Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SocialWorker and I have a slightly different motherboard. We have the "Pro" and this is the "M", but my steps would be similar. The Clover/Unibeast install only worked with Mojave because of iGPU issue (though it might be possible to make it work), and I started fresh with OpenCore seeing that as an easier way to troubleshoot. Since the "M" has a DVI and HDMI slot, the framebuffer entries will be different and will require testing before going to Catalina for either Clover or OpenCore if using Whatever green. I recommend following the BusID guide on the official OpenCore manual.

Here is my guide
in the first post is working OpenCore 6.2 EFI it works under BigSur and to be honest works better than catalina

Hi guys,
I have the same motherboard. I can't install nothing in it, except for Windows 10. For that reason I want to know what version of BIOS do you have?
I don't know if the reason that I can't install macOS is the BIOS. I ask because I contacted Asus support who said that they only support Windows 10.
My BIOS version 2804...
Thanks
I will tell you that I had that happen do I had to move my OpenCore off to a USB thumb drive. But it works great and is easy to back up. I got tired of fighting with it. if I had a drive with windows it would boot that no matter what I did. If I take out the windows drive then I can boot from the EFI on the NVMe drive but if the windows drive is installed on the machine then it will not boot. But I just got a thumb drive and put my open core on it and put it in the back of the machine. Works great! I'm running 6.2 with BigSur/Catalina/Windows 10/and Linux all on separate drives of course. But moving the OpenCore to the USB drive made life WAY easier!

does anyone maybe @pastrychef know what adjusts the scaling of the OpenCore stuff before the OS loads? I have to machines running 6.3 this one and one almost identical both area Asus boards. one the OC and bootload stuff loads in at 4K resolution and on one it loads up at what looks like 1080p everything in the setting for the OpenCore is identical. So I think it has to be a bios setting.

does anyone maybe @pastrychef know what adjusts the scaling of the OpenCore stuff before the OS loads? I have to machines running 6.3 this one and one almost identical both area Asus boards. one the OC and bootload stuff loads in at 4K resolution and on one it loads up at what looks like 1080p everything in the setting for the OpenCore is identical. So I think it has to be a bios setting.

I don't know... OpenCore boots in the monitors' native resolution for me. I've never tried to adjust this.

I don't know... OpenCore boots in the monitors' native resolution for me. I've never tried to adjust this.
Yeah one computer is and one isn’t. The have exact same configuration and Efi folder except the serial, rom, mlb, uuid, and usb config. The RVII does native 4K but the V64 looks like 1080p maybe.

I am having a problem I am in opencore 0.6.3 and using Catalina 10.15.7 whenever I restart or log out and login I see a folder called Recovery in the Trash this is so annoying do you face this type of problem ? how do you fix it ?

I am having a problem I am in opencore 0.6.3 and using Catalina 10.15.7 whenever I restart or log out and login I see a folder called Recovery in the Trash this is so annoying do you face this type of problem ? how do you fix it ?
I have not experienced this issue. Are you using the EFI OC 6.3 folder I posted in this thread?

Hi Everyon! I am having a hard time patching the Apple ALC. I use an extension for spdif out so I always have to modify the Apple ALC with Xcode. But, since the new Apple ALC came out, there is also a file called alc-verb, and, whenever I try to compile it, it does not succeed. Sometimes it does but I only see alc-verb file not the Apple ALC kext. Is there an easy way to do this ? or how should I proceed ? Thanks.

So is anyone using this config all of the sudden having a black screen after login.

Something really weird is going on. I can get to the point I can log in then about 2-3 seconds after getting to the desktop the screens all go black. it is doing this on my main and bata drives on this system. everything was working fine before I have not used the system in a few days as I have been out of my office. came back and it was off. turned it on and right after I log in, the screen goes black. as best as I can tell the system is locked up as I cant see it on the network and or remote in so it isn't like a video drier thing I don't think.

There have been no changes to my open core and I can get to the login just fine but as soon as it starts to show the desktop Bam! black screen.

I have booted to the recovery partition and ran first aid on everything and not a single error was found on either drive

So is anyone using this config all of the sudden having a black screen after login.

Something really weird is going on. I can get to the point I can log in then about 2-3 seconds after getting to the desktop the screens all go black. it is doing this on my main and bata drives on this system. everything was working fine before I have not used the system in a few days as I have been out of my office. came back and it was off. turned it on and right after I log in, the screen goes black. as best as I can tell the system is locked up as I cant see it on the network and or remote in so it isn't like a video drier thing I don't think.

There have been no changes to my open core and I can get to the login just fine but as soon as it starts to show the desktop Bam! black screen.

I have booted to the recovery partition and ran first aid on everything and not a single error was found on either drive

It sounds like it runs fine in recovery mode. Feels like kext/driver issue but hard to say. Have you tried to use your dGPU vs. iGPU for troubleshooting or try to switch the type display connector being used? Have you checked the resolution and refresh rate of your monitors or started using new monitors? Can you remote into the machine after it goes black using a remote desktop service or Apple Screenshare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back