Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Motherboard
Asus Tuf Z390M GAMING PRO
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi guys,
I have the same motherboard. I can't install nothing in it, except for Windows 10. For that reason I want to know what version of BIOS do you have?
I don't know if the reason that I can't install macOS is the BIOS. I ask because I contacted Asus support who said that they only support Windows 10.
My BIOS version 2804...
Thanks

Motherboard
Asus Tuf Z390M GAMING PRO
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
i don't migrate to OpenCore i managed to install macOS Big Sur, with the same hardware... following the instructions of @PhantomSlapESQ, and all went very well. I still have some problems but i'm almost there...

Motherboard
Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 570 8GB, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wondering if anyone has migrated this hardware combination onto OpenCore?

@SocialWorker and I have a slightly different motherboard. We have the "Pro" and this is the "M", but my steps would be similar. The Clover/Unibeast install only worked with Mojave because of iGPU issue (though it might be possible to make it work), and I started fresh with OpenCore seeing that as an easier way to troubleshoot. Since the "M" has a DVI and HDMI slot, the framebuffer entries will be different and will require testing before going to Catalina for either Clover or OpenCore if using Whatever green. I recommend following the BusID guide on the official OpenCore manual.

Here is my guide

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wondering if anyone has migrated this hardware combination onto OpenCore?
Yeah, I have this with OC 6.2 and Big Sur and it runs great WAY better than Catalina does. I have Updated the First Post with the OC 6.2 EFI folder for my rig. Enjoy!

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone I am a little Bit confused with the ACPI under OpenCore, Normally I used to have 1 folder under ACPI-Patched- My Custom SSDT so now do we need to add other files in this ACPI under OpenCore ?

@jbarnette is it possible for you share your EFI folder please.
My latest EFI is in the first post

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@SocialWorker and I have a slightly different motherboard. We have the "Pro" and this is the "M", but my steps would be similar. The Clover/Unibeast install only worked with Mojave because of iGPU issue (though it might be possible to make it work), and I started fresh with OpenCore seeing that as an easier way to troubleshoot. Since the "M" has a DVI and HDMI slot, the framebuffer entries will be different and will require testing before going to Catalina for either Clover or OpenCore if using Whatever green. I recommend following the BusID guide on the official OpenCore manual.

Here is my guide
in the first post is working OpenCore 6.2 EFI it works under BigSur and to be honest works better than catalina

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I have the same motherboard. I can't install nothing in it, except for Windows 10. For that reason I want to know what version of BIOS do you have?
I don't know if the reason that I can't install macOS is the BIOS. I ask because I contacted Asus support who said that they only support Windows 10.
My BIOS version 2804...
Thanks
I will tell you that I had that happen do I had to move my OpenCore off to a USB thumb drive. But it works great and is easy to back up. I got tired of fighting with it. if I had a drive with windows it would boot that no matter what I did. If I take out the windows drive then I can boot from the EFI on the NVMe drive but if the windows drive is installed on the machine then it will not boot. But I just got a thumb drive and put my open core on it and put it in the back of the machine. Works great! I'm running 6.2 with BigSur/Catalina/Windows 10/and Linux all on separate drives of course. But moving the OpenCore to the USB drive made life WAY easier!