'm just going to pause on this build and see if peopel figure things out, or wait for the i5 8400 to come in stock and I might trade up. Insights still welcome!

I had asked this question in another thread. Ask again here hope to find a solution :)

I have a similar build with i8700k + ASUS PRIME Z370-A + GTX 1080. But the pc always restart after choose 'Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra' in Clover screen. I had followed the instruction to create a installer USB and properly setup BIOS.
adding -v to boot option, I got following information:

OsxAptionFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

after such info show up, pc reboot itself for a while.
Any suggestion what could be wrong and how I should fix it?

Thanks!

Disable iGPU or Take out PCI EX card from the MB if you have one like thunderbolt adding card. or Disable Thunderbolt TM if you want to use Igpu. The way I fixes boot flag slide=0

Disable iGPU or Take out PCI EX card from the MB if you have one like thunderbolt adding card. or Disable Thunderbolt TM if you want to use Igpu. The way I fixes boot flag slide=0

Thanks for help! I am not using any Thunderbolt card, I will try to remove GTX from MB and see how it turns out.

Hi Macboy, thanks a lot for your guide and infos. I'm actually trying to set up a hack with the same board/cpu as yours and I'm having a little hard time. Would you please kindly accept to share your EFI clover folder so I can try it with your config.

Thanks

Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back