Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video you posted still showed gIOScreenLockState error. I don't know why you are still getting that.
Yeah, me either. Using the exact EFI / config you sent me. Does the fact that DisplayPort doesn’t work on my GPU narrow anything down? Only HDMI is working on the Radeon VII.

Yeah, me either. Using the exact EFI / config you sent me. Does the fact that DisplayPort doesn’t work on my GPU narrow anything down? Only HDMI is working on the Radeon VII.

DisplayPort should work. In my experience, DisplayPort is the most reliable.

On my Vega 56, I get video from motherboard post screen to Clover boot menu to Apple logo and boot progress bar. I lose video near the end of the Apple logo and progress bar.

If you are unable to see the motherboard post screen with DisplayPort, I think it's something that you need to configure in BIOS. Once you get that sorted, I suspect everything will work. Not being able to see the motherboard post screen has nothing to do with Clover and/or Clover configuration.

Where can I buy the Apple type case shown in the post

Hello! I wonder if your SSDT-Z390-Vega64 will work on the Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE ? or just work on Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming ?

Hey, @jbarnett, your build inspired me to create my first hackintosh. Due to budget constraint, I ended up with i3-8100, Gigabyte Z390M Gaming, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz, 450 watt power supply, decent cabinet, no graphic card, 1 NVMe Toshiba SSD M.2 drive and 1 normal Adata SSD.

thank you for this guide

Last edited:
What EFI and config file should I use to install Catalina on same configuration?

Anyone know if the Z390 M Gaming will work with either the Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3?

Anyone know if the Z390 M Gaming will work with either the Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3?
I have the Gigabyte Z390M Gaming and my Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 just arrived, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet, because I only need the processor to mount my Hackintosh.
I'm still seeing it's really worth taking the i9-9900K than the i7-9700K, if they say it doesn't have a stark difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back