Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Macboy, thanks a lot for your guide and infos. I'm actually trying to set up a hack with the same board/CPU as yours, and I'm having a little hard time. Would you please kindly accept to share your EFI Clover folder so I can try it with your config.

Thanks

Gabriel
Did you ever get yours installed?

M.2 is different. There is lag (or a more appropriate explanation elsewhere) when M.2 NMVE drives are formatted APFS, which is why it is advised to stick
With HFS+(Journaled)
I've tried using the Terminal code to bypass APFS without success. I'm thinking about creating separate spinning disk with macOS and then cloning that to the NVMe drive. Any thoughts about that?

I've tried using the Terminal code to bypass APFS without success. I'm thinking about creating separate spinning disk with macOS and then cloning that to the NVMe drive. Any thoughts about that?
APFS was designed for SSDs. I've been using it w/o any problems. Save yourself some PITA and use the APFS.

Thank you. I asked because the drive was running kind of slow in 10.13.3 and previous Os's, about 1500mb/s read. Haven't check since .13.4 (Security) but decided to run speed test again and got a little over 3k read! Happy camper now. :)

Hi Macboy,
Are all your USB ports working as they are supposed to? I virtually have got the same rig but all my USB3 ports don't boot USB3 devices. Could you please share your EFI so I can check if it works on my machine. Thanks in advance. Ralf

Thanks for your help! Up and running. Dual boot Mac and PC. Nice!
Do your USB3 ports work with USB3 devices? If yes could you please share your Clover folder. Thanks Ralf

I'm trying to put together a new hackintosh, your build is almost exactly what I'm trying. Could you please send me a copy of the config.plist that you used, or the EFI file? Been struggling with this for over 2 weeks now, would greatly appreciate the help.
Thank you.

Hi everyone, I am brand new to the hackintosh world and am having quite a time with installation. I have almost this exact setup (i7-8700, aorus UG WiFi, and no graphics card). However, when I got to boot from my SSD, I get stuck in what is effectively this boot loop. The Apple loading screen pops up, and then it just goes straight back to Clover...repeat. Has anyone had this issue?

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi
CPU: i7-8700K
Graphics: N/A
I'm having the exact same issue with my Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi.
I can get it to boot from UniBeast, but once I configure with MultiBeast. I get the boot loop.
Has anyone had any success with this motherboard?

Hi Macboy,

By coincidence, I have a similar build (processor, mobo and graphics) which is still being refined.
The Thunderbolt card is not working properly in OS X yet and I have little glitches such as USB power to external hard drives when the system is powered off.

I'll try your plist and see if I can gain some wisdom!

Cheerio

James

Last edited:
Hi I have the almost same HW but my cpu is a i7 8700 (no K). I seem to have the same problem. Can anybody help us out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back