Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Radialer, I'm glad that worked for you. I do have a question on your hardware. I'm thinking of replacing my Sapphire RX580 card, with either a Vega 56 or Vega 64, can you tell me the differences and the make and model that you are using? Also, just out of curiosity what cooler are you using for your CPU?

Anyone successfully updated to 10.14.5??

Just did it after having upgraded to latest versions for Lilu (1.3.5) and its plug ins AppleALC (1.3.7) and WEG (1.2.8) in L/E as well as having copies in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other for Lilu and WEG.
Some strange purple lines during the first part of the instal, but otherwise nothing special to report, it is really a shoe in upgrade, everything working like a charm.

Hello @CaseySJ,

I have a question about the headless mode: Has SMBIOS absolutely need to be iMac18,3?
I have it set since original installation to iMac18,2.
It looks to me that headless seems to potentially also be working with this SMBIOS, as per IOreg output for IGPU (see below), I dont see any framebuffer/ports attached to the IGPU:

and acceleration seems to be enabled as judged by VDAdecoderChecker:

And here is a screenshot of the devices section of config.plist

As you can see I have actually the device-id set to 923E0000 (not 9B3E0000), this choice was based on the Ioreg output.
However I dont see the UHD630 in the PCI section in system report (the Fenvi BT/wifi, Intel I219V ethernet and xHCI are from Devices> Arbitrary and they correctly show up). Not sure I understand why.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
@Radialer, I'm glad that worked for you. I do have a question on your hardware. I'm thinking of replacing my Sapphire RX580 card, with either a Vega 56 or Vega 64, can you tell me the differences and the make and model that you are using? Also, just out of curiosity what cooler are you using for your CPU?
I'm using the Asus Strix Vega 64, but I wouldn't recommend that one, it has some issues with fan speeds in OSX.
Check the forum and the buyer guide for recommended ones.
The difference is, the Vega 64 is faster, but as long as you are not using your hackintosh for 4K video editing or live render view in C4D or similar, GPU heavy operations, you should be fine with the Vega 56.

For my CPU I'm using the Noctua NH-D15S.

Hi everyone, after using OsxAptioFix2Drv*free2000.efi driver once in every 5 boots I receive this error, I can shut down, restart and sleep with no problem at all but this error keeps coming is there a fix for this problem ?

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
Hi everyone, after using OsxAptioFix2Drv*free2000.efi driver once in every 5 boots I receive this error, I can shut down, restart and sleep with no problem at all but this error keeps coming is there a fix for this problem ?

Hello @artooks
If you havent done so I would suggest to try adding the « slide=0 » boot argument in your config.plist using clover configurator.

Forgot to mention that obvisouy when you use the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver, you need to remove any other ones that might be in the EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI folder (such as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi) otherwise it could result in conflicts.

Forgot to mention that obvisouy when you use the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver, you need to remove any other ones that might be in the EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI folder (such as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi) otherwise it could result in conflicts.
Hello @artooks
If you havent done so I would suggest to try adding the « slide=0 » boot argument in your config.plist using clover configurator.

Thank you a million times this slide=0 worked right away, now I do not receive such errors, thank you.

Thank you a million times this slide=0 worked right away, now I do not receive such errors, thank you.

Glad to see that it worked!
But All the credits have to go to @CaseySJ

During the build process a large number of "Couldn't allocate runtime area" or "Error allocating 0x11c45 pages at 0x000000000f302000 alloc type 2" were encountered. These problems were quite persistent, but were finally solved by using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in combination with slide=0. All other memory fix drivers are ineffective on this motherboard. The osxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 driver is included and applied in post-installation, but may also be applied when configuring the USB EFI partition immediately after running UniBeast.

There is one thing that I am wondering in my drivers64UEFI folder I only have

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

am I missing something, I have searched for it but I am not very sure what I need to keep in this folder with
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming Motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back