Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @jbarnette ,

Thanks a lot for this guide, I would to write also mine to help all the community.

I made a build with the same MB (i5-9600KF and RX 580 8GB), I've updated to Catalina without any problems.

All works, also stop, reboot and shutdown, except one thing, if the mac goes to stop with an HDD USB connected, when it woke up, and I try to make something on that HDD, like deleting or adding files, or also trying to eject it, the Finder goes crazy, it stucks.

Have you tried something like this?

Yes, I have this Motherboard running the latest BIOS in a separate system. It has a i9-9900KF and a 5700XT. The 5700XT gave some trouble where it was freezing up at the 5 minute mark when it would idle. But I was able to find the right boot arguments, and I just got back in town and this machine has idled wit the screen saver running for about 36 hours and is working just fine and totally stable right now. I'm typing this to you right now.

But strongly considering getting a whole new X299 setup for that. the i9-10980XE looks very appealing and the Asus x299 deluxe II with he dual thunderbolt support. looks like there are some running them under the new Mac Pro 7,1 profile. be nice when the W5700 comes out.

I'm posting here to not muddy up @pastrychefs thread further. I have updated to the latest BIOS on this ASUS TUF Z390M and I'm dead in the water. every time clover starts to boot MacOS I get to the point wherePTIDSensors: started and then it just sits there Anyone know the solution? I have tried the CMOS reset and just about everything else I can think of and nothing seems to be working. I have 2 separate installs and neither one works. Both produce the same result after updating the bios.

Attachments

• i9-9900K_G4_Clover.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 62
I'm posting here to not muddy up @pastrychefs thread further. I have updated to the latest BIOS on this ASUS TUF Z390M and I'm dead in the water. every time clover starts to boot MacOS I get to the point wherePTIDSensors: started and then it just sits there Anyone know the solution? I have tried the CMOS reset and just about everything else I can think of and nothing seems to be working. I have 2 separate installs and neither one works. Both produce the same result after updating the bios.

Please try this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 82
Please try this.
So I put my serial and UUID and stuff in that EFI and booted and got this:
IMG_4516.jpg

So I put my serial and UUID and stuff in that EFI and booted and got this:
View attachment 450828

I already copied over your SMBIOS info to the EFI that I posted. Please make sure you use the EFI as posted. The one that you were previously using deleted most of the SSDTs that I include. Those are all essential to booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back