Contribute
Register

[Success] lostczech's Kaby Lake ATX: GA-Z170XP-SLI - i7-7700K - GTX 970 - Sierra - 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I got it working. I had to install emuvariableuefi-64 and rc-scripts with clover and uncheck some things in clover config and had to downgrade one bios version, the latest did not let web drivers work. works like a charm now. I try to do a tutorial these days. fakesmc plugins make it crash though. I will try newer one then the one included in multibeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 23.46.23.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 23.46.23.png
    377 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
That would be very helpful, thanks! It's possible I missed that step in my write-up of my build. Also, thanks again, as you remind me about the fakesmc plugins. It would crash for me as well. I will update my main post later tonight

If you are willing to risk your running system, these plugins should work for Kaby lake, at least it says so.
the latest on:RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0414.zip

download link:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

I won't have time the next days. But soon I will have to cause I wanna over clock the machine and that would be risky without seeing temperatures. If only CPU sensor would work would be fine for me. If you try, try one at a time I would say.

I wonder if it's possible to clone my running system to a m.2 SDD on the internal m.2 header. I guess I would have to put the m.2 driver and reinstall clover? Anyone knows or has done this before?

I wonder if it's possible to clone my running system to a m.2 SDD on the internal m.2 header. I guess I would have to put the m.2 driver and reinstall clover? Anyone knows or has done this before?
Yes, that's correct. Start out with the system on a SATA drive. Install the M.2 NVMe SSD physically onto your motherboard. Boot into the SATA drive installation and follow RehhabMan's [Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof. Use Carbon Copy Cloner (or SuperDuper) to clone the system to the M.2 NVMe drive. Next, mount both drive's EFI partitions, and copy the SSD's /EFI/EFI/ folder to the M.2 NVMe /EFI/ folder. Finally, change the start up drive in the BIOS to the M.2 NVMe drive (UEFI). That's how I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back