Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not home right now but you should take a look at the OPs EFI and compare it to yours if you haven't done so already. You should also post your config.plist and your EFI too. Maybe someone with more experience can take a quick look and see what's going on.

Good Luck.

Use latest AppleALC with Lilu and inject layout id 1

I delete some kexts and it worked now.

I must say I'm impressed by the thoroughness of the port diagram and the extensive comments in the DSL file! Some suggestions:
  • Each of your USB 2 headers supports two USB ports. On F_USB1 you have already deactivated HS09 because you know that the Fenvi is attached to HS10. And you've set the type to 255 (Internal). All of this is good.
  • On F_USB2, however, if the only connected device is the Titan Ridge card, I would suggest looking at IORegistryExplorer --> XHC to determine whether the Titan Ridge is attached to HS11 or HS12.
  • Then I would suggest removing the unused port and setting the used-port to type Internal (255) as well. You'll free up one port in the process, which you can reallocate to a different USB port.
Let's start with this and see how it goes.

Hello @CaseySJ,
Many thanks for following up and for the kind words. So I have tried enabling HS09 and adding the 255 descriptor, but without success.
After many changes I finally manage to have a stable sleep by disabling the third advanced options in the BT panel (to avoid BT devices to wake up the computer); But this was not enough I also had to disable the network acces wake up (and power nap, but I am not sure this one is really necessary) in the Energy Saver panel. This is quite confusing as I have disabled the "Wake on Lan" in the BIOS.... so at the end it is a BT AND a network issue causing immediate wake up. Not sure to understand why I have this problem as it seems to be OK for others having the same motherboard!
Many thanks for the suggestion for the Titan Ridge USB ports. I have some screenshots attached showing that if connected to THB Port 1, HS12 is used, and if connected to Port2, HS11 is used! so both ports are used by the card!
I will edit the SSDT to have both HS11 and 12 annotated as 255 and not 2 as it is in the current version. I 'll report back soon on that one.
One more thing: I think I know why the Fenvi card was previously not detected. After extensive trials this happens specifically when the Platform Power Management in BIOS is set on Enabled and more precisely when PCH ASPM is Enabled!
The card is detected when PEG ASPM and DMI ASPM are enabled and PCH ASPM is disabled !
Looks like the Fenvi card isnt compatible with this particular feature. Maybe this observation could help others .... or not :)

Thank you

Attachments

• ConnectionPortTHB01.png
    ConnectionPortTHB01.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ConnectionPortTHB02.png
    ConnectionPortTHB02.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I will edit the SSDT to have both HS11 and 12 annotated as 255 and not 2 as it is in the current version. I 'll report back soon on that one.

Hello @CaseySJ,
So I finally managed to find some time to try a few things (with the 3rd advanced options activated in BT panel):
  1. Reactivated HS09 port, and added on both HS09 and HS010 (F-USB1 header), the 255 descriptor for internal port > wake immediately after sleep
  2. same as above and in top added 255 annotation for HS11 and HS12 so all four ports described as internal > wake immediately after sleep
  3. Plugged the Fenvi card on F-USB2 (will use HS12) and Titan ridge card on F-USB1 (will use both HS09 and HS10), all ports with 255 annotation > wake immediately after sleep
So no real progress here but then I realized that in my office I have a BT device that I use for plugging my iPad / iPhone on my HiFi system. This device is actually always on. And after turning it off, the computer stays on sleep!!!!!
I cannot resist on attaching a picture of the culprit. And here is his pedigree:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZ3G7SC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I have tried with a Magic Mouse as well as a Logitech BT mouse, and with both devices computer stays on sleep, and can be powered by the devices. So I guess I will have to kick out the Esinkin adapter and try to find another one that is less likely to perturb so much the BT receiver of the Broadcom module of the Fenvi card. I haven't search much, yet, but I don't think anybody has yet experienced something like this...
Just amazed how little details like this could derail things

Attachments

• 61QWZenMPiL._SL1431_.jpg
    61QWZenMPiL._SL1431_.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 118
Hello @CaseySJ,
So no real progress here but then I realized that in my office I have a BT device that I use for plugging my iPad / iPhone on my HiFi system. This device is actually always on. And after turning it off, the computer stays on sleep!!!!!
Just amazed how little details like this could derail things
So true! So the moral of the story is to disconnect all USB and Bluetooth devices and then enable them one by one to find the offender!

You should have seen my signature, is that 1 week ago I was deciding which parts I would use to mount my Hackintosh, and I would be informed.
But during that week, I decided to change to this one, and I do not have any of those parts, because it is a long-term project, because here in Brazil the value is doubled or triple that of the USA.

Hey man! I'm also Brazilian, and my build is really similar to yours. It's my first time building a hackintosh, maybe we can speak about it some time? :)

Anyone successfully updated to 10.14.5??

Cool! Thanks guys. I’ll try myself later.

Hey, as I wrote before, I ordered this M.2 adapter to free a PCIe slot but still have BT and Wifi.
It was easy plug'n'play!
Only thing you should consider, is to order longer cables for the antennas if you want to keep the PCIe holding bar from the other adapter for this solution. Now I can get a Titanridge card and have all the I/O an original mac has on a mATX board: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back