Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo M93p, M73p "Tiny" mini PC i5 4570t, i7 4765t Yosemite-Catalina

I did a quick search and came up with 77 watts.

I just picked up a Thinkcentre M83 SFF, i5 - 4570, 10GB DDR3 1600 & Radeon 5450 for $140 CDN. It has a 128GB Samsung SSD & 500GB data drive. I got it for my daughter but I think I am going to try a Hackintosh install first. I am not sure how compatible the Radeon 5450 is but I believe it has the integrated 4600 graphics.

Do you think I will be able to use the files from your tutorial for this?

most likely if it is a Haswell system. Check in when you test it.
Remove the SSDT from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder.

most likely if it is a Haswell system. Check in when you test it.
Remove the SSDT from Clover/ACPI/Patched folder.

Perfect Thank you. I believe this processor is a Haswell

I would need to create a new SSDT when I am done I assume?

I am not able to view the message you sent as I haven't made enough posts

In the Haswell based Dells I've used for hacks, I've always found it best to flash up to at least the 2017 BIOS version for the best results. Sometimes older versions work but in general it's a good idea to update.

'Update: I updated the bios to the 2020 version, it cost me 4hrs ofmy life I'll never get back. It kernel panics another is no way to get it to boot. I had to download the 2026 version and use Rufus, but that wasn't enough. I had to download the 2020 version and swap out 3 files to the 2016 Rufus USB to get it to get past the child error in the b duos screen. It was so close. Aftyewr I did that it finished the downgrade and woohoo it boots again. I felt like Al Gore inventing the internet using DOS commands.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 10.03.39 PM.png

I had to replace the AFUDOS.EXE, AMIDEDO.exe, and flash2.exe. I will hang onto this USB and store the files as well.

I had to replace the AFUDOS.EXE, AMIDEDO.exe, and flash2.exe. I will hang onto this USB and store the files as well.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the UEFI of these tiny Lenovo PCs are completely different than the Dell and HP USFF models. Newer BIOS/UEFI versions have always improved how well they work as a hackintosh. Older versions were much less optimal than the newer ones.

The good thing to come out of this is that you saved readers of your guide from going through this with their own systems. Not many readers/followers have the experience or knowledge of how to downgrade the BIOS. Make a bold note in the beginning of the guide that they'll see there. I do apologize for all the grief it caused. You made a personal sacrifice for the sake of research and the community.

If any owners of this Lenovo do brick their mobo for any reason, replacements don't cost a lot. Easy to swap out the old one too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thi...483092?hash=item1ce135ca54:g:CuMAAOSwSKBeFONX

Last edited:
On the Lenovo BIOS download page it looks like they don't do the BIOS fine tuning the way Dell does. For example, the 7020 and 9020 Optiplex are both Haswell based yet they each have their own BIOS download on a separate page. Lenovo lumps them all together and uses the same one for everything. 7 different systems with different chipsets all use the same BIOS ??? They're still giving directions for diskettes (floppy disks) ?? Has anyone updated this readme in the last 30 years ??

"Do not write protect the flash diskette as this may cause the flash process to hang."
Flash BIOS update - Flash from Operating System version
for ThinkCentre E93, M73p, M83, M93, M93p, ThinkStation E32, ThinkStation P300
Version FBKTDBA
Installation README

This package updates the basic input/output system (BIOS) on
all ThinkCentre E93, M73p, M83, M93, M93p, ThinkStation E32, ThinkStation P300 systems

BIOS is programming that controls low-level hardware operations,
including interactions with diskette drives, hard disk drives,
and the keyboard. The BIOS is stored on a chip. Your computer
uses flash BIOS, which can be updated through a program on a
flash diskette so that you do not have to replace the BIOS
chip to update the BIOS.

Do not write protect the flash diskette as this may cause the
flash process to hang.

It looks like they don't invest the kind of money that Dell does to make things work better with each BIOS update.

Last edited:
I just picked up a Thinkcentre M83 SFF, i5 - 4570, 10GB DDR3 1600 & Radeon 5450
Use the CPU's HD4600 graphics and remove the 5450. It certainly won't have support in Catalina. HD4600 is fully supported.

On the Lenovo BIOS download page it looks like they don't do the BIOS fine tuning the way Dell does. For example, the 7020 and 9020 Optiplex are both Haswell based yet they each have their own BIOS download on a separate page. Lenovo lumps them all together and uses the same one for everything. 7 different systems with different chipsets all use the same BIOS ??? They're still giving directions for diskettes (floppy disks) ?? Has anyone updated this readme in the last 30 years ??

"Do not write protect the flash diskette as this may cause the flash process to hang."

It looks like they don't invest the kind of money that Dell does to make things work better with each BIOS update.
Well, maybe they did fine tune it, they have boot block!!. When I upgraded I saw that and my jaw dropped. Windows was fine but OSX was not wanting it.

I’m going to repeat the process again just to make sure it’s non compatible, now that I have a life raft, and as you said the boards are inexpensive.

No problem on the bios upgrade recommendation like I said I usually do it for most systems. And I got this barebones for about $43 so it was not a big deal if it did brick. I still had a case, lol. Windows worked fine I was just going to resell it as a working unit with one of my many unused windows10 Pro HDDs I get when I buy the HP ProBooks. Who knows “updated bios” could have been a beneficial selling point?

In the middle of the self imposed suffering I ordered yet another one Just in case. I may test out non stock CPU(s) on one. Anyways, further testing is needed and I will redo the update to confirm its bad. I did the update on their website as an auto detect and replace so maybe a 1 got changed to a 0 or something but I’ll confirm again. I may do it manually with a download and USB.

Last edited:
Use the CPU's HD4600 graphics and remove the 5450. It certainly won't have support in Catalina. HD4600 is fully supported.
It’s already out lol

thank you, today’s project is to disassemble, clean & re apply thermal paste to the CPU

maybe they did fine tune it, they have boot block!!.
Would be interesting to see if you could boot Linux or not using that newest BIOS. Maybe they've done this for security reasons. Kind of like the ultimate Secure Boot setting. Nothing else but Win10 can be booted.

Back