CPU
i7-4600M
Graphics
HD 4600 + GT 730M (1600x900)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I think this is the right place to post this...

Just upgraded to Mojave with only a few minor hiccups, seemingly now resolved, on a Lenovo T440P. Here's what I've done so far.
  • Followed Sniki's guide, here, to get High Sierra up and running.
  • Followed tonymacx86's guide, here, to get the Mojave installer.
  • Ran the installer from the desktop. Lots of rebooting. Here's where I hit the first road bump. Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but make sure you have FakeSMC.kext and the other barebones stuff in your EFI partition before rebooting (or reboot with your High Sierra USB).
  • All good, booted to the new dynamic desktop (ooh!). Ran a handful of Apple software updates, including another OS install. More rebooting.
  • Done with updates, now re-installed all the kexts from the original guide, rebuilt kext cache, and rebooted. Hotkeys not working. Re-ran the ACPI hot patch, rebooted again. Hotkeys working. Second problem now: audio was not working. Solved very quickly and simply by installing acidanthera's AppleALC, here.
That's it! Everything seems to be working. Some final notes:
  • The SSD partition I'm using converted to APFS, no problems so far and no difference in boot time. Still roughly on par with Windows 10 on the same system.
  • Using a generic USB WiFi stick with the driver and app from here, works fine (except for Find My Mac and some other network features). It can be finicky with sleep, though, and seems to add a few seconds to the boot time.
  • I had to reinstall IASL to re-compile the patch, so I assume updating wipes /usr/bin?

Last edited:
  • I had to reinstall IASL to re-compile the patch, so I assume updating wipes /usr/bin?

Good reason to put it in /usr/local/bin.

• Using a generic USB WiFi stick with the driver and app from here, works fine (except for Find My Mac and some other network features). It can be finicky with sleep, though, and seems to add a few seconds to the boot time.
Do you just use the 'Mac 10.8~10.13' driver?

In what way do you mean 'finicky with sleep'?

Do you just use the 'Mac 10.8~10.13' driver?

In what way do you mean 'finicky with sleep'?

Yes. Doesn't seem any different. Very occasionally (1/5 times, say) the stick won't power on when waking from sleep. Pulling it out and putting it back in fixes it. This also happened in High Sierra, and since it's such a minor thing I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it.

Also, for the record, I accidentally wiped the drive in diskpart so I'm back to High Sierra for the time being.

success too,thanks. ALC waste some time because i did't upgrade the lilu.kext.

Hi
Do you think this guide will work for a T540P?

I think this is the right place to post this...

Just upgraded to Mojave with only a few minor hiccups, seemingly now resolved, on a Lenovo T440P. Here's what I've done so far.
  • Followed Sniki's guide, here, to get High Sierra up and running.
  • Followed tonymacx86's guide, here, to get the Mojave installer.
  • Ran the installer from the desktop. Lots of rebooting. Here's where I hit the first road bump. Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but make sure you have FakeSMC.kext and the other barebones stuff in your EFI partition before rebooting (or reboot with your High Sierra USB).
  • All good, booted to the new dynamic desktop (ooh!). Ran a handful of Apple software updates, including another OS install. More rebooting.
  • Done with updates, now re-installed all the kexts from the original guide, rebuilt kext cache, and rebooted. Hotkeys not working. Re-ran the ACPI hot patch, rebooted again. Hotkeys working. Second problem now: audio was not working. Solved very quickly and simply by installing acidanthera's AppleALC, here.
That's it! Everything seems to be working. Some final notes:
  • The SSD partition I'm using converted to APFS, no problems so far and no difference in boot time. Still roughly on par with Windows 10 on the same system.
I need your help update to mojave and all good, the only thing that I can not fix glitches gfx hd4600 the screen flashes

Attachments

• IMG_20181024_120828.jpg
    IMG_20181024_120828.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20181024_120901.jpg
    IMG_20181024_120901.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 269
success install high Sierra on Thinkpad x240.. then not responding run Mojave image..
redownloading Mojave image not fix it.. whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back