Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not using the iMac 19,1 on your i9-9900K?

I was but I switched to iMacPro1,1 several months back. Everything is working really well with this system definition.

cool I will try that I really don't want the intel running.

The biggest advantage to disabling IGPU and using iMacPro1,1 is that DRM content will work. For example, Amazon Prime videos and Netflix videos should work in Safari and streamed videos will play in iTunes.

The biggest advantage to disabling IGPU and using iMacPro1,1 is that DRM content will work. For example, Amazon Prime videos and Netflix videos should work in Safari and streamed videos will play in iTunes.
Sold!!!

is there anything else I need to change other than just the System definition? or anything I should be aware of?
I will try this tonight

Sold!!!

is there anything else I need to change other than just the System definition? or anything I should be aware of?
I will try this tonight

Just disable IGPU in BIOS and change system definition in config.plist. Done.

Great tip thank you very much..also updating to Catalina as we speak on both hackintoshes.

Great tip thank you very much..also updating to Catalina as we speak on both hackintoshes.

How did the Catalina update go? I'm thinking I'll probably hold off until the first few updates have been released, but I'm curious...

How did the Catalina update go? I'm thinking I'll probably hold off until the first few updates have been released, but I'm curious...

Did the upgrade to Catalina after updating manually AppleALC and WEG to latest versions (1.3.3 and 1.4.2. respectively): no problem at all, everything working well! I am still with clover 4961.
cheers

So running good so far but.

GPU performance leave a little to be desired omg getting results below that of the Vega 56 by 10-15% significantly below that the other Vega 64 cards. wondering if it could be a thermal issue there.

If I make changes to the clocks and stuff and write them to the card in windows do they still have those values in OS X?

Sleep seems to take a lot longer to come up than it did under Mojave

Awesome thread!

I got this board running with Mojave a couple days ago by using a copy of an EFI folder that I compiled for a z390 Designare build. Luckily, I stumbled across this thread when attempting to find out why the USB 3.1 Type-C port wasn't working (all was well when using the internal header of my previous Designare build).

Thank you @jbarnette for providing the custom SSDT; however - after initial tests it appears that the pair of USB 3.0 ports next to the PS/2s seem to be working at full speed with USB 3.0 devices! But like you, my internal USB 2.0 header now no longer works (FWIW I did a recent build of this running High Sierra and all the USB ports are functional, but no biggie either way :).

Oh yeah, I must also note that I'm using a 9900KF, which doesn't have integrated graphics, so I'm thinking I might be better served going with an iMac Pro System Definition?

Lastly, I attached my EFI for reference.

9900KF
Z390 M Gaming
Sapphire 11266-06-20G Radeon Pulse RX 570 ITX 4GB
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM (upgrade to 32GB shortly)
Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card
Fenvi FV-T919 Wireless AC1300 PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter

Hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• B-San's EFI z390 M Take 1.zip
    35.2 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back