Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Macboy123s Coffee Lake i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG, 16GB RAM, 2x SSD, Zotac GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two Z68X-UD3H use the UEFI option in both UniBeast and MultiBeast, so make sure you're running the latest BIOS for your Z68. I would recommend a fresh install vs. trying to redo your existing build because some of the Legacy files won't get replaced.

You can leave your GTX 970 card in as you install as UniBeast uses the nv_disable parameter. Load the appropriate build Nvidia driver after running MultiBeast and before rebooting.

Thanks... Ill let you know how it goes.

What does it mean to run in a FakeCPU mode? Does system running this mode is somehow slower on unstable?

I am looking for a stable setup to do video editing on it and I feel overwhelmed with the amount of all the existing informations on message boards.

I would appreciate your help a lot.

How would you rate this configuration after more than a month of use. Are there any critical problems?

What does it mean to run in a FakeCPU mode? Does system running this mode is somehow slower on unstable?

I am looking for a stable setup to do video editing on it and I feel overwhelmed with the amount of all the existing informations on message boards.

I would appreciate your help a lot.

How would you rate this configuration after more than a month of use. Are there any critical problems?

As Coffee Lake is pretty much same arch and specs as KabyLake, you don't need to fake CPU ID. I just faked it because Intel HD 630 internal GPU didn't work without it, because some newer IDs are missing in corresponding kexts.
The CPU is recognized, native power management works, and benchmark results don't depend on this ID.
When first Macs will show up with Coffee Lake CPUs, there will be full support in macOS as well, and the missing IDs will be implemented.

Do you have any problems when using this hardware configurations?
When I use an external Amd RX580 graphics card, then HD630 fakeid is needed?

My two Z68X-UD3H use the UEFI option in both UniBeast and MultiBeast, so make sure you're running the latest BIOS for your Z68. I would recommend a fresh install vs. trying to redo your existing build because some of the Legacy files won't get replaced.

You can leave your GTX 970 card in as you install as UniBeast uses the nv_disable parameter. Load the appropriate build Nvidia driver after running MultiBeast and before rebooting.
Thanks for your help! Up and running. Dual boot Mac and PC. Nice!

Time to upgrade my Z87 hack and move on to Z370. I'm ordering now. Hopefully I won't be posting questions but I'm sure I will :(. The pain is all worth it in the end though :headbang:

Thanks for the post!

My build is essentially the same (in profile). But I'm having trouble of getting the display to work with CSM disabled (works fine with it enabled but I do want to get it to work so I could use my main monitor for boot display). Clover loads fine but the system would boot into a black screen. It displays when nVidia Web Driver disabled but then I don't get GPU acceleration.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back