Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo M93p, M73p "Tiny" mini PC i5 4570t, i7 4765t Yosemite-Catalina

Hi,

I also installed Mojave on another lenovo with i5-4570T; but this has the BIOS updated to 12/24/2019 is it possible to downgrade? because I can't find the previous bios; although it seems that everything works, except the WiFi cards, it recognizes Bluetooth but not WiFi.

How can I fix the problem?

The card is P/N: 04w3777.

Thank you.

Hi,

I also installed Mojave on another lenovo with i5-4570T; but this has the BIOS updated to 12/24/2019 is it possible to downgrade? because I can't find the previous bios; although it seems that everything works, except the WiFi cards, it recognizes Bluetooth but not WiFi.

How can I fix the problem?

The card is P/N: 04w3777.

Thank you.

you may need a new WiFi card. If it’s intel it’s not supported. Azurewave Bcm 94352hmb is on the list of supported WiFi cards for this PC. They cost around $20 US.

For the bios downgrade you have to check the bios to see if it’s an option.
I have a link to the 2016 bios but I’m able to run everything ok with the 2019 bios as well. If it’s working just leave it alone.

the bios on these PCs have a whitelist and only two WiFi cards are supported. The Intel 7260? And the BCM94352HMB which is lucky for us. The BCM94352HMB is supported in MacOS with the Kexts provided and it also works natively in windows.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I have used this exact EFI on two M73 tiny builds. Everything works flawlessly if you add a Bcm94352hmb card. Otherwise, network over ethernet works if you can live without it.

For anyone interested, I have used this exact EFI on two M73 tiny builds. Everything works flawlessly if you add a Bcm94352hmb card. Otherwise, network over ethernet works if you can live without it.
Thanks I’ll add that model to the first post. They do have the same CPUs. Are the USB ports all working and listed the same?

Thanks, I’ll add that model to the first post. They do have the same CPUs. Are the USB ports all working and listed the same?
Yes, USB's all work as they should. The first one defined USB 3 and 2 ports accurately, I didn't check the second. I'll check it and report back later.

I picked up one of these with the VESA mount and DVD. Upgraded the RAM to 16gb and added a 500gb SSD. I ordered the HDD caddy because mine was missing. Bluetooth and WiFi I am without, but I don't really use the features that require it anyways.

I am curious about upgrading the CPU, but it looks like they go for more than what I paid for this machine, so I will keep an eye out for a bit. It's nice to see there is an upgrade path in the future though.

So far, everything else works and this machine is flawless with an exception. Wake from sleep with trigger a restart after it wakes. My workaround is to just eliminate computer sleep and allow monitor sleep while I'm home, and turn off when I am going to work or taking off for a weekend. If anyone has any thoughts on this, it would be helpful.

I have the machine mounted to the rear of my Samsung 2333HD Monitor. This is a pretty old TV/Monitor combo, but it is 1080p and the visual quality is good, but this has the added benefit of a decent set of speaker. It's like an iMac now.

About that upgraded processor, is it worth it? What is it comparable to in the Mac world? This machine as it sits is comparable to a 2014 Mac mini based on Geekbench 3, with results taken from a SnazzyLabs video from 2016 on another build (he just happen to post results from a 2014 Mini).

I'm also curious as if enabling trim for the SSD is working, or if it's even needed with our newer SSD's. I tried "sudo trim force enable" and it proceeded and restarted, but after double checking, it did not work.

Check bios there is a feature for enhanced power savings mode? Disable it for proper sleep if it’s enabled it won’t do the sleep function normally. If using Catalina trim enable is not needed. It may be causing the reboot.

Last edited:
Fantastic guide, works very well, except that resolution is limited to 2560x1440 on my 4k screen (2160x3840). Any idea how to fix 4k support?

thanks

Back