GA-Z270N
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Pingvinens CustomMac Build:
GA-Z270N-WIFI - i7-7700k - GTX 1040

Components

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K Desktop Processor
Amazon US || Newegg

Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Wifi Motherboard
Amazon US || Newegg

Fracal Design Node 304 Computer Case
Newegg

Ballistick Sport LT DDR4 32GB Memory
Amazon US || Newegg

Corsair 650x 650W PSU
Newegg

Seaggate Skyhawk 6TB 3,5" HDD x 5 (Not required) I only bought them for my Raid 5. (with Softraid)
Newegg

Cooler Master Hyper TX3i CPU Cooler
Newegg

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb Gaming Graphics Card
Newegg

Philips 25" LED 258B6UEB Monitor
Newegg

Already Owned
  • Samsung 40GB SSD
  • Logitech mouse
  • Logitech keyboard

Comments

I have been using MacBook for quite a long time, and previously had a GNU/Linux NAS for all my data. My main idea with the build, was a Plex server and storage of TM backups for my laptop, and using it as a gaming rig / video editing machine when needed, therefore the CPU/GCU.

Since I´m too old for neon light and big cases. I wanted to put all the components in the smallest possible case. Node 304 was an obvious choice, as it had room for 6 drives. I could install the 1050 GPU as well. You could install a bigger graphic card, but you will lose 2 hard drive spaces, and that was not an option for me.

Installation Notes

The most of this guide is copied directly from this build. So, a big thanks goes to jimmakos01. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z270x-ultra-gaming-i7-6700k-gtx-1060.231054/

I do have a few edits (removed FAKESMC etc) and added download instructions for Sierra and so on.

For this guide keep in mind that I am running Mac os Sierra 10.12.6, and I have tested only this version of Mac OS. This build, is just copy past from a bunch of guides around the site.

I found out that if anyone would like the same build, this would make it a lot easier.

Installation

Downloading and Preparing

Step 1. Download macOS Sierra
I recommend following this guide, and just use my changes and tips for a successful installations. The biggest changes are in the step 2,3 and 4.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I grabbed macOS sierra 10.12.6 using this link, as I could not find Sierra in my app store.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

Step 2: Create a bootable USB drive with UniBeast
These steps are coming from another guide (see link below). I used the USB 3.0 instructions to be able to boot from USB 3.0 as my motherboard does not have USB 2.0. I don`t know if it will work without this mod, but my Motherboard only has USB 3.0 so I figured I should do this as well.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-200-series-with-kabylake-processor.218494/

Files To Download
You need to download some files to get things work. These files are necessary for the entire session of the macOS installation. After finishing making a bootable USB stick with UniBeast, copy these files to the USB stick.
  • Clover Configurator
  • UniBeast And MultiBeast (Get the latest Versions)
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
  • AppleALC.kext release
  • Lilu.kext release
  • Latest Clover Bootloader
  • Kextbeast
After Creating Bootable USB, We should do some tweaks on the USB Because this board has no USB 2.0 Port. if you have USB 2.0, then the below steps is not needed.

Increase port limit

Kernel and Kext Patches –> KextToPatch –> +
  • Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    Find: 83bd74ff ffff10
    Replace: 83bd74ff ffff1b
    Comment: Increase port limit
Bilde1.png

Rename EHC to EH0
ACPI –> DSDT–> Patches –> +

This two patches would let USBInjectAll.kext load:
  • Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
    Find: 45484331
    Replace: 45483031
  • Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
    Find: 45484332
    Replace: 45483032
Bilde2.png

• Move USBInjectAll.kext & XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to USB’s EFI partition /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Step 3: Recommended BIOS settings

Before start installing we should modify our BIOS settings to have a successful installation.

BIOS TAB

BIOS Features > Windows 8/10 Features > Other OS

BIOS Features > Storage Boot Option Control > UEFI Only

BIOS Features > Boot Option #1 > UEFI USB Drive

Peripherals TAB

Initial Display Output > PCIe 1 Slot

Peripherals > XHCI Hand-off > Enable

Network Stack > Disabled

Chipset TAB

VTd > Disabled

Internal Graphics > Disabled

Step 4: Install macOS sierra

Step 5: Post installation with Multibeast.

So, after the installation (Step 4) we have to run MultiBeast 9.2

We choose UEFI Boot Mode at quick start.

In the Drivers tab for the audio we must choose ALC1220 and 100 / 200 series audio.

In Network tab we choose IntelMausiethernet v2.3.0

In USB tab, I choose increase max port limit 200 series.

In Bootloader tab we choose the third option Clover 2.4 UEFI BOOT MODE + Emulated NVRAM

In Customize tab for the graphics choose NVIDIA WEB drivers boot flag and NVIDIA Graphics fix up

In System Definition for the i7 6700K we must choose iMac 18.3

After all this we hit Build and Install.

Remember that you must not do any reboot yet.

It's time to install the graphics card drivers from the link bellow

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-6-378-05-05-25.227494/

After the installation remember to not restart your PC.

To be fully working the graphic card we have to install the lilu.kext with KextBeast

You must use KextBeast, or other kernel extension tools, as I was unable to get my Hackintosh working the first time with just copying the kernel extensions.

Lilu.kext

One last step is to enable the audio. I was follow one other guide from the forum.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...16gb-ram-m-2-nvme-alc1220-bcm943602cs.228467/

• Audio ALC1220
To have the Audio working properly it is necessary to deploy (via KextBeast) the following most updated kext:
  1. AppleALC.kext
Also, it is necessary to change two parameters on config.plist (via Clover Configurator)
  1. Audio / Inject: 11 (On devices)
  2. Patches “change HDAS to HDEF” (On ACPI)
Find: 48444153
Replace: 48444546

After all these steps it's time to reboot. Remember in BIOS to choose your hard drive for boot.

What works
  • Sleep and wake
  • USB 3.0, 3.1
  • Audio
  • Ethernet
  • NVIDIA Drivers
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth

What has not been tested
  • iMessage
  • Facetime

Update 23.11.17
I have purchased a BCM94360CS2 and M.2 adapter for native Bluetooth and WiFi support

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS2-Card-To-NGFF-M-2-Key-A-E-Adapter-For-Mac-OS-and-Hackintosh/391512537270?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MacBook-Air-BCM94360CS2-Wireless-AC-Wifi-Bluetooth-Card-For-Air-13-A1465-A1466/191769077085?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Installed, and working like a charm right out of the box

Update 26.11.17
Updated to 10.13.1 without any problems.

Update 09.01.18
Updated to 10.13.2 without any problems.
Just remember to update the lilu.kext file

Update 27.02.18
- Updated to 10.13.3 supplemental update without any problems.

- Also replaced the hard drive with a 120GB SSD drive. Just used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the disk, mounted the EFI volumes using clover configurator and copied from old drive to the new one. Booted without any problems :)

Update 29.02.18
So, I had a bit of a problem with memory leak on my GFX. WindowServer would EAT up memory and CPU usage. Was able to sort it with this fix. Thanks a lot to benjamin.dobell
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

Basically it downgrades the Nvidia drivers from 378.10.10.10.25.158 to 378.10.10.10.25.106

Update 22.05.18
-Updated to 10.13.4 without any problems. Just updated clover before installing.

Update 14.07.18
- Updated to 10.13.5 without any problems. Updated Clover before updating, and remembered to select AptioMemoryFix-64.ef under customise when updating!

Update 17.07.18
-Upadted my soft raid ti the latest version. Was not able to boot anymore, not from main, backup or USB installing stick, take a look at thread; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-clover-reboots-computer.256442/

Had to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ !
More info could be found on; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ntries-because-of-software-raid.176173/page-7

PS: as I am a Norwegian trying my best to write English, I would be happy to receive PM`s with tips that would improve my grammar.

Attachments

• 923e2259-08d1-447a-98f8-4977bc7dc746.jpeg
    923e2259-08d1-447a-98f8-4977bc7dc746.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 960
Last edited:
Did not do anything regarding the USB, except in Step 2.

After that, I have not experienced any problems with my USB ports, they work on motherboard, and in front of cabinet.
The ones in front, I think only are USB 2.0 or maybe 1,1, because when backing up, they were much slower shan USB ports in the motherboard.

"Since I´m too old for neon light and big cases." LOL, I was looking for un small case too, I took the Bitfenix Phenom as indicated in the customac mini buyers guide... Well, that's not what I call "mini"...

Thanks for your feedback, I have the same configuration and I still have some trouble with audio, the thing is that each time I try to change a parameter of the config.plist in clover ( audio/inject on 11 for exemple), when I restart, well, It doesn't restart... I have an ACPI error (table load failure). So each time I have to reboot from the USB key and remplace the config.plist.

It is kind of annoying, but the main probleme is that I dont understand why it happens this way, do you have an idea of what I could have done wrong??

I precise that I'm beginner at hackintoshing, thnaks a lot for your help

Hello, I intend to buy a computer according to your configuration, DSDT need to extract it? Does this motherboard use DSDT or not what is the difference?

Hi, I'm building a computer with your build, coincidentally with every exact piece of hardware, down to the SSD :thumbup: (except for the case; I'm building with a streacom db4 so I share your stance on flashing LEDs). However, I keep reaching AppleACPICPU delay and timeout after completing the post-installation reboot. I'm not sure whats going on, but I noticed the screenshots of config.plist you provided are with a different version of clover, resulting in many of our default fixes being different: most all of my fixes are checked, and none of yours are (see attached for my defaults). Is it possible you could post your config.plist, so I could look at all the differences? I'll post my findings.
Thanks, and Cheers!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 1.03.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 1.03.14 PM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 519
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 1.03.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 1.03.52 PM.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 524
Hi all I`m terrible sorry for my late answers to you all. I'm working offshore, so I do not always have access to my mackintosh, and the information needed to answer you.

Thanks for your feedback, I have the same configuration and I still have some trouble with audio, the thing is that each time I try to change a parameter of the config.plist in clover ( audio/inject on 11 for exemple), when I restart, well, It doesn't restart... I have an ACPI error (table load failure). So each time I have to reboot from the USB key and remplace the config.plist.

It is kind of annoying, but the main probleme is that I dont understand why it happens this way, do you have an idea of what I could have done wrong??

Sorry Mac, I'm quite new to the whole hackintosh deal myself, but you could read or ask jktaurus8 who wrote the guide I`m basing my guide on, should be much the same. You can check out my config.plist and check what is different, also, with kexts have you installed?]

Hello, I intend to buy a computer according to your configuration, DSDT need to extract it? Does this motherboard use DSDT or not what is the difference?

I don`t think it does, as I have barely heard of DSDT.

However, I keep reaching AppleACPICPU delay and timeout after completing the post-installation reboot. I'm not sure whats going on, but I noticed the screenshots of config.plist you provided are with a different version of clover, resulting in many of our default fixes being different: most all of my fixes are checked, and none of yours are (see attached for my defaults). Is it possible you could post your config.plist, so I could look at all the differences? I'll post my findings.
Thanks, and Cheers!

Glad we have the same opinion on the case Mather, and thanks for the tip, stream db4 looks like a nice case I need to check out.

Here is the config.plist for my current setup, now running on 10.13.2. Hope you figure it out.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 324
Here is the config.plist for my current setup, now running on 10.13.2. Hope you figure it out.
Thanks for your help- I was able to get it booting off the disk. Turns out there are some differences, but there were a lot of issues I had so I'm not sure if the differences were an issue.

To any other folk with little experience hackintoshing and are having issues, here's 3 things that tripped me up/might have solved my issues:

1. In ACPI, check Intel GFX & USB under OEM_DSM and uncheck all Fixes
Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.37.00 PM.png

This was one of the differences between the default Clover Config on newer versions and yours. I'm not sure if this made a difference in the end, but probs a good idea to update on your config.
2. Make sure your AppleALC and Lilu kexts have matching versions
Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.41.57 PM.png

Lilu and AppleALC are very version sensitive. As of posting, AppleALC is a version ahead; you have to download the same versions, even if one is older. You will get a kernel panic if the versions are not the same.
3. Boot order

This is probably a noob mistake I kept making lol. After installing for the first time, reboot into the USB you installed off of at the BIOS screen, and from there, boot into the newly installed drive. Do not boot directly into the newly installed drive from the bios level

Now, on to fixing my audio issues.
Once again, Cheers OP and thanks for the exceptional guide!

Does the USB-C port work?

I am working on a similar system as the OP. Same MB i7-7700 (non-k). Unfortunately, I have been pretty busy so I don't get a lit of time to spend diagnosing issues with my setup.

I made the boot disk with UniBeast with High Sierra without the suggested kext edits from this thread. I also made it on a USB-C drive. The install seemed to go fine. Once it booted into OSX the basics seemed to work with a few exceptions before running MultiBeast. All USB ports work, including the USB-C (this board has no USB2.0, just one C and the rest are 3), Internet worked but was quite slow, keyboard and mouse were fine, graphics were slow when opening launcher (running onboard HDMI as my graphics card has not come in yet). After running MultiBeast, but not doing post install kexts, it wouldn't boot into OSX. It would show the apple logo and the status bar would move real slow then at the end it would just reboot. Did a clean install again, and I'm back in OSX with no mods yet.

My question is, since my install went pretty smooth, do I still need to do the pre-install kexts and mods to the boot image? I do plan to do the post install ones (unless told I don't need to), I just didn't know how to acquire them at the time, but have found them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back