Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo M93p, M73p "Tiny" mini PC i5 4570t, i7 4765t Yosemite-Catalina

I have successfully installed catalina on my m93p Tiny by following the guide from 1st post, but the resolution I got from LGTV is only FHD. is there any workaround on that? because when using windows, I can go with 2K resolution.
I'm using DP v1.2 to HDMI adapter
Try setting bios DVMT (IGPU) ram above 64MB?

yes already 512MB. using switchresx put my screen to 2K, but I think it's just scaled resolution, not natively. because my TV still detected as FHD input

Hello @Gigamaxx

Great guide here.

I already have M93p with 4570T and successfully install Mojave in it using your guide.

Now about the WiFi card. Does it has to be specific BCM94352HMB card with Lenovo FRU, or any BCM94352HMB will do? I see in your photo, seems like you are using non-Lenovo FRU, CMIIW? Do you have issue with the whitelist?

I have tried the whitelist removal process on this board to use non-whitelisted card, but not able to dump the BIOS after many attempt using different programmer and software. Thus I want to use the BCM94352HMB. But, does it has to be the Lenovo FRU version to avoid whitelist issue?

Thanks for advise.

Last edited:
Hello @Gigamaxx

Great guide here.

I already have M93p with 4570T and successfully install Mojave in it using your guide.

Now about the WiFi card. Does it has to be specific BCM94352HMB card with Lenovo FRU, or any BCM94352HMB will do? I see in your photo, seems like you are using non-Lenovo FRU, CMIIW? Do you have issue with the whitelist?

I have tried the whitelist removal process on this board to use non-whitelisted card, but not able to dump the BIOS after many attempt using different programmer and software. Thus I want to use the BCM94352HMB. But, does it has to be the Lenovo FRU version to avoid whitelist issue?

Thanks for advise.
I have used an Asus model as well. I normally purchase the Azurwave BCM chip. I don’t believe it needs to be Lenovo branded.

There is a link to a bios version you could try to edit the whitelist with. Go back to the Third post for that.

I have used an Asus model as well. I normally purchase the Azurwave BCM chip. I don’t believe it needs to be Lenovo branded.

There is a link to a bios version you could try to edit the whitelist with. Go back to the Third post for that.

Thank you for the swift response.
Both using Asus and Azurewave card, works with this M93p?
I will look further on the 3rd post and tried it on my machine.

Thanks again.

Hi
Will BCM943228HMB work for bluetooth and wifi?

Hi
Will BCM943228HMB work for bluetooth and wifi?
You would have to successfully add it to the bios whitelist. The whitelist only includes the BCM94352HMB and 1 Intel that it usually comes with. It’s lucky that it has the HMB listed.
Only 2 cards will work with the standard bios.

You would have to successfully add it to the bios whitelist. The whitelist only includes the BCM94352HMB and 1 Intel that it usually comes with. It’s lucky that it has the HMB listed.
Only 2 cards will work with the standard bios.
Thanks for the reply. My unit didn't come with any wifi antenna. Any idea what I exactly need to make it work?

Thanks for the reply. My unit didn't come with any wifi antenna. Any idea what I exactly need to make it work?
The Azurewave BCM94352HMB works. You may need to get internal antennas as well if it doesn’t have them.

Just to close the loop.
I managed to have a look at the BIOS, and remove whitelist not by removing the loop but putting the non-whitelisted card into the whitelist, i.e. replacing the VID & PID inside the BIOS.
By this, it works, no modification on Lenovo FRU whatsoever, therefore I logically conclude that even for the 94352HMB, no need for Lenovo FRU.

Back