Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef, yeah, the only port that doesn't seem to want to work on macOS is the 3.1 G2 port on the back middle next to the type-c. I thought maybe it was like even, during the port mapping process, it would never see anything either USB 3 or USB 2. Not a big deal I don't think Apple supports 3.1 G2 anyway do they?
USB 3.1 Gen 2 is supported. I recommend using Hackintool to assist with the configuration. Try using the guide below:

It was a lot easier with older chipsets that had USB 3.1 gen 2 on a separate controller. We didn't have to configure anything and they just worked. On Z390, we definitely have to configure them and they count towards the 15 port limit...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey people,
I ran into a problem I can't really wrap my head around. I've build my system based on this guide more then a year ago. Everything worked fine, but 2 days ago, from one day to the next, it didn't boot anymore.
No updates or whatsoever happend, nothing was changed, no new components.
I got this error everytime: Error allocating 0x1196d pages at 0x000... and so on.
I went into the BIOS and played around with the settings, turns out, the thing that is causing this crash is setting Internal Graphics from "Auto" to "Enabled".

So, 2 questions:
1. what exactly does enabling the internal graphics do for me? I thought it has something to do with the preview function, but this still works.
2. Any ideas what the heck happened? I mean, literally nothing changed in the system, software and hardware wise.

Best regards and thanks: )

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey people,
I ran into a problem I can't really wrap my head around. I've build my system based on this guide more then a year ago. Everything worked fine, but 2 days ago, from one day to the next, it didn't boot anymore.
I got this error everytime: Error allocating 0x1196d pages at 0x000... and so on.
I went into the BIOS and played around with the settings, turns out, the thing that is causing this crash is setting Internal Graphics from "Auto" to "Enabled".

So, 2 questions:
1. what exactly does enabling the internal graphics do for me? I thought it has something to do with the preview function, but this still works.
2. Any ideas what the heck happened? I mean, literally nothing changed in the system, software and hardware wise.

Sorry, I just realized, this is the wrong thread.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey people,

So, 2 questions:

IGPU can act as a co-processor for some apps such as FCPX. Specifically, it uses Quick Sync to assist with video encoding/decoding.

You should fix NVRAM. For instructions, please see my Z390 M Gaming build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Motherboard
ASUS TUF GAMING Z390M
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have the same motherboard as you, can I use the SSDT-USB.aml file you uploaded and put it in clover/acpi/patched to fix USB causing sleep issues on my hack?

I don't know much about making SSDTs.

Edit: I used it and it worked

Last edited: