Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Motherboard
MSI H170I Pro AC
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
@jbarnette
I don't remember the options that I selected in MultiBeast. So, I have uploaded my files and just swapped out the serials and UUID numbers in the attached copies of my EFI folder this contains all of the working config files and the working SSDT_USB.aml file.
@djkinetic
Attached is my EFI, it does contain the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, I used that instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi during my install, like I said previously I needed to make changes in the config along with adding OsxAptio and EMU64 to get the nvram strings to populate in order to get iMessage to work, its not installed by default. Attached is my EFI folder, it has the USB DSDT, the only thing I haven't played around with fixing is the usb 3.0 ports at the top of the boards back panel, I think it has something to do with the buffer value in the DSDT and finding the correct port # ie if its port 1 the port underneath that entry would be port 11.
Planned Build (Gigabyte Z390M Gaming+ i9 9900 + RXVega 64)
I'm planning to build exact Mac as mentioned in the first post. Which EFI is recommended to use for 10.4.4?
This will be a video editing machine "should" be everything works build. Cannot afford to rebuild every now and then.
How easy is to be upgrading (at least for now) ?
Also anyone got the TB3 working with this motherboard?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@joanareis,

This would be the card you would need as I just bought it and going to install it later on today:

Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge (Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card Component)

I hope that helps you. Oh did you upgrade your bios to the latest version?

Z390 M Gaming F5 Bios

BTW I just checked my bios and I don't have the Thunderbolt either. Which makes me wonder if a card needs to be in place for it to show up, or if that portion of the guide was copied from another guide and just wasn't taken off. Or I could be completely wrong, in which case I apologize in advance. I am going to insert the card later on today and will report my findings.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have same mobo/ but i7 8700k high sierra
IGPU
@joanareis,

This would be the card you would need as I just bought it and going to install it later on today:

Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge (Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card Component)

View attachment 400632

I hope that helps you. Oh did you upgrade your bios to the latest version?

Z390 M Gaming F5 Bios

BTW I just checked my bios and I don't have the Thunderbolt either. Which makes me wonder if a card needs to be in place for it to show up, or if that portion of the guide was copied from another guide and just wasn't taken off. Or I could be completely wrong, in which case I apologize in advance. I am going to insert the card later on today and will report my findings.

Good Luck!
Awesome! Post how it goes if you can! Would be nice to know!
My BIOS is updated yes!
Still trying to make IGPU to work
Good luck with the new card!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@joanareis are you trying to get video from your iGPU? I see in your specs you have an RX 580. Which would mean you should have a video coming from your card and not your iGPU. If I am wrong please, correct me.
I was trying to get the IGPU to work prior to installing the DGPU. The plan is to have both GPUs working
I'll try somethings suggested by @CaseySJ and his threads with the Z390 Designare, and maybe go to Mojave if needed.
Thanks for the reply!!
P.S. Tell us about the Thunderbolt card when you can.

Motherboard
Z390
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
iGPU
Thanks for the USB mapping file. I spent hours trying to figure this out - but then come across this build description - grabbed the ami file - slapped it in the folder and bam - worked. I salute you.