Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a 2.5 or triple slot video card... If you want to retain access to one of the PCI-e x1 slots, you will need to use a double wide card or if you want access to both he PCI-e x1 slots, you will need a single slot video card.
Hey man shouldn't this combination with the Vega6 have hardware acceleration and not have the Jpeg issue?
I could have sworn that I had solved this problem before but now it is doing it again.

Hey man shouldn't this combination with the Vega6 have hardware acceleration and not have the Jpeg issue?
I could have sworn that I had solved this problem before but now it is doing it again.

Vega 56/64 are supported. If you have Preview and Quick Look issues, (1) you probably do not have IGPU configured properly or (2) you are not using iMacPro1,1 system definition.

One quick question about the Gigabyte motherboard.
Which PI slots did you use to plug your Vega card and wifi card?
I have and Vega 56 and it blocks all the small Pci slots.
Same issue here, but I used PCie Extender.
2019-10-04 (1).jpeg
2019-10-04.jpeg
2019-10-04.jpg
PCIe.JPG

Please post pictures of how you mount these in your case when the build is complete.
OK, I will do this again.
Currently I have the machine disassembled, because the motherboard was for warranty, when comes back tidy or changed, I send picture of how it looks.

OK, I will do this again.
Currently I have the machine disassembled, because the motherboard was for warranty, when comes back tidy or changed, I send picture of how it looks.
Hello.
I think I solved my problem. I used the PCI 16 slot to plug my WiFi and Bluetooth card. both working right now.
Thank you .

Hello.

I'm trying to set up my first Hackintosh. I using pretty the same Hardware as @jbarnette but only with MSI Radeon VII. I tried to install Mojave 10.14.6 with the instruction and EFI from @jbarnette on page1 but with GPU. After debuging in Cover I get a black screen.

I tried to install with EFI from @LiveSorcerer but the same Problem. But Black Screen.

I there any possibility to install Mojave with GPU?

Thanks in advance.

I just did this last time but I switched to the
Hello.

I'm trying to set up my first Hackintosh. I using pretty the same Hardware as @jbarnette but only with MSI Radeon VII. I tried to install Mojave 10.14.6 with the instruction and EFI from @jbarnette on page1 but with GPU. After debuging in Cover I get a black screen.

I tried to install with EFI from @LiveSorcerer but the same Problem. But Black Screen.

I there any possibility to install Mojave with GPU?

Thanks in advance.

So this last time I did just that. But honestly it was the first time. This was also on the ASUS TUF motherboard. on the Gigabyte Z390M I always did the install with the onboard intel then added in the GPU after I had it up and booting from the internal disk.

but I'm having a lot of issues with long term stability and I still advent gotten the USB 3 stuff sorted out.

So I would try installing with just the onboard connected. then once you have it installed and you get it booting from the onboard drive. then you can shut it down and install the GPU. you shouldn't have to do anything it should work OOB.

But, in this case, you missed thunderbolt 3, or you will buy a board for this motherboard?
Mine just arrived at the local Gigabyte for warranty and checked if it's going to be RMA.
I don't have anything TB3. I may switch to a board that supports if if I get to where I need it but at this point I really have no use for it.

I'm not even sure if ASUS makes a titan Ridge add in card.

Vega 56/64 are supported. If you have Preview and Quick Look issues, (1) you probably do not have IGPU configured properly or (2) you are not using iMacPro1,1 system definition.
Are you not using the iMac 19,1 on your i9-9900K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back