Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have a 9900K and this MB - Gigabyte Z390 M gaming + Radeon 570. I can't get it to overcome the second part of installation - I downloaded the EFI folder from here and set up BIOS as instructed. But when the screen finally boots and shows the installation - 13m remaining, it reboots and it never gets out of this loop. Any clues? Many thanks...
I have the same issue, but I just realized, that my 970 EVO Plus NVMe Drive isn't working with hackintoshs. So maybe you got that same drive? Will switch mine out this week, hopefully it helps.

Okay, the new SSD solved my problem. But as a complete newbie to hackintosh, I'm really lost when it comes to MultiBeast settings. How do I use jBarnettes EFI folder? I looked for some kind of guide but couldn't find any information that would help me at all.

Would appreciate help, this is way more confusing then I thought it would be.

Last edited:
@mmaira That looks awesome, great job! I do have to mention though, the Fenvi card you are going to get is going to be ridiculously close to the RX 580 fans. I have this problem with my WiFi/Bluetooth card. All I could do was adjust the screws when I inserted the cards. I know that's hard to picture, and taking a picture of it won't help, but you'll see what I mean when you get it in there.

If you haven't done so I would surely recommend cloning your drive at this point. That is one hell of a job again.

-Semper Fi

Hello Gyrene,

So I finally got the Fenvi FV-T919 card. Your are right, it is pretty tight but there is still enough room away from the graphic card fan.
Actually I am encountering something very weird: After install, the card seem to be correctly detected as visible in the BIOS (In peripherals > Plug-in device Info). I can see that the second PCIe x1 slot is indeed occupied. But ,when I boot on Mojave, Bluetooth is correctly detected but no Wifi!
Generally people (in this forum and elsewhere) encounter the opposite problem often because the USB ports are not correctly configured:

If I boot now on a Windows disk, same problem: no Wifi but BT is there and working suggesting that the problem doesn't seem to be related to Mojave.
Conversely, if I add on the very same PCIe 1x slot, my old TP-link TL-WN881ND WiFi (only) card (from my current Hackintosh build GA-Z97M-DS3H+i7-4790K+GTX970 under High Sierra 10.13.6), I have operational Wifi in both Windows 10 and in Mojave suggesting that the PCIe x1 slot3 is not faulty.
Finally, if I use the Fenvi card in my current hackintosh (see above), both WiFi and BT work like a charm. Same thing under Windows 10!
The only conclusion for my little brain is that there is apparently a strict incompatibility between the FV-T919 card and the Gigabyte Z390M-Gaming motherboard, or maybe there is a very particular BIOS settings for this motherboard (BTW I have the latest F6 version installed) that I haven't yet discovered.
Not sure what to do else than trying another brand / build for a dual WiFi / BT card.
I will probably create a specific post for this problem to see if others have also experienced similar situations and if I can get more hypothesis that I can test :crazy:

Thank you

@mmaira,

So, I am glad you've gotten this far and sorry to hear about your present problem with the Fenti. This is the card that I am using that worked straight away, with PCIe x1 adapter:

Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth Module -- BCM94360CS2
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C78VBCD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAH648BE6920

PCIe x1 adapter card for WiFi/BT module
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KBBFV4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAH648BF4026

The card you are using can be used but there @CaseySJ created an .aml file that needs to be copied to the ACPI/patched folder. I wouldn't use the .aml until I asked CaseySJ his thoughts. I know some of his files I have used and it worked, ie the x580 file. Go over to his thread if you have questions he and everyone there are extremely knowledgable and helpful. I hope that helps. Keep me posted.

Alternate WiFi/BT Wireless Cards
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7GS4848
The Fenvi FV-T919 provides both WiFi and Bluetooth, and works very well in a x1 slot with the SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml copied to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder on the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD. Instructions for copying the SSDT are provided in the spoiler labeled Final Steps in Post-Installation.

@mmaira,

With the Fenvi card installed, it would be helpful to run IORegistryExplorer then select File --> Save As... and upload the resulting IOReg file. No other WiFi/BT devices should be installed at the same time. Your motherboard has an M.2 Socket 1 slot for Intel CNVi, but I believe it's unpopulated.

@mmaira,

With the Fenvi card installed, it would be helpful to run IORegistryExplorer then select File --> Save As... and upload the resulting IOReg file. No other WiFi/BT devices should be installed at the same time. Your motherboard has an M.2 Socket 1 slot for Intel CNVi, but I believe it's unpopulated.

Hello @CaseySJ
First of all let me thank you very much for your the incredible knowledge, dedication, time and patience in providing thorough and clear guides and explanations to this community. You are a source of inspiration for many on this forum. Your guide for the Z390 Designare build is simply exceptional, and I really learned a lot by going through it (still learning actually as it is evolving with time :) ).
You are right, there is a dedicated M.2 slot dedicated to an Intel CNVi card, but it is empty. I actually quickly look in the BIOS, and I haven't seen anything related to CNVi. Maybe these options highlight when a card is plugged in?
I have attached the IOregExplorer file.
Thank you very much!

@Gyrene: thank you very much for your input and for providing the links. much appreciated. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Michel'siMac.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 99
Hello @CaseySJ
You are right, there is a dedicated M.2 slot dedicated to an Intel CNVi card, but it is empty. I actually quickly look in the BIOS, and I haven't seen anything related to CNVi. Maybe these options highlight when a card is plugged in?
I have attached the IOregExplorer file.
Thank you very much!

@Gyrene: thank you very much for your input and for providing the links. much appreciated. :thumbup:
Thank you for the kind words! :)

Your IOReg shows:
  • Thunderbolt at RP05. This means you should be able to copy the two attached ".aml" files to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder for Thunderbolt hot-plug support and the use of USB-C devices.
  • There is no WiFi device present. Although the Fenvi has both WiFi and Bluetooth on a single module:
    • Bluetooth communicates with the system over the internal USB 2 header, which is working fine.
    • WiFi communicates through the PCIe bus, but there is no indication of this in IOReg. So some suggestions:
      1. Shutdown the system and remove power cable from the wall. (This is the only way to ensure no electricity is flowing into the system.)
      2. Remove and re-install the Fenvi card, making sure that it is properly seated in the PCIe slot.
      3. Power on the system and check WiFi.
      4. If there's still no sign of WiFi, repeat steps 1, 2, 3 but in Step 2, move the card into a different slot, perhaps a long slot.

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-RP05-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 80
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 108
Thank you for the kind words! :)

Your IOReg shows:
  • Thunderbolt at RP05. This means you should be able to copy the two attached ".aml" files to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder for Thunderbolt hot-plug support and the use of USB-C devices.
  • There is no WiFi device present. Although the Fenvi has both WiFi and Bluetooth on a single module:
    • Bluetooth communicates with the system over the internal USB 2 header, which is working fine.
    • WiFi communicates through the PCIe bus, but there is no indication of this in IOReg. So some suggestions:
      1. Shutdown the system and remove power cable from the wall. (This is the only way to ensure no electricity is flowing into the system.)
      2. Remove and re-install the Fenvi card, making sure that it is properly seated in the PCIe slot.
      3. Power on the system and check WiFi.
      4. If there's still no sign of WiFi, repeat steps 1, 2, 3 but in Step 2, move the card into a different slot, perhaps a long slot.

@CaseySJ,

Thank you very much for the detailed analyses and for the files.
I have followed your advice, both for slot 3 (PCIe x1 - see picture 01, I purposely removed the Titan Ridge card for the picture otherwise we won't see it) and slot 4 (PCIe x4) where normally the GC-Titan Ridge card is installed. In all cases there is no WiFi available once booted on Mojave.
What I found very strange is that in the BIOS, in Peripherals / > Plug-in device Info as shown in picture 02 attached. The card is "physically" detected by the board, but not by the OS!
I am very afraid that there is here a fundamental incompatibility between this card and this board. Would you agree?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 01.Fenvi_Z390M.jpg
    01.Fenvi_Z390M.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 02.BIOS_Z390M.jpg
    02.BIOS_Z390M.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 138
@CaseySJ,

Thank you very much for the detailed analyses and for the files.
I have followed your advice, both for slot 3 (PCIe x1 - see picture 01, I purposely removed the Titan Ridge card for the picture otherwise we won't see it) and slot 4 (PCIe x4) where normally the GC-Titan Ridge card is installed. In all cases there is no WiFi available once booted on Mojave.
What I found very strange is that in the BIOS, in Peripherals / > Plug-in device Info as shown in picture 02 attached. The card is "physically" detected by the board, but not by the OS!
I am very afraid that there is here a fundamental incompatibility between this card and this board. Would you agree?

Thank you very much!
The screenshot below shows all of the PCIe devices in the system. They should all appear in this section of IOReg. As you can see, your GPU, Thunderbolt card, and Samsung NVMe drives are visible. But no other device appears.

Because the Fenvi card is showing up in BIOS, it is possible that you have a DSDT or SSDT that might be interfering. Can you post a screenshot of the following folders:
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 12.55.37 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back