Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is my EFI, it does contain the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, I used that instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi during my install, like I said previously I needed to make changes in the config along with adding OsxAptio and EMU64 to get the nvram strings to populate in order to get iMessage to work, its not installed by default. Attached is my EFI folder, it has the USB DSDT, the only thing I haven't played around with fixing is the usb 3.0 ports at the top of the boards back panel, I think it has something to do with the buffer value in the DSDT and finding the correct port # ie if its port 1 the port underneath that entry would be port 11. other than that minor issue this build is golden and working, there is a known issue with Netflix and safari, to my knowledge no one has solved it, I have Lulu and whatever green installed so I know that's not the issue.

thank you so much

Good @jbarnette

I was just prepping my files, and getting ready for my equipment to come in. I just want to know if based on your USB layout, if I got the back right? If it is, please feel free to use it if you'd like, if not let me know what I need to fix.

For those who lost on-board audio after 10.4.4 update. I managed to get it back to work just by installing the codecs again from MultiBeast tool, reboot and everything back to normal.

@TxarLs, thanks for the info, I'm still waiting on my case to come in before I start this build. I did have a question for you, I labeled everything in the post above according to the USB info from jbarnette. I'm a visual guy, so could you eyeball what I have done, and let me know if that looks right? I'm just trying to get all my notes in order before I start building...

@TxarLs, thanks for the info, I'm still waiting on my case to come in before I start this build. I did have a question for you, I labeled everything in the post above according to the USB info from jbarnette. I'm a visual guy, so could you eyeball what I have done, and let me know if that looks right? I'm just trying to get all my notes in order before I start building...

Regarding the USB labels on your previous post I have no clue. All what I did was copy the SSDT_USB.aml to the specific folder and I got my USB 3.0 working. I really don't care about the top USBs as those are my mouse and keyboard and they work equally on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 speeds, no difference for mice and keyboards. The rest USBs are working on 3.0 speeds.

Does anyone have any issues with wake from sleep? All I have connected is my keyboard, I'm using a Magic Mouse, and there is the PCI-e card attached to the onboard USB2 header for WiFi and Bluetooth. I am able to put the computer to sleep, via the menu, but, left it on overnight, and it won't wake up from sleep.

@jbarnette
I don't remember the options that I selected in MultiBeast. So, I have uploaded my files and just swapped out the serials and UUID numbers in the attached copies of my EFI folder this contains all of the working config files and the working SSDT_USB.aml file.

@djkinetic
Attached is my EFI, it does contain the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, I used that instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi during my install, like I said previously I needed to make changes in the config along with adding OsxAptio and EMU64 to get the nvram strings to populate in order to get iMessage to work, its not installed by default. Attached is my EFI folder, it has the USB DSDT, the only thing I haven't played around with fixing is the usb 3.0 ports at the top of the boards back panel, I think it has something to do with the buffer value in the DSDT and finding the correct port # ie if its port 1 the port underneath that entry would be port 11.

Planned Build (Gigabyte Z390M Gaming+ i9 9900 + RXVega 64)
I'm planning to build exact Mac as mentioned in the first post. Which EFI is recommended to use for 10.4.4?
This will be a video editing machine "should" be everything works build. Cannot afford to rebuild every now and then.
How easy is to be upgrading (at least for now) ?
Also anyone got the TB3 working with this motherboard?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back