CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Successfully fixed everything on my Lenovo B570e !

B570E.png

Managed to get QE/CI by adding the Sierra 10.12.x Graphics kext files and managed to upgrade from High Sierra after changing MacbookPro 8.1 SMBIOS to Macbook Air 5.1 (just changed the smbios section, all the same config.plist for the rest).

USB Port limit patch:
Credits: PMheart
kext: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
find: 83 FB 0F 0F 83 09 05 00 00
repl: 83 FB 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90

DVMT Patches:
AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer

Find:
76 40 48 FF 05 A2 2A 06

Repl:
EB 40 48 FF 05 A2 2A 06

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer

Find:

76 40 48 FF 05 11 E5 07

Repl:

EB 40 48 FF 05 11 E5 07

AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

Find:
76 46 48 FF 05 BA 48 08

Repl:
EB 46 48 FF 05 BA 48 08

Credits to everyone who found all of this.
Using your USB patch not solving usb 3.0 issue. Only the USB 2.0 port works.
Any usbinjetall.kext update for that?

Hi i see u use video HD 3000 ...on what laptop u had instal macOS ?
On my Lenovo B570e as i wrote on the title of the post with the picture.

View attachment 337799
Managed to get QE/CI by adding the Sierra 10.12.x Graphics kext files and managed to upgrade from High Sierra after changing MacbookPro 8.1 SMBIOS to Macbook Air 5.1 (just changed the smbios section, all the same config.plist for the rest).
So...you used 10.12.x graphics kext on 10.13.x, then you upgraded 10.13.x to 10.14.PB. Is that right ?
If you changed you MacBook Pro,8.1 SMBIOS to MacbookAir5,1, how come your screenshot shows MacBook Pro ?

View attachment 337799

Thank you for the information. I have tried your method on my Thinkpad X220 (Sandy Bridge Core i7 2620M / Intel HD Graphics 3000), and Mojave works fine with full graphics-resolution and acceleration.
  1. First, I added boot option of "-no_compat_check" to my config.plist. This disables compatibility check while macOS boots.
  2. Second, I installed following 6 kexts/bundles from Sierra to /S/L/E/.
    • AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
    • AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.kext
    • AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
    • AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
    • AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
    • AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle
rPOKUZp.png

I have a question: why HD 3000 drivers from Sierra are used instead of ones from High Sierra?

Edit: added list of kexts and the place to be installed. Thanks Sniki for answering my question above.
Edit2: updated the steps 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I also tried your method on my Thinkpad X220 (Sandy Bridge Core i7 2620M / Intel HD Graphics 3000), and Mojave works fine with full graphics-resolution and acceleration.
  1. First, I have changed the Board-ID to that of newer 2012 model (i.e. Mac-6F01561E16C75D06), and left other SMBIOS values unchanged (i.e. MacBookPro8,1).
  2. Second, I installed 5 graphics kexts from Sierra, as you mentioned.
rPOKUZp.png

I have a question: why HD 3000 drivers from Sierra are used instead of ones from High Sierra?

It’s strange but in High Sierra people went back to El Capitan drivers the make things work. Sierra drivers sometimes had the same issues.

What macOs u used on Lenovo before this beta ? ElCapitan, sierra or high sierra ? I have a toshiba Portege R830 and i want to hackintosh it ... can u share with me config plst, i had problems with display, was working only by hdmi on monitor. Thanks.
I was on latest High Sierra 10.13.5
So...you used 10.12.x graphics kext on 10.13.x, then you upgraded 10.13.x to 10.14.PB. Is that right ?
i was on 10.13.5 High Sierra, then upgraded to macOS Mojave Public Beta, after update, i installed kexts from Sierra and rebuild caches, rebooted and it all worked fine.
f you changed you MacBook Pro,8.1 SMBIOS to MacbookAir5,1, how come your screenshot shows MacBook Pro ?
Sometimes it reads those values from Serial number or Board Serial Number (one of these two).
Thank you for the information. I also tried your method on my Thinkpad X220 (Sandy Bridge Core i7 2620M / Intel HD Graphics 3000), and Mojave works fine with full graphics-resolution and acceleration.
  1. First, I have changed the Board-ID to that of newer 2012 model (i.e. Mac-6F01561E16C75D06), and left other SMBIOS values unchanged (i.e. MacBookPro8,1).
  2. Second, I installed 5 graphics kexts from Sierra, as you mentioned.
rPOKUZp.png

I tried the ones from High Sierra but they didn't work (i was the first one for sure), as the moment it came out i immediately refreshed the website and downloaded it (talking about dev beta1)., i tried to install, didn't work, soon after i checked the clover development thread and PMHeart fixed some issues and they did launch a build that works with mojave Dev beta 1.
Installed that clover version and installation proceeeded, checked that they removed the HD3000 related kexts, then i went straight to High Sierra partition and copied the kexts, they didn't work (Black Screen).

Then while browsing hackintosh forums on the web, a guy did make a post that Sierra kexts do make QE/CI work on Mojave and then i tried and it did work.

So short question answer: Only Sierra kexts are working for HD3000 QE/CI on macOS Mojave.

So short question answer: Only Sierra kexts are working for HD3000 QE/CI on macOS Mojave.
Thx. Could you please post those Sierra kexts ?

Thank you for the information. I have tried your method on my Thinkpad X220 (Sandy Bridge Core i7 2620M / Intel HD Graphics 3000), and Mojave works fine with full graphics-resolution and acceleration.
  1. First, I changed the Board-ID to that of newer 2012 model (i.e. Mac-6F01561E16C75D06), and left other SMBIOS values unchanged (i.e. MacBookPro8,1).
  2. Second, I installed following 5 kexts from Sierra to ESP (CLOVER/kexts/10.14). This keeps the system vanilla.
    • AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
    • AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.kext
    • AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
    • AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
    • AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
rPOKUZp.png

Edit: added list of kexts and the place to be installed. Thanks Sniki for answering my question above.
Kexts should be installed to Library/Extensions (recommended by Apple) or System/Library/Extensions.
Thx. Could you please post those Sierra kexts ?
Yes, i will upload them in an hour as im coming back home from work.

@macnb here are the macOS Sierra kexts that should make your Intel HD3000 work with QE/CI (attached).

Good luck!

BTW you can install them by copying them into your desktop in a folder named Sierra and using these terminal commands:
Code:
cd desktop/Sierra
sudo cp -R *.kext /System/Library/Extensions
sudo cp -R *.bundle /System/Library/Extensions
sudo cp -R *.plugin /System/Library/Extensions
after you installed them simply rebuild caches with this terminal command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and Enjoy !

Attachments

• AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext.zip
    219.9 KB · Views: 2,259