Contribute
Register

[Success] LS Gigabyte Z370n WiFi mini-ITX Coffee Lake 8700K i7 with GTX 1060

Status
Not open for further replies.
If using NVIDIA graphics, make sure to have nvdisable=1 in your attributes

Did you mean, if you don't use NVIDIA ? I thought nv_disable flag disables Nvidia graphics ?

Downloaded the kexts AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AppleIGB.kext from https://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/ and added to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.
Now Ethernet works fine, both.
Also Audio is working fine.
Jep, same here :)

But I still have two issues with USB:
1. USB type C is not working
2. When I plug in a USB drive, then it isn't recognised immediately. I first have to pull it a little bit. Then it works. This is strange, because I don't have to pull for example my Clover Boot Stick at boot. It's recognised in boot options without any problem. But same stick won't work , when plugin in in OS X. First pull a little bit, then its working.
I have no issues with USB whatsoever. It may be an idea to use the port limit settings/patches and see if that helps
I don't have any usb-c devices here, so can't tell you whether or not I have them working. I have posted my EFI earlier (if it still exists), so you can check out the Clover settings there if that helps.

@LongShot

Hi Tim,
Looking at getting the same Gigabyte Z370N system - Everything working ok? Wifi also working fine? iMessage etc? Saw your comments on Hackintosher too so thought I'd check with you here :)

I'll be using the Intel 8700k i7 CPU and thinking of using the AMD RX 560 GPU 2GB (Cheapy).

EDIT: solved by following religiously this guide: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

Hello fellow Z370n owners :)

I'm not getting audio on my build... Not sure what I'm missing as I've followed the guidances from the OP...

This is my current kext zoo...
View media item 190008
I presume one can assume audio is working when audio output actually shows up here:
View media item 190009
Also attached my config.plist for giggles.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Hi LongShot,

I managed it :)
Downloaded the kexts AppleIntelE1000e.kext and AppleIGB.kext from https://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/ and added to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

2. When I plug in a USB drive, then it isn't recognised immediately. I first have to pull it a little bit. Then it works. This is strange, because I don't have to pull for example my Clover Boot Stick at boot. It's recognised in boot options without any problem. But same stick won't work , when plugin in in OS X. First pull a little bit, then its working.

Any idea why ? I had same Problem on another board, so it must be something different then a board issue, right ?

@Galileo6373637 did you manage to fix the USB issue (having to pull the device from the plug a little to get it to work)? I'm seeing the same issue...

Hi LongShot,

I managed it :)

Any idea why ? I had same Problem on another board, so it must be something different then a board issue, right ?

Hi, your issue with the usb drive is very weird indeed, it hasnt happened to me yet.
Do you know whats the difference between downloading these kext files for ethernet and the ones provided by multibeast?

Hi guys
I am also a z370n WiFi + i7-8700k + 16gx1 + NVMe-250G owner..
New to hackintosh but Linux expert....

At the moment I can get HS to boot with various driver issues so watching this thread closely

I want to install Debian on the same HDD and have clover boot to it default... so I can use the system as my daily driver

Any pointers ?

Ghat

[UPDATE]

Hi followers of this thread. I have a small update to share. Today I've managed to re-install OSX 10.13.3 (17D47) on my current config. It went to hell upon installation of the 10.13.3 update when I installed the NVIDIA driver after the system update was complete. Had a moment of doubt whether to redo my Hackintosh, but decided to give it another go.

I've managed to achieve a couple of things in this setup:
- Get full USB support (also for my SuperDrive that was not working on the previous setup)
- Boot with very little bootflags (love this, because makes chances of failure smaller)
- Very little edits to original config.plist
- initial setup with Unibeast and Multibeast, then some minor manual edits

BIOS settings:
  1. Save & ExitLoad Optimized Defaults
  2. M.I.T. → Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) : Profile1
  3. BIOS → Fast Boot : Disabled
  4. BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled
  5. BIOS → Storage Boot Option Control : UEFI
  6. Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disable
  7. Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
  8. Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto
  9. Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
  10. Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled
  11. Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
  12. Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled
Based on the GPU you’re using change the following settings:

Dedicated graphics card:
  1. Peripherals → Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
  2. Chipset → Integrated Graphics : Disabled
Intel iGPU:
  1. Peripherals → Initial Display Output : IGFX
  2. Chipset → Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  3. Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated :128M (if this setting isn’t showing then: 1. Set Integrated Graphics: Enabled. 2. Save and Exit BIOS by pressing F10. 3. Reenter BIOS upon computer restart and it should be there.

Sources to tools/manuals/guides I've used to make it work post install:
http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-ga-z370n-wifi-i7-8700k-vega-64.242014/

I've attached a copy of my current config, and two screenshots of C/K/O and L/E directories below.
*Please make sure to update your serial number.

~LS

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2018-02-21 om 20.26.57.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-02-21 om 20.26.57.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Schermafbeelding 2018-02-21 om 20.27.30.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-02-21 om 20.27.30.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited by a moderator:
Status