Contribute
Register

[Success] Lenovo M93p, M73p "Tiny" mini PC i5 4570t, i7 4765t Yosemite-Catalina

I have bought a M93P and BCM94352HMB wifi and bluetooth combo, everything is find as followed with your guide and files, EXCEPT the bluetooth function, WIFI is running good, but the bluetooth cannot search the devices......anyone can help me to solve it?? thanks.

Hey @buddy25 I’m having the exact same issue. How did you fix it?

The issue has been resolved. If anybody encounters this just switch the antenna inside the Lenovo. Mine didn't came with the front wireless antenna. I only have one internal antenna.

According the specs here https://osxinfo.net/konu/azurewave-aw-ce123h-bcm94352-bt-bcm20702-bt-4-0-tanitmak.4134/

J0-J3 - Wireless
J1-J4 - Wireless + BT

I realized the problem last night when I tried to pair and I put my headphones right against the Lenovo and they were picked up and disconnected right away.

This is my first build and all I can say is thank you for putting this fantastic guide out there :clap:

The issue has been resolved. If anybody encounters this just switch the antenna inside the Lenovo. Mine didn't came with the front wireless antenna. I only have one internal antenna.

According the specs here https://osxinfo.net/konu/azurewave-aw-ce123h-bcm94352-bt-bcm20702-bt-4-0-tanitmak.4134/

J0-J3 - Wireless
J1-J4 - Wireless + BT

I realized the problem last night when I tried to pair and I put my headphones right against the Lenovo and they were picked up and disconnected right away.

This is my first build and all I can say is thank you for putting this fantastic guide out there :clap:

Yes I have bought a few of these and the ones that didn’t have an external antenna have a knock out on the back panel. I picked up antennas from eBay and use those.

macOS versions tested and working with this EFi configuration: Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina up to 10.15 beta 4.

Hi I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre m910s works for me? i5-6500 and HD 530. I have boot issue:

“”the Mac OS installation couldn’t completed””
EBBD7BB0-9C96-4992-B3DD-C563F53F5142.jpeg

Hi I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre m910s works for me? i5-6500 and HD 530. I have boot issue:

“”the Mac OS installation couldn’t completed””
View attachment 491250
You have different graphics.
Try using cursors at Clover menu and go to Options then Graphics and 0000 out the graphics and ig IDs. Also remove the SSDT.aml for the Haswell in ACPI folder.

A few questions if I may?:

1. Has anyone here including Gigamaxx managed to get this up and running using VGA? For some reason my displayport is playing up (bought second hand off eBay) and I can't even see the bios when turning the machine on although before embarking on this journey I managed to extend my Windows desktop onto the monitor connected via displayport before formatting the drive using the OSX installer leading me to believe it is working but requires Windows to be running at the time the monitor is plugged in to the displayport and does not work outside of this scenario.

I have tried creating a Catalina installation USB using Unibeast, then overwriting the EFI folder attached in #1 but I never reach the MacOS installer. I DID reach it though using the standard Unibeast USB stick though originally and even managed to install Catalina using the normal Unibeast stick. My problems arose when using Multibeast which broke the boot which brought me here looking for a better solution.

One solution was using a github repo of an EFI folder using opencore: https://github.com/asle/lenovo_m93p_mini_hackintosh but now every time I try something new the boot options are stuck on verbose even after clearing the nvram. So any solutions to clearing the boot options from "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=11" would be very welcome :)

2. Is it not working because my system only has 4GB of RAM and therefore is a different system config than the one in the EFI download?

3. Following on from question 1, is it even possible to boot without a monitor attached and run it "headless" if the boot depends on which port the monitor is plugged into? (assuming VGA in 1. is the issue). I had Windows 10 LTSC on this machine and SMB was sketchy at least and my legacy PPC and OS9 Macs can't see the PC to back up onto it's external USB 12TB drive and seeing as Acronis AFP server is $700 I decided the best way was to have a proper Mac server running without a monitor attached. Ideally I'd like the same setup as the Windows one where the machine can sit on the desk not plugged into a monitor connected to the router running AFP, SMB, Backblaze and Plex?

I've been on this for two days now and it's eating into work time as I no longer have a home server running so any advice would be very much appreciated :)

Update: I have managed to clear the nvram by booting to a fresh unibeast installer and running nvram -c in the terminal. Now actually specifying -v this is as far as I get using the attached i5 EFI folder on Mojave
IMG_1257.jpeg

Serial ports should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

View attachment 494013

Looks like you have an error with an SSDT too.
OK I'll see if there's a setting in the bios to disable "serial ports" but there are not any.... BUT here's an interesting update! So... I thought that there was not an issue with the displayport as when I connected the pc to a second monitor it showed up in windows and it automatically extended the desktop. BUT the displayport has never worked to display the bios screen, or the boot menu. Basically anything before the PC has booted.

SO.... I decided to connect BOTH the VGA to a 24 inch LG AND the displayport to the 32 inch MSI and now I have the following scenario:

Switch on PC
See lenovo logo on VGA and no signal displayed on displayport
See clover bootloader on VGA
Select boot from USB
Initial boot sequence on vga
VGA goes blank and hands over to displayport
Installer takes over on displayport

So I'm half way through the installation so far by having both monitors connected. The displayport refuses to show the initial lenovo logo or any of the bios related screens e.g. bios / boot selector and clover bootloader. Once I get to a certain point in the boot, the monitors swap and then the displayport monitor continues the process.

So - is may machine broken? Do any of you see the bios on your displayport connected monitors? I'm kind of lucky in the fact that I have two monitors to hand so that I can at least see the clover disk / boot selector on one and then see what's happening on the other or else I would be blind in the process. I initially discovered things were working by having just the displayport monitor attached and then simply hit the return key blindly without being able to see anything as I knew for a fact that on a clean install you only have one boot option available on a clover bootloader with nothing installed yet. Low and behold after a couple of minutes the apple logo appeared on the displayport monitor with the progress bar.

So at the moment I'm seeing how far I can get in the install but it's a pain that I have to have 2 mnitors attached, VGA for the Clover boot selection and displayport for the OS itself as I'm wanting to have no. onitors connected at all moving forward ;)

OK so here's another update! So I have managed to install Mojave using the EFI folder attached in #1 and I am typing this reply on the M93p :) So it turns out that hackintosh installs do not like VGA - I think that this should be stressed somewhere in the OP and also if we can figure out a way to make VGA work that would be awesome as not everyone has a monitor with DisplayPort.

My particular issue is with DisplayPort not being available to the Lenovo PC at the point of boot i.e. it is not available on the boot logo, bios, boot selector and this also includes Clover too. I'm not sure how many of you also have the same issue but luckily I have 2 monitors to hand - a VGA one which I have used to see the first half of the boot process and a DisplayPort monitor to see the second half of the boot process and therefore finally see MacOS.

I could use the first VGA monitor to see Clover and then it handed over to the DisplayPort monitor when it "became available". There was a couple of times where the VGA monitor went blank and it looked as though it was handing over display to the other DisplayPort monitor but both monitors were blank. Switching off the DisplayPort monitor and turning it on again made the screen re-appear but the colours and size were all out of whack but logging in made the screen appear as normal.

So I have edited my clover config.plist to auto boot the "Macintosh HD" drive (yes I am a purist) after 2 seconds and also set MacOS to auto login using my user account and now if I switch the PC on after a min it boots fully to the desktop. I still have to tun the DisplayPort monitor off and on again to see the screen but at least I can boot! :) Also I have not tried this out yet but seeing as the "Mac" can boot with no display being shown it can also boot fully headless without having to have any monitors plugged in at all which is as I wanted as it's purpose is to be a server with no screen attached.

So TL:DR I managed to get the PC hackintoshed but only because I have 2 monitors attached.

This leaves just one final question:
Should I be able to see the bios / clover with just the DisplayPort monitor attached? Do the rest of you see the bios / clover / opencore on just DisplayPort? Have I bought a broken PC on eBay? It works - sort of - now but it has taken me the best part of three days to fix and only by having two spare monitors to hand and I just want to know if it's broken / fixable - like do I need to downgrade my BIOS to get DisplayPort working? Or could it be that I need to buy a different DisplayPort cable? I've seen things such as active / passive cables so any advice would be much appreciated. Also I'm hoping that if my machine is broken at least someone with the same issue will find this and know there's a solution :)

Back