Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo M93p, M73p "Tiny" mini PC i5 4570t, i7 4765t Yosemite-Catalina

The Azurewave BCM94352HMB works. You may need to get internal antennas as well if it doesn’t have them.
Get the RPMA pigtail to be attached on the back of the casing (taking out the detachable plate, and need some file as the shape of Lenovo's RPMA is a bit different with the common one) and install one dual band antenna there. While (if you are using the 94352HMB), the 2nd antenna you can put at front (look at the instruction manual from M93p), using standard laptop flat antenna.
I even using 94360HMB, which needs 3 antenna, and I can put 2 flat antenna in front of the hardisk mounting.
All works. BT and WiFi works. Kext still required, i.e. Airport to achieve full WiFi function (OOB detected but some lag), while BT needs BrcmPatchRAM to work as the BT chip in my 94360HMB is not natively recognized.

In my case, everything works, WiFi+BT including AirDrop.

Hi
I followed everything in your first post. I formatted my SSD in APFS and then start to install Catalina. About 60% of the way I get this error "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running the application again". I checked the time and date, I swapped my SSD with a HDD, I created a clean bootable usb. I still get this error.

Any help?

Hi
I followed everything in your first post. I formatted my SSD in APFS and then start to install Catalina. About 60% of the way I get this error "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running the application again". I checked the time and date, I swapped my SSD with a HDD, I created a clean bootable usb. I still get this error.

Any help?
Have you tried rebooting and continuing on? Does it do it again?

You could erase with MS DOS Fat and then MacOS Journaled and try again.

Have you tried rebooting and continuing on? Does it do it again?

You could erase with MS DOS Fat and then MacOS Journaled and try again.
I did a reboot. The SSD shows up in Clover. I chose that and starts installing. About 80% of the way I get this error "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk: (-69793) Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I just tried installing Mojave and that installed perfectly

Hi Ibnsina!
I just ordered my m93p with the i5 4570T and am about to install osx as soon as it arives. Comes with 500gb hdd and 2 dp ports and without wifi. Any recommendations regarding installing Mojave?
I decided to skip Catalina since I have tested it only briefly on my other Hack without success. Mojave otoh installed just fine.

Thanx in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Gigamaxx, thanks for all the work. I just bought the same M93P but with the Intel 4590T (Quadcore) on board. Can i use your Cloover EFI with this prozessor?
I might be getting one with 4590T, did u get everything working? Can i have your EFI files?

Hi Ibnsina!
I just ordered my m93p with the i5 4570T and am about to install osx as soon as it arives. Comes with 500gb hdd and 2 dp ports and without wifi. Any recommendations regarding installing Mojave?
I decided to skip Catalina since I have tested it only briefly on my other Hack without success. Mojave otoh installed just fine.

Thanx in advance!
Installing Mojave will take a while. I mean it really takes a while to install. At one point it will look like the install bar is not moving at all. But trust me, do not do any anything just leave it alone lol. I have attached my EFI file if u need it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 94
Thanx so much!
I will get the Lenovo on friday but might not have the time to try the install for another two weeks. So it might be some time before I can report back.

Thanx again!

Installing Mojave will take a while. I mean it really takes a while to install. At one point it will look like the install bar is not moving at all. But trust me, do not do any anything just leave it alone lol. I have attached my EFI file if u need it.

Do you by chance have the configuration file for Multibeast that I can use to try if anything goes wrong with the EFI folder of yours?

Any tips besides the correct BIOS settings?

Do you by chance have the configuration file for Multibeast that I can use to try if anything goes wrong with the EFI folder of yours?

Any tips besides the correct BIOS settings?
I did not use multibeast. I did a vanilla install. Then just put the EFI folder from the previous post and everything worked flawlessly. If you need help installing a vanilla version please let me know.

Back