Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gyrene,

Thank you very much for sharing these ACPI files: I can now perfectly see the RX580 card in the PCI section of the system report. :thumbup:

in case of interest I am also sharing the layout (as well as the corresponding DSDT) that I have selected for the USB ports knowing that in my final build in top of the titan ridge card (in the PCIe x4 slot - slot 4), I will as soon as I receive it a Fenvi T919 wifi / BT4.0 card in the second PCIe x1 slot (slot 3. the PCIe x1 slot 2 is not accessible due the presence of the RX580 graphic card and will be using HS09 (the HS10 is deactivated as not needed). This is actually a limitation on this board for "bigger" graphic card such as Vega56/64 that will block the 2 PCIe x1 slots). I am uploading the correponding SSDT, and happy to help you build yours.

Thank you very much as well as all my best regards to the Tonymac community for such an excellent forum!

Attachments

• SSDT_USB_Z390MGaming.aml
    699 bytes · Views: 139
Last edited:
@mmaira That looks awesome, great job! I do have to mention though, the Fenvi card you are going to get is going to be ridiculously close to the RX 580 fans. I have this problem with my WiFi/Bluetooth card. All I could do was adjust the screws when I inserted the cards. I know that's hard to picture, and taking a picture of it won't help, but you'll see what I mean when you get it in there.

If you haven't done so I would surely recommend cloning your drive at this point. That is one hell of a job again.

-Semper Fi

@jbarnette
I get this error when I follow your guide and use your EFI:
20190428_123036.jpg

My hardware:
i9-9900K
Z390 M Gaming
ASUS Strix Vega 64
1TB SSD NVMe Samsung 970 Pro

Last edited:
Thanks guys. My HW is now filled in. When I try to boot without GPU - just iGPU, I run into a black screen. Running with iGPU enabled, but Radeon 570 preffered, I run into the installation, which seems to complete the first part, just that it reboots on its own. Then via USB I am able to start the second part of the installation, but it reboots right at the beginning - showing installation will complete in 13m.

I've built many hackintoshes and never had this kind of problems. Any help is appreaciated guys. Many thanks!

Hello Mhoudek.
What kind of drive do you have? Some people have experienced reboots during the install process when using 970EVO PLUS PCIe NVme drives.

I have a ADATA Gammix S11, but I also tried another ADATA NVME drive. I'll go try a SATA drive - I'd like to avoid using that for obvious speed reasons, but if this is the only way... :) thanks

Unfortunately it's the same story with a SATA drive. Second phase starts, shows 13m remaining - right after that it reboots - console doesn't show anything I could analyze even with -v for start :(

@joanareis here is my Thunderbolt install.

Installing GC-Titan Ridge

I installed the Titan Ridge in the last slot (PCIEX4). I removed my NVMe SSD, and installed Windows on a spare SSD that I had. The rest are the steps I used to get it running;
  • Booted into Windows, (let it do it's updates)
  • Grab the Gigabyte GC - Titan Ridge drivers and install them
  • Check Device Driver to make sure it's installed. (I can't remember where exactly, but it's nestled in there and it doesn't stand out)
  • Then run the GC - Titan Ridge application, to test if it is working (I used this USB-C hub)
  • Reboot and see if you have a Thunderbolt option now in the BIOS (It's under Peripherals)
  • Reboot into Mojave and install the following two files into EFI->CLOVER->ACPI->PATCHED reboot (Please see below)
  • Check About This Mac and System Report, then go to PCI (Should look like Image below)View attachment 402056
  • Open IORegistryExplorer and it should look like the image below
View attachment 402059

None of this could have been possible without @CaseySJ. His initial AML I used was the RP21, he redid it for me as it was found in RP05 as you can see above. So, thank you so much Casey, for all the work you do. I hope this helps anyone with our mobo, that wants to use the GC-Titan Ridge.

-Semper Fi
Awesome, thanks for sharing! Maybe I'll try it in the future!

kudos to @CaseySJ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back