Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I finally found the fix to power off all the USB ports after shutting down the computer, the fix involves BIOS as well as Clover Configurator.

First go to BIO, power - ERP - Enabled
Then boot into Mac OS and open Clover Configurator.
Go to ACPI - under the Drop table tick the following leave the rest unticked.

Halt Enabler
AutoMerge
Fixheaders
FixMCFG

After that, save these settings in Clover Configurator, and shut down and test. Mine is working with no problems at all.

Hi,

I am using Vega 64 AMD GPU. I also use Fake SMC and all the sensors to monitor the temps. Unfortunately, I am having some issues with the GPU temp. It shows 127 degrees Celsius which is definitely a wrong reading. Did you face this problem? I do not seem to find a fix for it. Do you have a fix ?

Hi Guys,

I am having a strange problem. Suddenly my BIOS was reset, and it even downgraded from F6 to F2. I updated it set all the necessary settings, and it still resets the BIOS each time. I tried many things and find out that, as soon as I change the setting for RAM to Profile 1, it does that. But ,apart from the rest of the settings, all good. This does make my BIOS to reset now I got stuck with this. Do you know what this is ?

Hi,

I tried my RAM in different combinations. I have 4 RAM sticks, each 16GB. I thought there was a problem with one of them. I started with only two to find out if there is a bad RAM stick. But, no, every combination takes me to this result. If I select the Profile 1, it shows 3600 and 2400. The strange thing is that these are all greyed out. Also, when I check it in the OS, it shows 64GB RAM which is correct. I'm stuck here. Maybe, if I downgrade the BIOS, could be the key. I appreciate some help if you come across a similar issue ?

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 148
Hi,
I tried my RAM in different combinations. I have 4 RAM sticks, each 16GB. I thought there was a problem with one of them. I started with only two to find out if there is a bad RAM stick. But, no, every combination takes me to this result. If I select the Profile 1, it shows 3600 and 2400. The strange thing is that these are all greyed out. Also, when I check it in the OS, it shows 64GB RAM which is correct. I'm stuck here. Maybe, if I downgrade the BIOS, could be the key. I appreciate some help if you come across a similar issue ?
Hello, @artooks!
Which RAM do you have?
Also, I would do a Memtest to be sure that nothing is wrong with any of your 4 RAM sticks.
If you go back to the history of this thread, you will see that I also experienced BIOS corruption and autorepair (this the dual BIOS safe process that restores the BIOS as per the factory settings , so F2).
@pastrychef also experience weird BIOS behavior with with motherboard.
When this happened I did a CMOS reset before and F6 upgrade. Since then no BIOS problem anymore (touching wood).

Hello, @artooks!
Which RAM do you have?
Also, I would do a Memtest to be sure that nothing is wrong with any of your 4 RAM sticks.
If you go back to the history of this thread, you will see that I also experienced BIOS corruption and autorepair (this the dual BIOS safe process that restores the BIOS as per the factory settings , so F2).
@pastrychef also experience weird BIOS behavior with with motherboard.
When this happened I did a CMOS reset before and F6 upgrade. Since then no BIOS problem anymore (touching wood).
Hi, @mmaira,
Finally, I am able to run correctly now. What I did was, first, I did a CMOS reset, then downgrade to F5 from F6 and tried it. There it worked. Then I updated it to F6 back again. Voila! Now its working as it should be. This was a really weird situation. I am happy that it was resolved. Thank you very much. I now saved my BIOS profile, just in case. This problem occurred right after I downloaded the iMovie and crashed a few times. Could there be a connection? If I disable internal graphics, it works, but then there is no hardware acceleration. How can I run iMovie without changing it from BIOS? Is there something that I can do from Clover Configurator ?

Hi, @mmaira,
Finally, I am able to run correctly now. What I did was, first, I did a CMOS reset, then downgrade to F5 from F6 and tried it. There it worked. Then I updated it to F6 back again. Voila! Now its working as it should be. This was a really weird situation. I am happy that it was resolved. Thank you very much. I now saved my BIOS profile, just in case. This problem occurred right after I downloaded the iMovie and crashed a few times. Could there be a connection? If I disable internal graphics, it works, but then there is no hardware acceleration. How can I run iMovie without changing it from BIOS? Is there something that I can do from Clover Configurator ?

Hello, @artooks!
You need to set up the IGPU in "Headless" configuration to run Final Cut Pro X , iMovie and other professional video editing software, meaning that the IGPU wil not be used to display but only for compute tasks.
Please read carefully this post from @Kennkimm66 that explains very well what it is, how to set it up and how to verify it is working correctly.

Please have a look also in this same thread the discussion that I had with @CaseySJ for my configuration

You will have also very good info related to Headless mode in @jaymonkey 's thread about Lilu and its plug ins (this guide together with the ones from @CaseySJ are part of what I would call the "Hackintosh Bible"

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Last edited:
Hello @artooks
You need to set up the IGPU in "Headless" configuration to run Final Cut Pro X , iMovie and other professional video editing software, meaning that the IGPU wil not be used to display but only for compute tasks.
please read carefully this post from @Kennkimm66 that explains very well what it is, how to set it up and how to verify it is working correctly.

Please have a look also in this same thread the discussion that I had with @CaseySJ for my configuration

You will have also very good info related to Headless mode in @jaymonkey 's thread about Lilu and its plug ins (this guide together with the ones from @CaseySJ are part of what I would call the "Hackintosh Bible"

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
Thank you I am trying to understand it, but for me it is not very clear, I appreciate if you could help me,

From what I have red It says that we need VDADecoderChecker to see if the Hardware Acceleration is enabled or not, I attached it It says it is fully supported, so in my SMBIOS, My Product Model is set to: iMacPro1,1 would that still work ?
so apart from these do I have to go to the Devices Properties and what should I enter that is not very clear for me I am using intel i9-9900 and AMD Radeon Vega 64 Frontier Edition GPU, so what should I enter in the properties ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 15.43.26.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 15.43.26.png
    22 KB · Views: 85
Thank you I am trying to understand it, but for me it is not very clear, I appreciate if you could help me,

From what I have red It says that we need VDADecoderChecker to see if the Hardware Acceleration is enabled or not, I attached it It says it is fully supported, so in my SMBIOS, My Product Model is set to: iMacPro1,1 would that still work ?
so apart from these do I have to go to the Devices Properties and what should I enter that is not very clear for me I am using intel i9-9900 and AMD Radeon Vega 64 Frontier Edition GPU, so what should I enter in the properties ?

If you are using iMacPro1,1 system definition, you can just disable IGPU in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back