Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Lion working 100% with CustoMac Mini 2011 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some problem on my GA-H67N-USB3 with i7 2700K

1. Dual screen not working after ML fresh install with on board HDMI
2. P-state Stepper error, see attached picture.

Anyone can helps?

Attachments

• IMG-20120812-00750.jpg
    IMG-20120812-00750.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 149
Did you have any screen resolution issues? I have the same build and did a clean install but every time I boot the screen is zoomed into one corner of my desktop. Unplugging or plugging in one of the two monitors fixes it, otherwise I have to go into display settings. It looks like other people are having this same issue but can't figure out why.

Same problem as me, this can be solve by adding "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" in your org.chameleon.Boot.list

In my mac mini i have the problem of internal Disk showing as External. Dont remember this problem on Lion.
Anyway just install the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext from multi beast inside divers->Kexts->disks to solve this.
Another problem i found is the slowing boot, lion was 3x or more faster then Mion. Not sure what causing this delay, need to watch verbose mode.

I have the same mini setup and have tried everything including the DSDT edit to get rid of the orange icons to no avail. The DSDT edit did turn the boot drive to silver but the other internal drives are still orange. I also have the slow boot problem as long as I have the ahci sata kexts installed.

I did finally get my DVD drive working with DVD Player by patching the ahci 3rd party sata kext.

Any ideas on this orange icon problem?

Hey I just finished my build, and I am having troubles installing ML. I was able to install, although I had to boot the USB with "-x". After the install the only way I can boot is with "PCIRootUID=0" and when I do that, graphics acceleration is non-existent. Anybody have any fixes or suggestions?

My build:
Core i3 2105
GA-H61N-USB3
HD3000
8GB RAM (2x4gb)

Did you change your BIOS settings?
Because I have the same motherboard and processor and I didn't have any problem with it...
Also, did you update your BIOS to the latest one? (F8)

I am using the latest BIOS (F8) and I am using the AHCI and the 384+2 MB for the integrate memory (I have 2 4gb sticks of ram). I also have the F8 DSDT for my motherboard installed with the settings in MB that are in the original post

EDIT: I think it might be my monitor. I am using an AOC 19" monitor using VGA (no other hookup options)

I am using the latest BIOS (F8) and I am using the AHCI and the 384+2 MB for the integrate memory (I have 2 4gb sticks of ram). I also have the F8 DSDT for my motherboard installed with the settings in MB that are in the original post

EDIT: I think it might be my monitor. I am using an AOC 19" monitor using VGA (no other hookup options)

Hi! I'm using the same board, HD 3000 and VGA port. Is it your first build? Apple computers don't have VGA ports so we have to do some magic tricks haha. What I did was boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and then patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to add VGA support.

In my first Lion build, VGA was my biggest headache!

Hi! I'm using the same board, HD 3000 and VGA port. Is it your first build? Apple computers don't have VGA ports so we have to do some magic tricks haha. What I did was boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and then patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to add VGA support.

In my first Lion build, VGA was my biggest headache!

This is definitely my first build, but I have install mac before (Asus 1005ha) and VGA was a headache with that one too. so GE=no and how do I patch the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?

Thanks for the reply!

Well thanks for that, I will try that later this evening when I fire my computer up. got my 550ti today, waiting for somebody to find a fix for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back