Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guy's

Thanks to this thread my new Hackintosh is running :)

There is just a minor issue with sleep:
Sleep works no problem, but when i wake up the machine i have to click twice with the mouse or push any keyboard button twice. First press it go's on, and second press the picture comes. When i don't do the second push the computer falls asleep again.

Is there a fix for that?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX580+UHD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@TheGeek
Try Darkwake=0 as boot argument in the Boot section of your config.plist file using Clover Configurator.

Motherboard
Z390 M GAMING
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
I’ve got a back up Z390 M gaming board. If my current board craps the bed will my current EFI work without issue on the backup board provided I’ve got the same BIOS and settings?

Will iMessage etc work fine because clover config file holds the serial/system def?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’ve got a back up Z390 M gaming board. If my current board craps the bed will my current EFI work without issue on the backup board provided I’ve got the same BIOS and settings?

Will iMessage etc work fine because clover config file holds the serial/system def?
Theoretically, yes, although I've had weird BIOS things change functionality. Are they the exact same board? If they are and you set the BIOS the same, you're good.

Motherboard
Z390 M GAMING
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Yes. I have 2 of the same board. I’ve been burned in the past having built a kick ass rig then try to find another board only to either not find the board anymore or to see it jump crazy in price. So I thought it would be smart to buy another one for a “just in case” scenario. Plus i got it for $140 so pretty good deal.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77
CPU
I5
Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jbarnette,
So just to let you know I used your configuration to get my Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X with i9-9900K working on Catalina. Many thanks as after initial hardware upgrade I couldnt boot at all so copied your files over and all good again.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77
CPU
I5
Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I managed to make iMovie and FCP working following some other tutorial for thiese programs. I still don't see iGPU under any system report. But, as long as everything is working, it's fine.
I seem to remember that this is correct because Macs with dual graphics set up the IGP in headless mode

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i7-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Anyone have Thunderbolt Hot Plugging working with this motherboard?