Contribute
Register

[Success] lostczech's Kaby Lake ATX: GA-Z170XP-SLI - i7-7700K - GTX 970 - Sierra - 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, I got back to desktop, I changed the intel to false, GPU still don't work. When I install the EmuVariableUefi file, after the restart, the computer won't boot, I have to take that file out from the EFI folder for it to boot. Does it happen to you?

I finally got it to work, I got the gpu and wifi working for now. I had to use 14.2 instead of 17.1. In 17.1, it won't boot. I also had a problem logging in Mac App Store, it said "An unexpected error occurred while signing in, Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance" . Do you have this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_6353.JPG
    IMG_6353.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
Never mind, I got the app store iron out. If I knew the eternet port is not compatible I will buy a cheaper MB like the Z170n wifi instead. Looks like audio had no problem.

I found some kext that will fix my keller 2400 eternet, I need to put some file in system/library/extension, but the problem is, I can't see my system folder on the new pc. my mac mini on the other have that folder. I don't think that folder is hidden. Is it true that hackintosh don't have system folder ?

sorry, it is hidden. by the way, is upgrading to 10.12.4 easy, do I just need to deal with the gpu driver again?

I haven't tried yet. I think you might be able to simply install the latest GPU driver now, then do an update. Not sure if the new update overwrites drivers, so might be a good idea to check the overall 10.12.4 thread.

I do plan on updating soon. I'll report back when I do.

Eh, I just went ahead and updated.. I thought I had the latest drivers, but I didn't. So after updating I lost graphics, but Nvidia immediately asked to check for an update, it updated, restarted, all fine!

Hi all,
I just try to install a new build:
- GA Z170Xp SLI
- I7 7700k
- GTX 980Ti

I followed the steps and have everything running with fakecpuid and so on. The only thing I cannot get to work is the web driver. It always switches back to default driver.
Does anyone know what to do? I guess it has to do with the NVRAM but when I install EmuVariableUefi-64 I get a black screen with no signal after the apple logo.

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back