Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]Lion 10.7:i3 2100/ZOTAC H67ITX-C-E/Sparkle GT430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tetsu,

Nice build ! :thumbup:

I was thinking of buying this mobo also, but I need the onboard wifi for my project.

Have you had any luck with getting this to work ?

Phil

Can you describe the steps you took to get the GT430 to work fully? I have 10.7 running, but the only resolution shown is 1024x768 with GraphicsEnabler=No. I tried booting with the 64bit Apple Boot Screen GraphicsEnabler=No, but that hangs on the Apple logo screen with the spinning wheel.

Now for some reason I can't figure out how to get back into my system:
-booting ignore caches still hangs as does booting ignore caches with GraphicsEnabler=No

Stuck on Apple Logo screen with spinning wheel thingy, and not full resolution, any ideas?

Hi Tetsu,

I have a similar case, Aopen xc cube ez 965 fully working with Lion 10.7.2 but I want to upgrade the motherboard+CPU+Memory. Did you have any problem to fit the mini-itx with the original motherboard mounting holes ?.

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking of going with this motherboard because it supports displayport with HD3000. The case I am using the Lian Li PC-Q11A does not have great ventilation so I am not sure I want to put a discrete card there.

I am also curious about the Wifi. Are you able to get it to work?

The specs saw that there is a mini-PCIe connector onboard where the WIfi is connected.

THe AzureWave AW-NE766, supporting IEEE 802.11b/g/n seems to be the card
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ ... ard/1285/2

This card seems to have the RT2700E (Realtek) which is supposed to have the RALink 2860 chipset. The eepc version has the RA2790T chipset...

Ralink drivers (kexts?) for Macs (2860/2790 have the same driver)
http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support ... php?sn=502
For 2870 it is showing support for up to 10.5 but not beyond

I have found mentions of the RALink in many Mac forums so that should help. BTW I am a first timer trying to understand things so take any hints with a pinch of salt.

maybe you are using a USB3.0 port to plug your mouse. Try a black one (USB2.0) and should be fine.

What about USB3.0 Ports ? any Success on Lion ? Which kexts ? Can't get them to work !

i'm interested.can you specify what works and what not?

wifi?
onboard video
audio
usb3

Does HDMI video and audio work on this board or does HDMI video and audio work on an ATI or Nvidia card? I currently have this board in my HTPC running Windows 7 but I'd like to switch it over.

tstrayer said:
Can you describe the steps you took to get the GT430 to work fully? I have 10.7 running, but the only resolution shown is 1024x768 with GraphicsEnabler=No. I tried booting with the 64bit Apple Boot Screen GraphicsEnabler=No, but that hangs on the Apple logo screen with the spinning wheel.

Now for some reason I can't figure out how to get back into my system:
-booting ignore caches still hangs as does booting ignore caches with GraphicsEnabler=No

Stuck on Apple Logo screen with spinning wheel thingy, and not full resolution, any ideas?

Install these : natix.kext, tony nvida update, cuda driver 4.0.50 or newer, GeForceGLDriver.bundle, remove apple gnu power management for gt430 work with full open GL.

My full com.apple.Boot.plist ( 1 x 2tb hdd with osx lion, windown 7, media partion ; 1x 2tb with another media partion), i boot from usb boot stick:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Default Partition</key>
	<string>hd(1,2)</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>rd(1,2)/mach_kernel</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>rd(1,2)/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

susono said:
Hi Tetsu,

I have a similar case, Aopen xc cube ez 965 fully working with Lion 10.7.2 but I want to upgrade the motherboard+CPU+Memory. Did you have any problem to fit the mini-itx with the original motherboard mounting holes ?.

Thanks in advance.

not problem with original mouting holes on the board , but there is problem with back panel, I must cut the steel at the back of case for gt 430 card and onboard audio port fit, look at these picture:

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back