Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the audio working again by changing the Devices > Audio > Inject from 11 to 1...
Here is my CLOVER folder, the only problem is audio not working. I have already set inject 1 in audio setting, but no luck. Could you please share your CLOVER folder, so that I may figure out the problem with my audio?

By the way, during the upgrade to 10.14.4, it is weird that it lost boot option, so I have to re-add boot entry with something like BOOTICE. Maybe I should reinstall the whole system.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 165
Here ya go.

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 145
Here ya go.
Still no luck for my audio. I think it's time to reinstall the whole system. By the way, you may need to remove AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, which may fix your sleep and shutdown. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi seems to be a better choice for this motherboard.

Here is my CLOVER folder, the only problem is audio not working. I have already set inject 1 in audio setting, but no luck. Could you please share your CLOVER folder, so that I may figure out the problem with my audio?

By the way, during the upgrade to 10.14.4, it is weird that it lost boot option, so I have to re-add boot entry with something like BOOTICE. Maybe I should reinstall the whole system.
Finally, I reinstall Mojave 10.14.4 from App Store, everything works fine now.

Last edited:
@jbarnette did you find any solution for restart/shutdown problem?

I've used OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and now it shuts down no problem. Only issue I've been experiencing is on Netflix with Safari, I cannot seem to get it work and I get always the same error no matter what I try: S7363-1260-FFFFD089

Does anyone have this issue with Netflix? Any solution?

After a few hours tonight, I can finally say I have a build with everything working so far, onboard audio, HDMI audio, RX580 Natively Supported, UHD 630 Framebuffer running in headless mode, I did have to manually set the layout of the ALC Codec via Hackingtool and also pick the correct ID for the IGPU in Hackingtool as well...also added slide=0 to boot arguments to get past men alloc errors...also my shutdown restart and sleep work.. only thing I'm waiting on is the combo wifi/bluetooth which should be here Thursday and I'll have native wifi and bt with continuity/handoff/airdrop working. I was able to get all my usb ports working in usb 3 except for the top two and of course the USB 2 header by editing the dsl template.
Hi everyone,
djkinetic, I have a build the same as yours, and I would like to install Mojave.
Can you please post your EFI folder?

thank you very much for your consideration

Hi everyone,
djkinetic, I have a build the same as yours, and I would like to install Mojave.
Can you please post your EFI folder?

thank you very much for your consideration
Just use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

Attached is my EFI, it does contain the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, I used that instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi during my install, like I said previously I needed to make changes in the config along with adding OsxAptio and EMU64 to get the nvram strings to populate in order to get iMessage to work, its not installed by default. Attached is my EFI folder, it has the USB DSDT, the only thing I haven't played around with fixing is the usb 3.0 ports at the top of the boards back panel, I think it has something to do with the buffer value in the DSDT and finding the correct port # ie if its port 1 the port underneath that entry would be port 11. other than that minor issue this build is golden and working, there is a known issue with Netflix and safari, to my knowledge no one has solved it, I have Lulu and whatever green installed so I know that's not the issue.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 329
I would like to work with you and figure all of those out and update this thread. I have another SSD coming tomorrow. I will clone my setup and then use the new ssd to make changes. I can't have my production machine go down.

that OsxAptio driver seems to be the key to shutdown and sleep working. only thing to work on is those 2 USB ports. I will continue experimenting when I have some time later in the wk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back