Contribute
Register

[Success] JSAlvarez's Skylake Sierra Build - GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 - i7 6700k - GTX 1080 & 960

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB:
To get all of my USB ports working properly, I downloaded this SSDT-1.aml file, and moved this file into into the patched SSDT folder at /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

So I'm sure its something simple I'm missing but I followed this and I still have some USB ports that are not working. Specifically, my two front USB 3.0 ports aren't working. I have the LIAN LI Ebonsteel K6 case which has 1 x 2.0 USB port and 2 x 3.0 USB ports on the front panel.

I currently have my dongle for my Logitech M510 wireless mouse in the 2.0 port and when I went to plug in my external Seagate hard drive it would not work. It was only until I plugged into the motherboard back panel that I was able to access the hard drive.

ANY IDEAS?

In all fairness I'm a huge noob when it comes to this. Don't even know how to check my USB speeds. Just wish I could get all these ports working.

What I'm concerned with now is getting iMessage and Airdrop to work. Any suggestions?

I'm still working on a painstaking process with Apple concerning iMessage. Followed the guide and am sure I have everything set up right, but Apple has some conflict with my Apple ID specifically. My iMessage works with 2 of my friends Apple ID's just fine on my Mackintosh, but not mine! I keep getting
"To use FaceTime with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below.
Customer Code:XXXXXXXXX" and
To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below.
Customer Code:XXXXXXXXX" messages when trying to log in with my apple ID. But not a problem with anyone else apple ID for some reason.

As for Airdrop, I actually bought the custom Wifi adapter from the user guide that connect directly to a REAL Macintosh wifi card. Therefore, my Bluetooth, wifi, and airdrop worked natively right out of the box with no configuration. I am fairly certain I am just as much a noob as you are, but I can probably help you with iMessage since I Technically got it working (although not with my own apple ID). Have you run through the iMessage guide? It's a bit of a read (a repeated read) but in the end it does make sense. Let me know what part you are stuck at and I will walk you through.

Thanks for our response man! Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling. So a few questions for you...

1) Which Wi-Fi adapter did you purchase?

Really need to get airdrop working. I edit video and I need a lossless transfer method from hackintosh to iPhone for ability to post content to social media.

2.) in regards to iMessage, do you get "Error during Activation"?

I followed the guide to the letter. Even checked my network settings. Deleted all cache files. But when I get the notification on my iPhone that "a device is trying to sign in" I use the activation code provided and always end up with an error when I try to sign in.

Hey so Side note...I seem to got all my USB ports working now, FRONT and BACK. I swapped the USB 3 Plug on the motherboard.

iMessage and other Apple Services:
For iMessage, I followed the steps outlined in this guide here.

Hey JSAlvarez..what system definition did you use when setting up iMessage? I'm running a straight 6700, I'm not sure if thats going to make me have to use something different.

Hi
Did your On Board Intel Graphics work (shown on Graphics/Displays System Report)? If so how did you configured?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back