Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for OP - are you able to share which audio codec layout number you are using for onboard audio output to work on the z390m gaming mobo? Thanks!

Question for OP - are you able to share which audio codec layout number you are using for onboard audio output to work on the z390m gaming mobo? Thanks!

For ALC892 the following layout id are allowed:

Realtek ALC892 0x100302, layout 1, 2, 3, (4 for laptop), 5, 7, 12, 28, 31, 92, 98, 99

From those, Layout id 1 fits very well with the board input / output layout:
  • Rear OUT
  • Central/SUB OUT
  • Side OUT
  • Line OUT
  • Mic IN
  • Line IN
  • Front Panel
  • SPDIF/optical
from the ALC892 info.plist:

<key>CodecName</key>
<string>ALC892</string>
<key>Files</key>
<dict>
<key>Layouts</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Toleda Resources by FredWst, m-dudarev, 5/6 audio ports, native: 2 inputs, 3/4 outputs +front panel +SPDIF/Optical</string>
<key>Id</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Path</key>
<string>layout1.xml.zlib</string>
</dict>

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-07-10 à 21.05.55.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-07-10 à 21.05.55.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 267
Thanks, I'll try this tonight. I tried every single layout option in Clover Configurator but only HDMI audio would work, no audio out from the motherboard. I am sure I've messed something up though.

Thanks, I'll try this tonight. I tried every single layout option in Clover Configurator but only HDMI audio would work, no audio out from the motherboard. I am sure I've messed something up though.

Please make sure that you have Lilu.kext and and its plug in Apple.ALC.kext installed in your L/E folder.
You can do this manually by downloading the latest version
Lilu v 1.3.7
https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases
AppleALC v 1.3.9
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

Dont forget afterward to rebuild cache and permissions. You can use Kext utility for doing so: http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4

if you dont do this the newly added kext wont be loaded at next boot.

When this is done, to properly inject audio through AppleALC, please load your config.plist in clover configurator, go to Devices, Set Audio to No as highlighted in the red box in the below screenshot)

Then select the Properties tab and add the following:
  1. In Devices, add the PCI adress of the PCI device corresponding to the Realtek ALC892 internal card: PciRoot(0X0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) like in Green Box
  2. For this device add the 3 lines on the right side as described in the Black box

Reboot your Hackintosh
Audio should work and the Audio device shall be visible in the PCI section

and in the Audio section

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 19.55.46.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 19.55.46.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 163
Unfortunately the above didn't work. Still only see HDMI or webcam in audio, and no itms in PCI (even though I have a grpahics card and a broadcom wifi controller plugged into PCI slots)

EDit - success! Had a typo on one of the lines and downloaded the latest version of the kext utility just to be safe. Also didn't have the kexts in my L/E folder, just EFI. Thank you so much!

Edit edit - I see the device in PCI and Audio now, as well as have two Line Out's for output, however am not getting any actual sound out of my speakers. Ugh.

Edit... again. Speakers are working with 'Internal Speakers' selected as my audio output. Didn't bother to try it because it didn't make sense. Oh well. it's working. Hurray!

Last edited:
Please make sure that you have Lilu.kext and and its plug in Apple.ALC.kext installed in your L/E folder.
You can do this manually by downloading the latest version
Lilu v 1.3.7
https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases
AppleALC v 1.3.9
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

Dont forget afterward to rebuild cache and permissions. You can use Kext utility for doing so: http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4

if you dont do this the newly added kext wont be loaded at next boot.

When this is done, to properly inject audio through AppleALC, please load your config.plist in clover configurator, go to Devices, Set Audio to No as highlighted in the red box in the below screenshot)

Then select the Properties tab and add the following:
  1. In Devices, add the PCI adress of the PCI device corresponding to the Realtek ALC892 internal card: PciRoot(0X0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) like in Green Box
  2. For this device add the 3 lines on the right side as described in the Black box
View attachment 415855

Reboot your Hackintosh
Audio should work and the Audio device shall be visible in the PCI section
View attachment 415857
and in the Audio section
View attachment 415858

Hmmm... After doing this edit, my HDMI video output stopped working (I'm not using discrete GPU). Restored my old config (attached my original Devices section).

Attachments

• config.txt
    3 KB · Views: 171
Unfortunately the above didn't work. Still only see HDMI or webcam in audio, and no itms in PCI (even though I have a grpahics card and a broadcom wifi controller plugged into PCI slots)

EDit - success! Had a typo on one of the lines and downloaded the latest version of the kext utility just to be safe. Also didn't have the kexts in my L/E folder, just EFI. Thank you so much!

Edit edit - I see the device in PCI and Audio now, as well as have two Line Out's for output, however am not getting any actual sound out of my speakers. Ugh.

Edit... again. Speakers are working with 'Internal Speakers' selected as my audio output. Didn't bother to try it because it didn't make sense. Oh well. it's working. Hurray!

Not sure to understand:

is @skylined = @jarekd ?
if yes what is your configuration exactly ? Do you have a DGPU = RTX2080 (Skylined) or not (Jarekd)?
To my knowledge, since Maxwell-based cards, Nvidia graphic cards are NOT supported in MacOS Mojave:

If using a GeForce GTX 1050, 1050 Ti, 1060, 1070, 1070 Ti, 1080, 1080 Ti, TITAN Pascal, and TITAN Xp 'Pascal' graphics card or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, and TITAN X 'Maxwell' graphics card, macOS Mojave graphics drivers are not natively supported. Alternate NVIDIA drivers are required.
Note: Alternate NVIDIA Graphics Drivers are not available yet- if you have a Maxwell or Pascal based NVIDIA card, stay on High Sierra for now.

Could you clarify which graphics ouptut you are using? DGPU or IGPU (UHD630)?
if you really have a RTX 2080 as DGPU, is this really working in your hackintosh?

Hi,
Many thanks for your post.
My system works directly after installing Mojave using UniBeast/MultiBeast. My hardware is:
- GA Z390 M Gaming
- I9-9900K
- 64 GB Ram, 1 TB SSD/SATA
- GTX 680 first during installation and then switch to ASUS ROG Vega 56 (better performance per Watt than Vega 64)

This is my first hackintosh, so I still have some questions :
- I don't see iGPU. How to check that?
- My bios version is F2, normally it should not work with i9-9900K (F5 needed). Is this the reason why I can't see iGPU ?
- Currently everything seems to work fine (usb/display/network) but is there a check list to check everything ?
Edit: - And in iStats I can't see CPU temperature... Is it normal?

Many thanks.

Hi,
Many thanks for your post.
My system works directly after installing Mojave using UniBeast/MultiBeast. My hardware is:
- GA Z390 M Gaming
- I9-9900K
- 64 GB Ram, 1 TB SSD/SATA
- GTX 680 first during installation and then switch to ASUS ROG Vega 56 (better performance per Watt than Vega 64)

This is my first hackintosh, so I still have some questions :
- I don't see iGPU. How to check that?
- My bios version is F2, normally it should not work with i9-9900K (F5 needed). Is this the reason why I can't see iGPU ?
- Currently everything seems to work fine (usb/display/network) but is there a check list to check everything ?
Edit: - And in iStats I can't see CPU temperature... Is it normal?

Many thanks.

Hello @genkha,

You should upgrade your BIOS to the latest version. Just checked latest is F7.
The iGPU will be visible in macOS only if it is set to "enabled" in the BIOS. (You have 3 options there: enabled, disabled and Auto.)
If the iGPU is enabled, you shall see simply it in >About this Mac > System Report.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back