Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get everything working...I am just fine tuning my system, and, like I mentioned above, the GC Titan Ridge card takes more than just plug and adding kexts. So I am going to work on that this weekend...

I thought about adding a Titan Ridge card. But from what I have read, you do need Windows to initialize the card. Also, hot plugging Thunderbolt devices is hit or miss...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. As I don't have a Thunderbolt Display that needs to be driven, I'm more than OK not having thunderbolt. As for IGPU and DGPU, use Lilu and whatevergreen along with Framebuffer patches to get it to work.

I did get everything working...I am just fine tuning my system and like I mentioned above the GC Titan Ridge card takes more than just plug and adding kexts. So I am going to work on that this weekend...
I had 2 builds with Gigabyte motherboards with Thunderbolt onboard. Both of them I had to install Windows first. After all this, Thunderbolt ports worked easily except for hot plug. They were all Thunderbolt 1.

I had 2 builds with Gigabyte motherboards with Thunderbolt onboard. Both of them I had to install Windows first. After all this, Thunderbolt ports worked easily except for hot plug. They were all Thunderbolt 1.
Yeah, that was what I was reading. So, that is why I am going to work on it this weekend, and, since I don't want anything to do with Windows on this machine, I am going to have to remove my NVMe and install Windows on a spare SSD that I have...So, that will be my project this weekend....

@joanareis, did you manage to inject the audio? I have it working but was curious if anyone here managed to get it working via the injecting onto the motherboard.

it's working through AppleALC i guess.....what do you mean "injecting onto the motherboard"? sorry for my ignorance :/

btw @gyrene2083 do you use SSDt for USB? how many ports are u using? I'm trying to make USB3 to work on my front case panel...

Last edited:
Are you using the Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+ 8GB? I have it installed on a Z390-F board with SMBIOS 19,1 and 10.14.5 Public Beta 2. But when using DP on my LG 4K HDR monitor my system suffers a mouse lag every 1-2 seconds.
When switching to HDMI it seems to show no lag or at least barely noticeable (not sure whether I'm maybe just imagining it :D).
Did you use any frame buffer patch in your build?

@joanareis below you will find a snippet of what I am talking about from @CaseySJs thread. If you get a moment you should drop in on that thread as there is a wealth of knowledge there.

Injecting Audio and Enabling On-Board HDMI
In order to keep the build procedure simple, we took the liberty of maximizing point-and-click options in Clover Configurator. But now that the installation is complete, everyone is encouraged to apply the following procedure to inject audio properly and to enable onboard HDMI port. If you plan to run the system in headless mode where the iGPU will not be driving any displays, then you should only make the change for audio injection.

Inject Audio Layout 16 only
For audio injection only, the procedure is:
  • Start by mounting the EFI partition on the Mojave internal SSD and run Clover Configurator. In Clover Configurator, open your config.plist and set Devices --> Audio --> Inject = NO.
  • Then copy-paste the indicated lines directly into config.plist, just after <key>properties</key>.
XML:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
// 1. Copy the lines shown below
// 2. Paste them into your config.plist under <key>Properties</key>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Built In</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>Audio Controller</string>
<key>layout-id</key>
<data>
EAAAAA==
</data>
<key>model</key>
<string>Realtek ALC1220-VB</string>
</dict>

Thanks for your info - can you tell me what case you used- it is slick looking.

Hi guys, I have a 9900K and this MB - Gigabyte Z390 M gaming + Radeon 570. I can't get it to overcome the second part of installation - I downloaded the EFI folder from here and set up BIOS as instructed. But when the screen finally boots and shows the installation - 13m remaining, it reboots and it never gets out of this loop. Any clues? Many thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back