Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
does anyone maybe @pastrychef know what adjusts the scaling of the OpenCore stuff before the OS loads? I have to machines running 6.3 this one and one almost identical both area Asus boards. one the OC and bootload stuff loads in at 4K resolution and on one it loads up at what looks like 1080p everything in the setting for the OpenCore is identical. So I think it has to be a bios setting.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
does anyone maybe @pastrychef know what adjusts the scaling of the OpenCore stuff before the OS loads? I have to machines running 6.3 this one and one almost identical both area Asus boards. one the OC and bootload stuff loads in at 4K resolution and on one it loads up at what looks like 1080p everything in the setting for the OpenCore is identical. So I think it has to be a bios setting.

I don't know... OpenCore boots in the monitors' native resolution for me. I've never tried to adjust this.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know... OpenCore boots in the monitors' native resolution for me. I've never tried to adjust this.
Yeah one computer is and one isn’t. The have exact same configuration and Efi folder except the serial, rom, mlb, uuid, and usb config. The RVII does native 4K but the V64 looks like 1080p maybe.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I am having a problem I am in opencore 0.6.3 and using Catalina 10.15.7 whenever I restart or log out and login I see a folder called Recovery in the Trash this is so annoying do you face this type of problem ? how do you fix it ?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having a problem I am in opencore 0.6.3 and using Catalina 10.15.7 whenever I restart or log out and login I see a folder called Recovery in the Trash this is so annoying do you face this type of problem ? how do you fix it ?
I have not experienced this issue. Are you using the EFI OC 6.3 folder I posted in this thread?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi Everyon! I am having a hard time patching the Apple ALC. I use an extension for spdif out so I always have to modify the Apple ALC with Xcode. But, since the new Apple ALC came out, there is also a file called alc-verb, and, whenever I try to compile it, it does not succeed. Sometimes it does but I only see alc-verb file not the Apple ALC kext. Is there an easy way to do this ? or how should I proceed ? Thanks.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So is anyone using this config all of the sudden having a black screen after login.

Something really weird is going on. I can get to the point I can log in then about 2-3 seconds after getting to the desktop the screens all go black. it is doing this on my main and bata drives on this system. everything was working fine before I have not used the system in a few days as I have been out of my office. came back and it was off. turned it on and right after I log in, the screen goes black. as best as I can tell the system is locked up as I cant see it on the network and or remote in so it isn't like a video drier thing I don't think.

There have been no changes to my open core and I can get to the login just fine but as soon as it starts to show the desktop Bam! black screen.

I have booted to the recovery partition and ran first aid on everything and not a single error was found on either drive

Motherboard
Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 570 8GB, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So is anyone using this config all of the sudden having a black screen after login.

Something really weird is going on. I can get to the point I can log in then about 2-3 seconds after getting to the desktop the screens all go black. it is doing this on my main and bata drives on this system. everything was working fine before I have not used the system in a few days as I have been out of my office. came back and it was off. turned it on and right after I log in, the screen goes black. as best as I can tell the system is locked up as I cant see it on the network and or remote in so it isn't like a video drier thing I don't think.

There have been no changes to my open core and I can get to the login just fine but as soon as it starts to show the desktop Bam! black screen.

I have booted to the recovery partition and ran first aid on everything and not a single error was found on either drive

It sounds like it runs fine in recovery mode. Feels like kext/driver issue but hard to say. Have you tried to use your dGPU vs. iGPU for troubleshooting or try to switch the type display connector being used? Have you checked the resolution and refresh rate of your monitors or started using new monitors? Can you remote into the machine after it goes black using a remote desktop service or Apple Screenshare?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anybody else having issues with random reboots with this combo? It has gotten pretty bad in the last month or so, and I have not been able track it down for the life of me. I will be going a long then, all of the sudden, it will bod down. Then, poof screen goes black. I hear the fans spool up, then I see the BIOS. This is driving me bonkers!!!!

I have another hackintsh right next to it almost identical same board manufacture. "ASUS" and same chips set, same CPU, Same RAM, same Power supply, only difference is the Video cards model. The trouble box is a i9-9900K with a Vega 64 and the stable one is a i9-9900KF with a Radeon VII. both on Big Sur 11.2.3.

I'm wondering if there could be some kinda memory issue has been numerous version of OpenCore, currently running OC 0.6.6.