Contribute
Register

SUCCESS - MAC OS SIERRA - I7 4790K AND ASUS Z97-A MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but does everything work, like audio and video?

Yes, but does everything work, like audio and video?
yes it works flawless
method is first install el capi
you can download from app store.
after successful install and everything working change system definition that is now supported with serria
after that simply use clover method it will work.
for audio toledos method

All USB 3.0 ports working fine? I have an Asus Z97-A USB 3.1. Couldnt get USB (even the regular 3.0 ports) to work fine on El Capitain, so I stayed on Yosemite... :/

All USB 3.0 ports working fine? I have an Asus Z97-A USB 3.1. Couldnt get USB (even the regular 3.0 ports) to work fine on El Capitain, so I stayed on Yosemite... :/

I have a similar built with an i7-4770k, and everything seems to be working so far with 10.12.1. Only been a couple of days of use but am getting freezes after using photoshop for awhile.

all usb 3.0 are working fine.
as i earlier mention give a try starting from fresh El Capitan Installation and update to Serria via clover.

It will work

Cheers

I have a similar built with an i7-4770k, and everything seems to be working so far with 10.12.1. Only been a couple of days of use but am getting freezes after using photoshop for awhile.
are you using SSD for OS??
because is used a 120gb ssd and it works great.
asus xonar ds card is not supported but onboard sound is working
sometime a face some problem like.

below shortcuts dnt show up but after reboot it works fine.

still flawless mac os experience.

Cheers to all

are you using SSD for OS??
because is used a 120gb ssd and it works great.
asus xonar ds card is not supported but onboard sound is working
sometime a face some problem like.

below shortcuts dnt show up but after reboot it works fine.

still flawless mac os experience.

Cheers to all
Yes I'm using an ssd. Apparently there is something wrong with my buildafter swapping motherboards. I originally had an msi z87 pc mate which was working fine with windows 10 before i upgraded to the asus. Now I'm getting freezes in windows. Still figuring it out.....

Yes I'm using an ssd. Apparently there is something wrong with my buildafter swapping motherboards. I originally had an msi z87 pc mate which was working fine with windows 10 before i upgraded to the asus. Now I'm getting freezes in windows. Still figuring it out.....
do one thing give a fresh install on other ssd n check the result
if it still freeze random
change motherboard.
i am on z97-a all works fine
as earlier mentioned sometime in mac bottom shortcuts dosnt appear
but its automatically get fixed when i restart.

do one thing give a fresh install on other ssd n check the result
if it still freeze random
change motherboard.
i am on z97-a all works fine
as earlier mentioned sometime in mac bottom shortcuts dosnt appear
but its automatically get fixed when i restart.
Still testing on my win10 dual boot, as I'm more familiar with windows. Uninstalled latest nvidia driver, using default win10 driver and so far it has not froze. As for Sierra, I was able to use it for 5 hours before it froze while using photoshop (I'm thinking video driver as well). Maybe I'll try using nvidia driver for mac instead of the mac driver. This is actually my second install of Sierra but on the same ssd, with same freezing problem.
Update: No more freeze after using Nvidia web driver for my 650ti.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back