Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you know if you're using APFS or not?

Go under About this mac, System Report and look at your drives (SATA or NVME). You'll see something like this:

File System: Journaled HFS+ or APFS.

Hey Macboy123,

I have the exact same setup as you and I am a little noobie around hackintoshs - not macs though ;)
If I just copy your clover folder and config, what else do I have to do as well.
Its a bit hard to understand you inital post if one is not that deep down the rabbit hole yet.
F.E. I am not really sure how to get the audio going etc.

Cheers from Cologne!

Hey Macboy123,

I have the exact same setup as you and I am a little noobie around hackintoshs - not macs though ;)
If I just copy your clover folder and config, what else do I have to do as well.
Its a bit hard to understand you inital post if one is not that deep down the rabbit hole yet.
F.E. I am not really sure how to get the audio going etc.

Cheers from Cologne!

Taking clover folder and config should be fine for your build. Sound has to be activated post installation by running these 2 scripts (one for the ALC1220, one for HDMI/DP over NVIDIA)

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/blob/master/audio_cloverHDMI-130.command.zip (SSDT for that should be already in my clover folder so not really needed)
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-130.sh

thanks for the links. The HDMI one worked perfectly.
But the .sh gives me some problems ?!?!
If I open terminal type in "sudo + "drag n drop the file" it gives me this:
Code:
/audio_cloverALC-130.sh: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
and
Code:
/audio_cloverALC-130.sh: line 7: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

I also tried the chmod +x "file path.sh" and nothing happens. It just jumps to a new line.
What am I doing wrong?

Also did you just install the Nvidia Web Driver and everything was good? or do I have to do anything before or after I hit "WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.102"

Edit @ 12:57: I think I just got the drivers sorted out. I used this guide (sry for outsourcing):
"/properly-install-nvidia-drivers-high-sierra-10-13/"

Also I had sound for a couple of reebots - but now after Installing the web driver sound is gone. Maybe someone help with that? :)
If I run the "audio_cloverALC-130.command" it gives me this:
Code:
/audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command ; exit;
Agreement
The audio_cloverALC script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.
File: audio_cloverALC-130.command_v0.3
Release Mode
Password:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled.

NOK to patch
Add config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x3 and restart
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]
How should I proceed? Change the CsrActiveConfig from 0x67 to 0x3?

Thank you so much so far ;)

Last edited:
@Macboy123...

Thanks for your post. I too have a Z370 build that's working well (including Thunderbolt, which is important for what I need out of the system), but I have a question.

My HWmonitor is not reading any of the stats other than older Hard Drives. Are your stats being read properly? When you run Hwmonitor are you seeing the CPU temps?

@Macboy123...

Thanks for your post. I too have a Z370 build that's working well (including Thunderbolt, which is important for what I need out of the system), but I have a question.

My HWmonitor is not reading any of the stats other than older Hard Drives. Are your stats being read properly? When you run Hwmonitor are you seeing the CPU temps?

You need to install the FakeSMC with HWMonitor Plugins, or take the one from RehabMan (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip). Then you see all the info available, including temps, HDD health etc.

You need to install the FakeSMC with HWMonitor Plugins, or take the one from RehabMan (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip). Then you see all the info available, including temps, HDD health etc.

Thanks for the reply. Thats the one I did use and install, and I'm not getting CPU temps....I'll have to study your config.plist to see if a parameter there that you have (and I don't) is the parameter that makes it work. In the meantime, I'll use the Intel utility.

Hope it's not the motherboard I have.....I don't use Hwmonitor often, but it could help, and I'd like to use it. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply. Thats the one I did use and install, and I'm not getting CPU temps....I'll have to study your config.plist to see if a parameter there that you have (and I don't) is the parameter that makes it work. In the meantime, I'll use the Intel utility.

Hope it's not the motherboard I have.....I don't use Hwmonitor often, but it could help, and I'd like to use it. Thanks again!

Just a follow-up: got it working by using MultiBeast to install it and by making sure that the FakeSMC.kext in L/E matched what I had on another hackintosh.

Hello there,

I'm struggling to get my USB3.1 (The integrated ASMedia) at full speed ie 10GB, it shows only 5Gb/s on the attached USB 3.1 port/ I'm using an USB HDD with 3.1 connector. This same HDD when plugged in my Macbook Pro 2017 shows 10 Gb/s speed.
So do you guys have really 10 Gb speed ( ie USB 3.1Gen 2 speed ) with the Aerus Gaming 7/5/U?
What configuration USBInjectAll.kext and config.plist parameter are you using ?

In the other hand, I have my Nvidia 1080ti working great. Audio is ok when I plug an HDMI monitor, but no sound when I plug my DP monitor ?

I'm using this ssdt attached, located in my ACPI/patched EFI folder.

Is it normal to not have audio thru DP for Pascal GPUs ? Do we need to patch a kext in clover ?

Any help appreciated !

Many thanks

Attachments

• SSDT-NVDA.aml
    2.6 KB · Views: 156
  • USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back