Contribute
Register

[Success] JGINYUE B85I-PLUS | i5 4690 mini-ITX Haswell system with OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok today I also took a better look at my DIMMs. It says 1.65v on them.

While in the BIOS the motherboard says the voltage supply to the RAM is only 1.5.

Could this be the reason why only half the memory is seen by the system?

Is there any way to increase the RAM voltage in the BIOS?

Thanks again.
or maybe it is a 4GB ram stick?

or maybe it is a 4GB ram stick?
Jesus Christ... you are right. I am so stupid...All this time I thought I had 16GB of RAM. I checked my store order, and it is indeed 8GB total. Thank you so much.

Anyway I have an update on the SSD issue, BTW. This is what the seller said

"This motherboard supports NVMe M.2 and SATA M.2, when using different SSDs to work, you need to switch to each other. Here is the switch button as attached first picture and there are 4 jumper 3pins (printed MSEL1 on the side) for exchanging NVMe M.2 and SATA M.2. The default SSD is supported NVMe M.2 which is original pin-caps position. Please move all 4 pin-caps down to the next pins and SSD will be switched to SATA M.2 (1 pin in the upper part of the pin-caps is exposed) as attached second picture."

I couldn't find that MSEL1 switch though. The only switch I seem to be able to find is the one for resetting the CMOS.

Could he have made a mistake?

Any idea on that one?

May that apply to another model board….?
Just looked, it says clearly NVMe M.2.

Attachments

• A6E6B07A-107E-429F-AD99-E68BD9E97AA2.jpeg
    A6E6B07A-107E-429F-AD99-E68BD9E97AA2.jpeg
    891.2 KB · Views: 136
May that apply to another model board….?
Just looked, it says clearly NVMe M.2.
That's what I thought as well. I am going to wait for his reply, and, if he made a mistake, I will either order an NVMe or one of these M.2 to SATA adapters and use my existing SSD.

If you are planning to use your setup for Hackintoshing, check for NVMe compatibility

Great thread Luki.

I'm rolling the dice!

taoboa.png

Delivery scheduled for January 6th.

Already have an i5-4670K and K600 in hand, probably going to cannibalize 16GB in 2x8 of DDR3.

Hoping to shove the whole bunch into a SilverStone ML06-E.

Any idea about compatible optical drives?

Good luck!
I switched my B85 board to the H97 version as I got a cheap Broadwell CPU. Unfortunately I could not get it to boot macOS even though I followed diligently my own instructions ;).
There is always the "GV Wake Failure".

152 / 5,000

hello @luki , by any chance you have a backup in the efi folder that you can share please, I've been here for a couple of hours and I haven't achieved anything, greetings from Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back