Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, have anyone tried any public beta version of Catalina? Do you think our actual system will be compatible with the new macOS?

Hi All,

Just did the upgrade to Mojave 14.6 after updating Lilu, WEG, Apple ALC as well as as clover bootloader to v4934.
The ugrade went very smoothly, everything works well but no sound anymore!
I can recover sound if I change the layout id to 16 (originally set to 1). Not sure to understand where the problem is coming from.
Did you guys experienced anything like that for this motherboard?

EDIT: problem fixed by updating to clover bootloader to v4961

Last edited:
LOL I had the opposite problem I started getting the Motherboard audio working "
Hi,
Many thanks for your post.
My system works directly after installing Mojave using UniBeast/MultiBeast. My hardware is:
- GA Z390 M Gaming
- I9-9900K
- 64 GB Ram, 1 TB SSD/SATA
- GTX 680 first during installation and then switch to ASUS ROG Vega 56 (better performance per Watt than Vega 64)

This is my first hackintosh, so I still have some questions :
- I don't see iGPU. How to check that?
- My bios version is F2, normally it should not work with i9-9900K (F5 needed). Is this the reason why I can't see iGPU ?
- Currently everything seems to work fine (usb/display/network) but is there a check list to check everything ?
Edit: - And in iStats I can't see CPU temperature... Is it normal?

Many thanks.
LOL I had the opposite problem I started getting the Motherboard audio working "not desired" and it would keep taking over as the default output. I had to go in a turn it off in the bios. yeah I have not been able to get iStat to work either.

I'm on 10.14.5 and the iGPU works even though it is not showing up under the system report. Some times it shows up in the Activity Monitor GPU Usage History window as a Unkown Intel. But some times it doesn't it does show up in video proc though and I have full hardware acceleration. But as the previous poster said you just turn it from Auto to Enabled in the bios and that will make it kick in.

LOL I had the opposite problem I started getting the Motherboard audio working "

LOL I had the opposite problem I started getting the Motherboard audio working "not desired" and it would keep taking over as the default output. I had to go in a turn it off in the bios. yeah I have not been able to get iStat to work either.

I'm on 10.14.5 and the iGPU works even though it is not showing up under the system report. Some times it shows up in the Activity Monitor GPU Usage History window as a Unkown Intel. But some times it doesn't it does show up in video proc though and I have full hardware acceleration. But as the previous poster said you just turn it from Auto to Enabled in the bios and that will make it kick in.

Hi,

Yes, from previous advice I can see now iGPU.
I still have problem with Memory frequency so just need to re-read your post to fix that ;)
But is it only display problem? because if it's the case, well I don't care and will not fix :D

The only major problem for me is the shutdown/sleep. It works before when I had GTX 680 card. Now with the Vega 56 it's broken.

Btw, jbarnette, my Cinebench r15 show around 160 fps and yours 127 fps with Vega 64 card. How is it possible?

Hi,

I still have problem with Memory frequency so just need to re-read your post to fix that ;)
But is it only display problem? because if it's the case, well I don't care and will not fix :D

The only major problem for me is the shutdown/sleep. It works before when I had GTX 680 card. Now with the Vega 56 it's broken.

Btw, jbarnette, my Cinebench r15 show around 160 fps and yours 127 fps with Vega 64 card. How is it possible?
When you say you have trouble with memory speed. Do you mean that it is not showing as fast as the RAM is capable of? If so, make sure that you have XMP set to Profile 1 in the BIOS. That fixed it for me.

UPDATE: I fixed the problem with getting the occasional. "Couldn't allocate runtime area" or "Error allocating 0x11c45 pages at 0x000000000f302000 alloc type 2" were encountered or some similar error when booting.

If you already have the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi installed "and you should" Also add "slide=0" to the Boot arguments in clover. This fixed it for me, and I have not seen it creep back up since then.

Hi,

Not sure why I would think that this card should be higher to I updated the images for the benchmarks though and now I'm getting 156~. However my GeekBench scores all dropped a tad. Still the systems seems more responsive now and is running better than ever.

When you say you have trouble with memory speed. Do you mean that it is not showing as fast as the RAM is capable of? If so, make sure that you have XMP set to Profile 1 in the BIOS. That fixed it for me.
Thank you! I can see 3000MHz now!

I've been struggling majorly trying to get the Gigabyte z390 Gaming X up and running.
Was able to get 10.13.6 installed but cannot figure out multibeast settings what so ever.
Can't seem to find a successful build thread so if anyone can point me to a successful multibeast settings list that is compatible that would be amazing!

Been struggling with a similar build for a few days now:
- Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
- Intel i9 9900k
- 32GB DDR4 Corsair Memory

- AMD Radeon VII (as per OP, I will install the card after I get macOS up and running)

Following the same process as OP. Banged my head against the wall for a while trying to get past a "waiting for root device" hang. Turns out I needed to plug my install usb into a USB2 port (I didn't have any, so plugged it into a USB2 hub instead).

However, now once the boot process reaches a certain point, I lose video.
Using the onboard graphics & same clover settings as OP.

drivers64UEFI:
- ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
- AppleImageCodec-64.efi
- AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
- AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
- AppleUITheme-64.efi
- AudioDxe-64.efi
- DataHubDxe-64.efi
- FirmwareVolume-64.efi
- FSInject-64.efi
- OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
- PartitionDxe-64.efi