Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX580+UHD630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Everyone,

I got a spdif optical expansion card for my Z390 M Gaming motherboard,
I installed it and see the red signal light I choose "Digital Out" for the sound output but still do not get any sound, I have Apple ALC and Lilu installed, but it seems that this is not working, do I need to use a patch or something to make this enable ?
Hello @artooks,

Which layout-id are you using?
If not yet tried, please try one layout-id 1 in clover configurator, this one should enable SPDIF ouptut.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Hello @artooks,

Which layout-id are you using?
If not yet tried, please try one layout-id 1 in clover configurator, this one should enable SPDIF ouptut.
Hello @mmaira,

I am already using Audio Layout-id: 1 and it is working fine at the moment, but I do not seem to have any audio signal it is quite strange, I have the HDAS to HDEF patch also, and my audio is recognized in the system report but somehow I do not get any audio out do I have to try other layout-ids or is there any other kext for the optical out ?

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX580+UHD630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
To my knowledge you don't need anything else.
If I understand your post correctly, you do have sound when you use the regular Line Out (Green), but you don't when you use the optical digital output?
If yes, did you try the SPDIF output also with Windows?

My RIG:
Motherboard :
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming.
Processor : 8th GEN i7-8700K
Gigabyte 120GB SSD
Seagate 2TB SATA
Graphics Card: Zotac 1070Ti 8GB
Keybord & Mouse : DELL
4K Benq Monitor

Hi! I installed Mac OS High Sierra using the UniBeast installation. (I am OK if I stay in this version as long as graphics works.) Replaced my EFI on the USB with the attachment provided on the opening post (Reattaching as - EFI - Used on USB to install), and I was able to install High Sierra. To Note: My 2tb SATA was dected in Clover boot in which I have Windows. I am now using the attached EFI (Z390 M Gaming.zip) on the Mac in SSD and audio worked initially and then audio stopped working. My Graphics card is not working only 5mb is showing (I am booting from PCI Slot 1 via Nvidia HDMI port). I'm unable to install graphic drivers. My 2TB SATA does not recognize in Clover boot loader. I have a Realtek RTL 8192EU Wireless LAN, I am using the attached Package (All-in-one_kext_for_Realtek_Wireless_USB_adapters.zip) for kext but I am unable to install that as well.

All 3 of my Audio, WiFi (Internet) and Graphics are not working. (Does not matter if my WiFi or Internet is not working?) I do not have any shutdown or reboot issue. All my USB device are working. When I change the boot flag to Nvidia web, then the system is not booting (Kernel Panic). How do I Make both by Graphic and Audio work? I want to Use FCP as well. Please Help.

Attachments