Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I can upload my EFI when I get back in town.

Been a while since I checked on this thread but with Big Sur release coming, wanted to see if you by chance are still on Clover or have u switched to OpenCore on this build, I'm looking to migrate my clover EFI to open core but not sure exactly how to do so. Open Core supports booting of Big Sur, rather just migrate the EFI if possible without doing a complete reinstall on 2 machines.

yeah I can upload my EFI when I get back in town.

After some digging I could make my build (9600KF, RX5700XT, Giga M Gaming) running OK with everything working, including iMessage and all services.

There is just one thing that is kinda bothering me every time when it boots, it shows a message "parse error type 2 'ROM'' something like this, but it just vanish and the PC starts normally.
I am not sure if it will give me some problem eventually of if I did something wrong, but it seems to me that it has to do with the ROM entry on the configplist. I am sure I put the MAC address from the ethernet adapter but it somehow is not being accepted i guess....
Did someone have this problem too?

Hi guys,
I have the same motherboard. I can't install nothing in it, except for Windows 10. For that reason I want to know what version of BIOS do you have?
I don't know if the reason that I can't install macOS is the BIOS. I ask because I contacted Asus support who said that they only support Windows 10.
My BIOS version 2804...
Thanks

i don't migrate to OpenCore i managed to install macOS Big Sur, with the same hardware... following the instructions of @PhantomSlapESQ, and all went very well. I still have some problems but i'm almost there...

Wondering if anyone has migrated this hardware combination onto OpenCore?

@SocialWorker and I have a slightly different motherboard. We have the "Pro" and this is the "M", but my steps would be similar. The Clover/Unibeast install only worked with Mojave because of iGPU issue (though it might be possible to make it work), and I started fresh with OpenCore seeing that as an easier way to troubleshoot. Since the "M" has a DVI and HDMI slot, the framebuffer entries will be different and will require testing before going to Catalina for either Clover or OpenCore if using Whatever green. I recommend following the BusID guide on the official OpenCore manual.

Here is my guide

Wondering if anyone has migrated this hardware combination onto OpenCore?
Yeah, I have this with OC 6.2 and Big Sur and it runs great WAY better than Catalina does. I have Updated the First Post with the OC 6.2 EFI folder for my rig. Enjoy!

Hi Everyone I am a little Bit confused with the ACPI under OpenCore, Normally I used to have 1 folder under ACPI-Patched- My Custom SSDT so now do we need to add other files in this ACPI under OpenCore ?

@jbarnette is it possible for you share your EFI folder please.
My latest EFI is in the first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back